Fairmont Park

KarKraft

Jimmy and his girls are looking quite relaxed at the moment. Are the girls still so relaxed come race day?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see some fresh pics KK. The eroding cuttings look good. Should there, perhaps, be some of the colour from them mixed with the sand at the edge of the track?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Love the detail you have included KK, like the walking path that follows the track!

Looks just like the real deal (just not as steep!!!)

My fave...

IMG_5721.jpg

Just wouldn't be The Elbow without the Dunlop sign... well done!

Looking very good mate.

Dick

Edited by knoath

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Dick, this photo makes me think I need to do my guardrails like yours! Mine just look plastic...

KK, you'll need to get some Scaley Sport rails... slice the posts off them and slice the rails apart.

Some 5mm square bead moulding painted silver (paint 'em when you spray the rails!) and with a pin vice drill a hole in the posts with a very fine bit.

I then add a drop of superglue in the hole and push a dress making pin (thanks Mrs Knoath!) through the rail into the post. Cut off excess pin.

Bob's your Mum's brother!

Looking seriously good mate! That shot of Reid Park is just awesome!

Where's the tree?

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

• 1 year later...

So... It's been over a year KK. Got any new photos of the track?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Ahhh... Yes. I know how easy it is to be distracted. But.... I want more track photos please.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

• 4 years later...