terry

Uop Shadow Rebuild

Thats one of the few good things about retiring work early,having lots of time for my slots,no money,but lots of time.

terry

hi terry its shane its looking real good top work mate

readyforpaint.jpg

readyforpaint1.jpg

Seems close to finishing off this puppy!

Got the chassis fit done without too much drama,perfect wheelbase fit,just a little trimming and because I removed the upsides from the chassis I had to epoxy in a couple of braces to stop chassis flex,driver is a very tight fit,will have to rename the driver as "Alex Zanardi"!

Much puttying and Milliput work to rear of car as "diff" got in the way so I had to put a bulge in the back to accomodate that,also a little milliput over front axle cut outs to simulate the real car.

Time now for paint!

terry

Edited by terry

Fabulous Work Terry...

I'm just in the process of finishing the Matchbox Surtees TS16 which also uses a complete Scalextric Mclaren M23 chassis.

Did you use the driver from the M23 or source one from elsewhere?...

Very much on my project list, by the way I've just sourced a BUM slot (Barcelona Universal Models) Shadow Canam car shell, so it will be interesting to see what can be done with it....BUM cars are normally not the best.

Very much looking forward to your Brabham build. Jay Hardy in the States built one of these some time ago and it would be worth having a look at his website.

Jay's website

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

I have the Surtees Matchbox kit here,so I'll be keen to see how your build goes.

The driver comes from Electric Dreams, a scaley F1 driver,the now available M23 chassis is a god send to us lot,now we have a chassis with great detail which can be used on other builds.

The M23 chassis is a lot longer than the BT44 body,so I'll be either shortening that chassis or lengthening the body for that build,but the Brabham does show a lot of engine detail,and that will suit the scaley M23 chassis.

Be sure to show the progress pics on the Surtees!

Cheers Terry

Alan!!

I've just pulled my Surtees kit out of the cupboard and it seems to be a perfect size for that chassis,be sure to get cracking and keep us posted,now I've seen the chassis and body together I'm itching to get that one started as well.

Terry

Edited by terry

Hi Terry

The Klear has now dried so here it is :-

surtees1.jpg

As you can see the kit fits very well on the McLaren chassis.

The original idea for using this chassis came from Scott (Monquispot), where he detailed the build on SCI. All I did was copy him. The only difference between his build and mine is the rear wing. Scott used the original Scaley one, I made up a hybrid from both the Scaley and Matchbox wings. Decals are from Patto.

Makes a great running partner to the Scaley Ferrari/McLaren, Fly March and SCX Tyrell 6 wheeler :-

SurteesMcLaren.jpg

The only things left to do are repaint the driver figure in the correct colours and paint the side radiators, (which I've just noticed I've missed!), and make and add the small windshield complete with mirrors.

Regards

Alan

Edited by BEEJAY7

Finally,with all that has been going on with track build thoughts and a new Audi sports sedan on the desk,finally got the decals on the car.

shadowfinished3.jpg

shadowfinished2.jpg

shadowfinished1.jpg

really enjoyed this build as it involved bringing the old scaley body more into a realistic look,probably would have preferred a more colourful body colour,but thats the way it is.

The BT44 is next,but I'll have to get the Audi finished first.

Terry

Edited by terry

Is the car a going concern or is it now a static model? You moved the front wheels forward?? How did you fit the flag underneath??

Cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Thanks for the kind comments guys,as I said I really enjoyed this build.

undershadow.jpg

Thanks to scaley for producing the MacLarenM23!

terry

Nice effort Terry. Errrrr you now need to build a chassis for the M23 body, viscious circle you got happening there Terry.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Nice effort Terry. Errrrr you now need to build a chassis for the M23 body, viscious circle you got happening there Terry.

cheers

rick1776

It's worse - it's the now he needs to build one for everbody else thread!! ROFL!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Beautiful work Terry a great looking rebuild :D

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

HI Terry

Nice Job there

Just imagine if that thing happened to fall into a tub of casting silicone someone happened to have carelessly left lyin' around <_<

Cheers Alan