Johnny

Eh Slot Car

Yeah it's MJK not released yet though I've gotten a hand full of the first ones out they are also ment to be bringing out an SLR5000 a XY GTHO Phase III and a Charger I think

Paiting time

A base coat of silver to take out the blue marks in the body that happened during manufacture

RHS View

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Ru...nt=IMGP0315.jpg

Front View

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Ru...nt=IMGP0317.jpg

LHS View

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Ru...nt=IMGP0318.jpg

Rear View

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Ru...nt=IMGP0319.jpg

Top View

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Ru...nt=IMGP0320.jpg

Next post colour am thinking a deep orange

IMGP0315.jpg

IMGP0317.jpg

IMGP0318.jpg

IMGP0319.jpg

IMGP0320.jpg

High light and copy the IMG code last of the four on the list ..... then paste onto topic ...... check with preview to see if it worked ..... then click post !

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

They look like a resin either taken from one of John Bacons 'glass versions or from what ever John used to cast from. The Drivers side grill is slightly different to the other side as it is on the two resins and one glass that I have. Just could be that John and MJK are all from Adelaide!

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Received an e-mail from Syd (MJK) saying these were available from him now, $110.

Gotta start saving now, one for me, one for the missus. Ssssshhhh, don't tell the kids!!!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Received an e-mail from Syd (MJK) saying these were available from him now, $110.

Gotta start saving now, one for me, one for the missus. Ssssshhhh, don't tell the kids!!!

I can guarantee they are made of plastic not resin ! :)

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

They look like a resin either taken from one of John Bacons 'glass versions or from what ever John used to cast from. The Drivers side grill is slightly different to the other side as it is on the two resins and one glass that I have. Just could be that John and MJK are all from Adelaide!

Phil

Reliably informed they are not a bacon clone

Yeah it's MJK not released yet though I've gotten a hand full of the first ones out they are also ment to be bringing out an SLR5000 a XY GTHO Phase III and a Charger I think

Not a SLR but a FJ Holden, A9X Torana and a HG Monaro. The Monaro and Falcon will be released later this year (hopefully)I will keep you posted if you are interested. The FJ should be released shortly

:bday:

Edited by Syd

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

Not a SLR but a FJ Holden, A9X Torana and a HG Monaro. The Monaro and Falcon will be released later this year (hopefully)I will keep you posted if you are interested. The FJ should be released shortly

:bday:

Nice to see different Aussie cars out there to buy , nice to see people prepared to make them for others to enjoy but there is another story behind this one about MJKs glorious efforts - time to set it straight. Maybe some credit will be given to the people that really spent there time and skill hand crafting models to mold.

The EH . FJ and Charger are Sunset clones , all be it cleaned up some what more from there original true to scale shapes - it is necassary for vacuum forming to fill in under cuts like bumper bars at times. The yet to be released early model Monaro is a modified version of my soft body HT Monaro vacuum mold also made and sold by Sunset Bodies - These bodies were taken and flop molded without even a thought of what my intentions or Sunsets intentions were for the products . The A9X is not on the MJK bench yet as its still in my cupboard. The GTR Torana , L34 , HQ Monaro plugs are also still on my bench . Still negotiating with the MJK crew about the cloning - it would be nice to be asked huh , I and Sunset may have given them the plugs freebies to mold from to make hard bodies if asked in the right way ! Hence the A9X L34 HT & HK Monaro HQ Monaro are not being made anymore for people to buy because I hate it when someone steals your hard work and claims it as all there own. The EH and FJ still have all the exact same minor faults as the vac for shells - bonnet bumper bar tail lights , not one extra bit of detailing work on those two.

Flop molding is like making a cake - you mix the dough and pour it over/into someone elses product let it dry , put it on a plate and present it with a smile saying "Hey look what I made".

Its a pity really because these Aussie hard bodies could have been racing around your tracks well over a years ago mounted on Aussie made durable adjustable plastic chassis.

Sounds like sour grapes maybe but it needed to be said . Best of luck to MJK , I have known them personally for years and raced against them many times , and after all that I still pay top dollar - no discount for my tyres.

Many of these photos are a few years old now

th_toranano8.jpg

th_toranano83.jpg

th_P11-03-08_16531.jpg

th_P11-03-08_1653.jpg

th_P31-01-08_1139.jpg

th_monaropluginyellow.jpg

th_croppedfrontviewred.jpg

th_P1070145.jpg

th_P1070151.jpg

th_P1070161.jpg

th_littlefjandcaravan.jpg

th_finishedmonaropluginyellow.jpg

th_IMG_0957.jpg

th_xygthomoffat32scale.jpg

Edited by BMR

Here are some more pictures of the EH finished

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Ru...current=EH1.jpg

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Ru...current=EH2.jpg

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Ru...current=EH3.jpg

I still can't figure out how to upload them :bday:

Edited by Blue

Blue -The pics worked for me ...they all look great did you mount the motor inline or anglewinder ?

