Outsiders

gref

I thought you'd enjoy home rounds Moe...

20-24 members 'eh? Make for a good end of year piss up!!!!

i think limiting numbers will be the start of the end for the v32

I think it should be taken on a year by year basis.... I don't think it has to be the beginning of the end.

i think 12 to 14 round's, commercial track's only, social round's at members track's if they wish

I reckon that could work too... but the addition of the home rounds adds to the variety of tracks to race on... it got a bit boring to the end of last year... always at Ged's (or anywhere) is a bit much.

not all of us know dave, i'v never even really spoken to him

I'm sure you two would get along fine Moe....

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vlad,

At the Phoenix slotcar group we purely race for the fun of it (social), we run around 5 different classes a night with an avg of 12 people attending we dont run a championship although it has been spoken about.

We have fun on the night with no stress of a championship.

The v32 is practically advertising on Auslot and there will always be someone that wants to be apart of the action.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

I thought you'd enjoy home rounds Moe...

20-24 members 'eh? Make for a good end of year piss up!!!!

i think limiting numbers will be the start of the end for the v32

I think it should be taken on a year by year basis.... I don't think it has to be the beginning of the end.

i think 12 to 14 round's, commercial track's only, social round's at members track's if they wish

I reckon that could work too... but the addition of the home rounds adds to the variety of tracks to race on... it got a bit boring to the end of last year... always at Ged's (or anywhere) is a bit much.

not all of us know dave, i'v never even really spoken to him

I'm sure you two would get along fine Moe....

dont get me wrong i like see'n & race'n on the home track's but last year when it was spoke'n about

i could see there would be a problem with numbers( 15 or more in ya house )

i get along with every one dick so no problem there with dave, & he seem's like a realy good slot racer so even better

moebanner.jpg

Shut up when your talking to me!

Hi Guy's,

Moe, Sorry Mate I believed most of V32 were either PM'd or Emailed, no one was intentially missed, mistakes can happen.

Dave, Thanks for the reply very much appreciated.

Could I ask then how you make the cut off for each round as you must get more than 12 racers wanting to come along?

Also how do you handle new potential members and one off's?

I don't think we advertise as such, we simply put info in the CLUB area and discuss the V32 Championship.

I believe V32 members are a lot more open in discussing the Club and the events though.

A preview of next year - 2009 V32 Championship Racing and/or 2009 V32 Social Racing.

Now that will be a question for next years Committee ;)

Regards

NimROD

Hi Guy's,

Moe, Sorry Mate I believed most of V32 were either PM'd or Emailed, no one was intentially missed, mistakes can happen.

Dave, Thanks for the reply very much appreciated.

Could I ask then how you make the cut off for each round as you must get more than 12 racers wanting to come along?

Also how do you handle new potential members and one off's?

I don't think we advertise as such, we simply put info in the CLUB area and discuss the V32 Championship.

I believe V32 members are a lot more open in discussing the Club and the events though.

A preview of next year - 2009 V32 Championship Racing and/or 2009 V32 Social Racing.

Now that will be a question for next years Committee ;)

Regards

NimROD

NimRod,

ATM we don't really have a cut off, the most we have had at a rnd was 18 or 19 at my place, we have more members but there will never be every member there on the night... for instance we had a meet friday and i could not make it (flu) my brother was away, and my cousin was away aswell so thats 3.

New members are normally a friend of someone that is already a member and 1 offs the same, the 1 offs do race on the day normally the friend will let them use there cars, but being a social event no one is fussed.

One thing i dont understand is why v32 events take so long to run? 4pm-12-1 am we run 5 classes and start around 7pm and finsh 10-11 pm then afterwards we stick around and just drive other cars.

cheers

David

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

David

The first V32 event for the year was at MR, and admittedly this one took a while (although I was home by 11), so not that bad.

Gref/Moe comuted from Ballarat, so about 2 hrs travel home, assuming no pit stops on the way. Factor in any social chit chat in the car park, the time getting is perhaps a bit mis-represented there.

I think the biggest time useage was the qualifying, (and granted it did add pressure to perform), I think its probably not what we need, and we should go with using teadership table position.

All the other events have been run in about 3-4.5 hours (even Knoath's with timing glitches), so its not all doom & gloom, I think the other events ran fne for time.

