Fairmont Park

KarKraft

Nice scenery there KK.

Some good creative ideas too. I like some of the detail you've gone to... Is that a culvert running under the road?... and some errosion running off it... Coming along well.

Like I keep saying to GTR-XU1 (Dave, my bro)... More scenery, more pics... more, more!!! ;)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good creative ideas too. I like some of the detail you've gone to... Is that a culvert running under the road?... and some errosion running off it... Coming along well.

Thanks very much! I'm glad someone noticed it as it doesn't show up readily in the photos, especially after I stuck some 'weeds' in it, but there is a pipe in there. The watercourse will continue to cross the track further down, which helps to provide an influence on the terrain. Once again, if Brad Korando, jswms and Tileguy hadn't set such a high standard, I would never have bothered.

Like I keep saying to GTR-XU1 (Dave, my bro)... More scenery, more pics... more, more!!! ;)

Dave's latest pics are great, especially the trees, that are yet to come at Fairmont Park!

It can be applied with one of these which costs about $100 (edited - looking round the price varies wildly in Australia from $100 to $300! Maybe Dangermouse can comment on train stuff) I think and does a much better job.

Noch-grasmaster.jpg

They can also be hand made if you know what you are doing with 240v :)

Been searching around to find more info on this little gadget. Talk about expensive! But for those who are interested, and I just know you all are i found instructions on a D.I.Y version here The Grassinator!. Leaves more money to spend on cars!

Cheers

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

It wasn't his. Don't now how that got in there

Edited by Ember

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

[

Been searching around to find more info on this little gadget. Talk about expensive! But for those who are interested, and I just know you all are i found instructions on a D.I.Y version here The Grassinator!. Leaves more money to spend on cars!

Cheers

Embs

I went through these instructions. The key component is the ion generator and its size. I also checked the DSE catalogue and they don't have the 12v ion generator alone, but a 240v air ioniser for $59. Not sure whether someone else might have what is required, or whether the air ioniser might be easily disassembled.

Edited by KarKraft

I wondered if there might be an ioniser cheap on Deals Extreme that might be cheap enough to rip apart. Otherwise I'd be trying Tandy or Jaycar or even Radio Parts (sorry, they're in Melbourne or more correctly Carnegie) There might be someone similar in Sydney. But Jaycar used to be the beez kneez for such things.

I haven't started researching to find bits for it yet. I've been side tracked on rocks and things. More particularly FRocks curtesy of a link I found on this forum. The Grassinator was my next step. There might be another set of instructions for one somewhere if an ionizer can't be sourced.

Embs

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I went through these instructions. The key component is the ion generator and its size. I also checked the DSE catalogue and they don't have the 12v ion generator alone, but a 240v air ioniser for $59. Not sure whether someone else might have what is required, or whether the air ioniser might be easily disassembled.

I just had a look online and the Electronic Goldmine mentioned in the suppliers list has the ionizers on special at the moment for USD 3.95 (normally 10.95). While they'll ship to Australia they have a limited overseas order of USD 50.

This leaves us with 2 possibilities if any of us want to give this thing a try....

1) We get as many folk together that want to build one and put in an order for 13 of them or

2) Some nice person on this forum who happens to live in the USofA sources them (minimum order in US of USD 10) for us and sends them over...

Anybody interested in either option?

Embs

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

hmmm... Don't know what happened there but I don't think you need to read that twice....

Edited by Ember

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

If it can wait, I am heading to the states at the end of May. Maybe source them now and have them shipped to my parents or a friend and I will pick them up and bring them back? Just another option.

Normal price is USD 10.95, special price is USD 3.95. Was just a good timing thing. How soon do you boys think you'll need them? I notice KK is well underway and probably champing at the bit to get on with the scenery. I don't see me needing it for a month or so.

Some of the fellas with model train backgrounds/contacts might want to ask their former buddies if they're interested and we can get a bulk lot.

The pre-ordering idea sounds good to me.

Embs

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Looking like I might as well put in a minimum O/S order for them. Shouldn't have any issues moving them. I haven't even asked any of the model train enthusiasts in town here.

Keep the orders coming. Or better yet, PM me so I can keep them all sorted.

I'll work out price based on the exchange rate they give me and will add in basic postage (which is I think $5.50 to anywhere in Australia). Sound fair?

Cheers

Embs

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Embs, start a new thread!

Now we take you back to Fairmont Park!

Good move. Sorry.

Over to you KarKraft

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for these. I'm not far from starting the scenery on my Mt Panorama Rally X track.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 1 month later...
Whats been happening KK. I've been following this one with a lot of interest. It's looking great - Any progress???

Yes... and no.

I have been foam-and-plastering down through Forrest's Elbow, but I'm procrastinating on shrubs that overhang the fence outside the Dipper. I'm thinking about using something like puffball bushes or lichen.