I have tried the chassis with FJ and EH bodies FJ inline EH anglewinder and thought they both handled very well with the bodies mounted quite low.

locobuilder- If I ever get one I may piant it black with a skull and crossbones on the rooftop

$110.00 for a kit?

you have to be joking.

Will wait until someone else molds another body or copies this one.

Even scalextric could do one of these with a sold black window for $50.00 :bday:

I just bought a Fly kit @ 110 and I still need to tune it add tyres ect ect the MJK at least has a stainless steel chassi laser cut all you need to do is paint it

$110.00 for a kit?

you have to be joking.

Even scalextric could do one of these with a sold black window for $50.00 :lbluebounce:

I probably wouldn't seem to be the likely one to defend there price after my previous post but Scalextric have the benifit of getting cost down because they make so many cars.

With the MJK kit you do get quality components from the start - Alloy rims , inserts , drill blank axles , laser cut stainless steel chassis , axle bushes that actually fit the axle with no slop , quality gears , tyres that grip , decent decals and a near enough to unbreakable body with clear glass that fits well.

My last black windowed Scalextric car needed a new decent axle and bushes , new rims , tyres and a slot it gear just to compete with half a chance in our club and I still couldn't see the driver :purplebounce: but yep it was only $50.00 to start with plus another dose of $$$ to bring it up to speed.

MJK products are good and how many other people are out there working away at night after there real jobs making bits and pieces for us all to buy ?

See I can give praise if its due :bday:

$110.00 for a kit?

you have to be joking.

Even scalextric could do one of these with a sold black window for $50.00 :lbluebounce:

I probably wouldn't seem to be the likely one to defend there price after my previous post but Scalextric have the benifit of getting cost down because they make so many cars.

With the MJK kit you do get quality components from the start - Alloy rims , inserts , drill blank axles , laser cut stainless steel chassis , axle bushes that actually fit the axle with no slop , quality gears , tyres that grip , decent decals and a near enough to unbreakable body with clear glass that fits well.

My last black windowed Scalextric car needed a new decent axle and bushes , new rims , tyres and a slot it gear just to compete with half a chance in our club and I still couldn't see the driver :purplebounce: but yep it was only $50.00 to start with plus another dose of $$$ to bring it up to speed.

MJK products are good and how many other people are out there working away at night after there real jobs making bits and pieces for us all to buy ?

See I can give praise if its due :bday:

I second that as I have spent a long time talking to them about costings and the reasons and as mentioned its all good quality gear.

Plus we are not looking at mass produced off shore products here. It is home grown 'boutique' product

When I find that $100 note that fell down behind the couch cushion, I'll gladly mate it with the tenner I've got to grab one.

I don't have a laser cut, stainless steel chassis under any of my cars yet... but I imagine it wouldn't twist like my $50 Scaley Camaro one did.... :purplebounce: :bday:

I don't see Scaley bringing out the current V8's in time to be 'current' let alone serving the Aussie patrons with local cars of a classic era.... so what's so bad about paying this sort of cash for a model of a local car, made in Australia? (how often do you see that written on something these days? :redbounce: :lbluebounce: )

Good on the blokes who've spent their own time to put these out there for us... all of them deserve a pat on the back. :bluebounce: :bday:

Yes... credit where credit is due.

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Use the IMG code at the bottom of the list ..... right click copy ...... left click paste onto post!

IMG Code ...... http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Rusty-84/EH1.jpg

EH1.jpg

EH2.jpg

EH3.jpg

Edited by gazza

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

$110.00 for a kit?

you have to be joking.

Even scalextric could do one of these with a sold black window for $50.00 :unsure:

I've spent way more than that for kits with no effing chassis! If you want something a little unusual and aren't willing to stump up don't buy it.

I'll wait until someone pirates it??

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Gees to many Puppets! Are you getting payed by them now ?

A body for 40.00 by itself would be good for all to choose which way they would like to go!

Who wants one of those chassis anyway with a body when you are trying to

make cars even in a class that already have had there cars set up with scratch built chassis.

Remember its a Hobby

Not a million dollar enterprise!

And SUPPORT those local clubs out there with discounts

as thats where your main buyers are in the first place.

P.S Not saying the Product is not good.

The quality is Good.

Edited by falcon