I remember trying to contact the Phoenix group theough the website about joining/coming along, but got a less than an enthusiastic response (read none)

V32

For the record my thoughts are that I disagree with the 'comitting' to the season as a prerequisite for joining, whats to say (playing devils advocate here) that some says they will come to all meetings and doesn't turn up to all (all the time secretly knowing they will turn up to maybe half)?

I know I've mentioned this in Pm's but I thought the main protagonist against has since departed.

I think if someone wants to join in ( and they're a known quantity) fine let them run.

I wasn't there last year so didn't experience the Ged's friends incident, it sounded wrong, but V32 was a social club then, so it was probably deemed alright. I think this is clouding everyones viewpoint in the matter.

Until the first round I was one of these unknown quantities, knew no-one knew me (I turned up once at Ged's for a look) but I joined in to have some fun racing, which is proabaly what we all want anyway.

Apologies for the lenthgy post, ( I wasn't going to reply, and started and stopped probably 4 times beefore this one)

Edited by gah5

Cheers

Glenn

David

The first V32 event for the year was at MR, and admittedly this one took a while (although I was home by 11), so not that bad.

Gref/Moe comuted from Ballarat, so about 2 hrs travel home, assuming no pit stops on the way. Factor in any social chit chat in the car park, the time getting is perhaps a bit mis-represented there.

I think the biggest time useage was the qualifying, (and granted it did add pressure to perform), I think its probably not what we need, and we should go with using teadership table position.

All the other events have been run in about 3-4.5 hours (even Knoath's with timing glitches), so its not all doom & gloom, I think the other events ran fne for time.

I remember trying to contact the Phoenix group theough the website about joining/coming along, but got a less than an enthusiastic response (read none)

V32

For the record my thoughts are that I disagree with the 'comitting' to the season as a prerequisite for joining, whats to say (playing devils advocate here) that some says they will come to all meetings and doesn't turn up to all (all the time secretly knowing they will turn up to maybe half)?

I know I've mentioned this in Pm's but I thought the main protagonist against has since departed.

I think if someone wants to join in ( and they're a known quantity) fine let them run.

I wasn't there last year so didn't experience the Ged's friends incident, it sounded wrong, but V32 was a social club then, so it was probably deemed alright. I think this is clouding everyones viewpoint in the matter.

Until the first round I was one of these unknown quantities, knew no-one knew me (I turned up once at Ged's for a look) but I joined in to have some fun racing, which is proabaly what we all want anyway.

Apologies for the lenthgy post, ( I wasn't going to reply, and started and stopped probably 4 times beefore this one)

time factor definitely misrepresented at round 1 at mr for shane and myself, chat in the car park,

then went to dick's got home about 3 am if we didn't go to dick's ( but was great fun )

we would have got home at about 12/12:30 pm

moebanner.jpg

Shut up when your talking to me!

time factor definitely misrepresented at round 1 at mr for shane and myself, chat in the car park,

then went to dick's got home about 3 am if we didn't go to dick's ( but was great fun )

we would have got home at about 12/12:30 pm

na it took over an hour to get back to Dick's from MR, then coffee and then 1.5 hours home. Will be no qualifying this time round!

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

it's not a matter of just let anyone in but if a member can vouch for them.

I will vouch for Shane L and Dave, I know these guys from the pre-phoenix days.

Corporate greed is driving inflation.

Cash, use it or lose it.  No Digital Currency, No Digital ID.

We've had a few no-shows and 1 drop out... I think Dave and Shane should be able to step in... they aren't the type of guys to hinder any points on offer to the steady runners so far.

If Chris can vouch... that's good enough for me.

Dave... how on Earth did you get 19 blokes in your grudge?

I'll wait for the Comittee to announce what will be the 'Word' on this, but the above are just my thoughts.

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Ill add one aspect to racing at MR which is different to the rest of the tracks which is the fact there are 8 lanes and to cycle through all of them will take a bit more than Geds or any of the other home tracks for that matter. As for Dave and Shane L Id happily race (read : watch them lap me) with the both these guys without issue, damn I might even learn something .

