gazza

I have seen something similar to this out in western Sydney B)

These boys could apply for a pit crew job at Bathurst, and probably get hired. Remember, no computers, no CAD and no 3-D modeling back then!

About 6 soldiers pull up on a main street in Halifax, Nova Scotia on ( ? ) some holiday.

They're in a standard issue WWII type Willy’s Jeep. In the span of about 5 to 6 minutes they completely disassemble the vehicle and reassemble it and drive off in it fully operable!

The idea being to show the genius that went into the making of the jeep and its basic simplicity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=lgwF8mdQwlw&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I have seen something similar to this out in western Sydney B)

These boys could apply for a pit crew job at Bathurst, and probably get hired. Remember, no computers, no CAD and no 3-D modeling back then!

About 6 soldiers pull up on a main street in Halifax, Nova Scotia on ( ? ) some holiday.

They're in a standard issue WWII type Willy’s Jeep. In the span of about 5 to 6 minutes they completely disassemble the vehicle and reassemble it and drive off in it fully operable!

The idea being to show the genius that went into the making of the jeep and its basic simplicity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=lgwF8mdQwlw&feature=player_embedded

Shame that the series 1, II & III Land Rovers weren't that simple.

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

• 2 weeks later...

The Citroen's certainly showed their merit in the first couple of London to Sydney marathons. Would have won the first one if it wasn't for a couple of pissed cops in a Mini.

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

Photo0052.jpg

why ?

He has an off road caravan with a high draw bar Smilewithhands.gif

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Weekend project for someone

Project.jpg

Seems strange to me after growing up during this era and enjoying owning a couple that now they are now as scarce as hens teeth on the road

Picture295.jpg

Picture303.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Stu....what is it?

here are a couple of pics from a recent North Island drive.

P1060240.jpg

This fine example of a motor dealer is in Hunterville StateHighway 1.

The asking price for the Riley Elf was $1600,the Commer Cob looked in very good nick.

P1060243.jpg

This excellent Morris was parked in the main street of Mangaweka.....I have a feeling suggested by the lichen growing on the car that parking was all it could do..

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Nice Stu....what is it?

Buggered if I know LOL it was going faster than me LOL and as I spotted it in the mirror, I just barely had time to grab the camera and snap it :D

Stu

Never wrestle with a pig...........you both get dirty........and the pig loves it.

Hard luck story....same guy different car.

You import a 57 Chev two door, fully restored. You drive it 70km and the engine vibrates in a funny way = engine out and a rebuild of the 283ci V8.

Then you get an XK120 similar condition and shortly after taking ownership you notice a couple of major oil leaks = engine out to replace the main bearing seals.

Some guys have all the luck

You might remember me mentioning the Chev before(dunno where I posted the pics)

On a recent visit to my regular machanic(not auto technician)...I caught this story.

Mechanics comments were that the car drove really nicely but it was an act getting in and out of the vehicle.

He also found the steering column position unnerving ie a great shaft of steel centered on his chest..!!

DSCF1016.jpg

DSCF1017.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg

DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF1020.jpg

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

• Vinno unpinned this topic