Scx Speedo

ltrack

i have around 63 meters of scx track

the track uses a seperate variable voltage power supply and slot it hand controls ,the track has soldered leads every 6 track pieces running back to junction boxes and then onto custom made control boxes (around 200 meters of wiring) it works well no power drop

i would like to adapt the scx speedometer, it has a system where by you allocate a value for different track lengths x by the number of each different type of track (different values for kph or mph)

if i fit the scx terminal track/power base and sensor track piece which comes with the speedo and use an scx power transformer only for the speedo will it work?? or how would i wire the speedo in

i like the scx speedo as it gives the average speed per lap/trackof each car and the fastest speed reached of each car, it also gives the distance covered

perhaps their is another alternative /speedo available ??

i intend to install a seperate computer controled lap timer/race system later such as the startline raceway system as sold by armchair racer , any comments on that system would also be appreciated