Regards

Rob

HHMMMM i have lots to say, but given the open forum i wont. All i will say though is once you have sufficient numbers you may as well run the main events at one venue or 2 cause invariably, most private venues cannot handle a large number of people. Jeez, are we taking it that seriously we would worry about someone coming in for one or two rounds. This is not motor racing, not a professional sport, just a bunch of elderley, overweight guys with more than one bad habit but one thing in common, slot cars. I will come to most rounds, but be happy to forfeit all points. I do it cause i like it. And as long as everyone plays fair then thats good.

see you saturday

HHMMMM i have lots to say, but given the open forum i wont. All i will say though is once you have sufficient numbers you may as well run the main events at one venue or 2 cause invariably, most private venues cannot handle a large number of people. Jeez, are we taking it that seriously we would worry about someone coming in for one or two rounds. This is not motor racing, not a professional sport, just a bunch of elderley, overweight guys with more than one bad habit but one thing in common, slot cars. I will come to most rounds, but be happy to forfeit all points. I do it cause i like it. And as long as everyone plays fair then thats good.

see you saturday

Sorry Beastie I have to disagree with what you say -

I'm not overweight - I am however under haired these days :bday:

One thing i dont understand is why v32 events take so long to run? 4pm-12-1 am we run 5 classes and start around 7pm and finsh 10-11 pm then afterwards we stick around and just drive other cars.

cheers

David

Sorry response . . . . . .

Simple answer is race format for championship

The reason for the time difference between what V32 runs and a 'social' event where 5 classes are run is that we don't run short lap based heats. 10 laps of a 6 second track means 60 seconds racing per heat which in turn means 12 guys should get all their heats done 30 minutes for 12 minutes of racing per car per class

V32 championship has been for 3 minute heats or 36 minutes of racing per car per class add the same time required to change lanes etc you end up with an hour per class. So we get 3 times the track time taking just twice as long to run a class

As has been seen in this year proxy a 10 heat race was unfortunately deemed not to be of sufficient length to be included in the points total for the DUPR 2008 event

(Note. These are ideal figures only - we all know reality happens and someone always delays things by having a wheel fall off or forgets he is the only one called John in room full of blokes not called John by answering "is that me?" when his name is called out) :bday:

Edited by aastes

Hi Guy's,

Please note that the following only apply for the remainder of the 2008 Championship.

1.) All existing V32 Members to need to re-afirm their commitment so true participant numbers can be established.

2.) A max. of 16 Members for the V32 2008 Championship.

3.) New comers to be nominated/sponsored by an existing member with 3 other members supporting the nomination.

4.) New members must abide by the current guidelines and regulations of the V32 Club.

5.) Championship rounds are only for V32 members.

Newbies, Interstate and International friends will be catered for with a Social Race organized by V32 members but not exclusive to V32 member.

At this point in time we can offer an invitation to Dave Scrivins (Sorry if I got your surname wrong ) and Shane Lott if they would like to join the V32 Club.

We have another nomination, Ian Barrett but will need to confirm the number of existing Members first.

Thank you to the members that helped with advice and counseling. :nice:

Regards

NimROD

Ummm, gee I don't know now.

Too much bitchin' and whingin... way too many stickie beaks and 2 bobbers for my liking.

Getting all too political now, might give it a miss.

Nah, just kidding!!!

I'm still in!

(Hey, Dick's in!!!) :bday: :nice:

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Do not know where Phoenix only run 10 lap heats, As we run Teams events, Fuel Racing, Enduro's etc which can be anywhere from

10 laps to 200laps plus.

Not to mention our LeMans 8 hour enduro where we do over 1500 laps.

As to the a reply from Phoenix regarding enthusiastic response (Gar5 )

Quote )I remember trying to contact the Phoenix group theough ( r ) the website about joining/coming along, but got a less than an enthusiastic response (read none) (end Quote )

We get many emails from people weekly regarding joining and coming along and having a look etc , Plus spammmm.

Not to mention those who spell like ( wood like 2 join etc )

Our Responses are always polite, and we mainly see how interested the person really is before we just give out our house details etc

of our club tracks. ( As these are family homes in the first place )

Hope that may have cleared some Facts from Fiction.

Regards

P.s just have to remember to have fun, its not all about championships.

:nice: