Dupr 2008 Round Two

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suprised to read that the car is "underpowered and stays in the slot". It was nearly bloody undriveable when I let it go.. but it was running better and better so I put it away before the driver had used up all his lives

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Thanks for posting the results and running the event. Can you explain how the evnet was run? Looking at the results it looks like you ran each car for 10 laps in each direction is this correct? Was the result then based on the fastest time to complete the 80 laps?

Phil

The race time is then setup on the system, aiming for 12 minutes total race time for each car. (that'd be 4 minute heats on a three lane track, three minute heats on a four lane track.....)

Proxy Format

I thought this was the format that Steve had asked for?

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Just did some quick calcs on the overall points and Sprint is now well in the lead after his easy win. I am in secons with Magoo in third. These are only my calcs,so you will have to wait for the official points calcs from Steve. It will depend on how he decides to calculate them.

Phil

Thanks for round 2 Manic. Looks like you guys had some fun. I cant wait for the comments through the week. Im interested to know how I went from 9th in the first stage to last in the second. Theres nothing like a flying Charger. Wheres your confederate flag Imugford?

Thanks

Greg

The race time is then setup on the system, aiming for 12 minutes total race time for each car. (that'd be 4 minute heats on a three lane track, three minute heats on a four lane track.....)

Proxy Format

I thought this was the format that Steve had asked for?

Phil

As you can see from the results, each round was based on the time taken to complete a set number of laps as apposed to the number of laps completed during a set time. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I ran the methodology past Steve prior to accepting the round at my track and Steve gave it the thumbs up.

Hopefully people won't get hung up on the semantics of this...

Cheers Manic

PS - Results spreadsheet has been sent to Steve for point calculations, so I'm sure we will get round points and progressive totals as soon as Steve has the time.

Thanks for running this round Manic, how long did it take?

Is Hellrazor's car the outright lap record holder?

Cheers

Paul

Hey Paul,

Yep, hellrazors slot is the only car to ever break into the 6 seconds non-mag on my track! His slot just kept getting faster and faster!!!!

The event went ALL day! lolol First guy turned up around 10AM and last left around 10PM...it made for a great day of racing. :)

The track is quite different in both directions which accounts for the variations in some slots times. There are also variations between the 2 lanes particularly with 'taily' slots. The outer lane, (mostly) has numerous outer barriers that assist really taily slots to keep it straight. The inner lane however has fewer barriers and therefore really taily slots are free to slide through the corners more freely. This accounts for the time variations with some of the slots. Hope this helps.

Here are a few more photos of the field for 2008, more to come.

april2008140do1.jpg

april2008141ao8.jpg

april2008142kt1.jpg

april2008145wd0.jpg

april2008262cc8.jpg

april2008280tf9.jpg

Cheers Manic

Edited by manic35

Yep, hellrazors slot is the only car to ever break into the 6 seconds non-mag on my track!

Cheers Manic

Awsome! A lap record holder. That feels pretty good, Manic. Thanks Manic, thanks drivers!

Congrats to the podium finishers!

Jan

P.S. Nice pics of the field and a sharp looking track!

Thanks to all those involved, Manic, Mick, Chris and James, for a great round. Congratulations also to the top three, Sprint, Manic and Mcgregor. Amazingly my car went from being as low as 26th at the start to second on the final round, must try for more consistency next year.....

Is it just me, or did the winner of the round only do aprox 4 mins in total of track time, and the slowest only aprox 6 mins?

Heats look to be only just over 1 minute for the quick guys!

That is correct. 30 laps in total.

Phil

What happened to the 12min minimum?

Shoot, by the time it gets back down to Sidecar, it'll be the first car pulled out of the box will be the winner.

I used to be indecisive ...... but now i'm not so sure