dangermouse

Ebay Such An Entertaining Shopping Experience

1 hour ago, Sports Racer said:

Try buying a Spirit BMW 635 off ebay.

I’ve got two, might have to part with one. 

2 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

Try buying a Spirit BMW 635 off ebay.

Your best bet would be to join SlotAdictos, the biggest slot forum in Spain. Wait long enough and a bargain will pop up.

takes a bit of google translation work but well worth it.

16 hours ago, Oldskool62 said:

Going off some of the crazy prices on eBay I wonder how much my Allan Moffat mustang is worth now :)

I will give you $65.00. 

Had to laugh, got a notice from the evil bay to let me know that I could rebid on the 42 Cuda (didn't bid in the first place) price is only $352 something +$29 postage, I just sent a page full of smiley faces back.

• Upvote 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I know a guy whom I worked with at Komatsu who has got a couple Scalextric Alan Jones Komatsu Falcons. They was released by the company to the employees at the time; unfortunately for me about 6 months before I started. 

I was talking to him about 3 weeks ago and told him that I recently retired. We got on to the conversation of slot cars as he has got some pretty desirable sets from the 60's and 70's. He told me he still had a couple of the Alan Jones cars still unboxed. I'm thinking of asking if he wants to sell one but not sure about the dollars to offer him?

Edited by Oldskool62

The last one went for around $530 a few weeks/months back.

Quite a few of the V8's have been going for silly prices over the last year or 2.

Never seen or heard of the Komatsu Falcons Warren, sure they were Scalextric or were they 1:32 models?

Having a quick look around the Alan Jones Komatsu Falcon appears to be an EL which Scalextric did not make.

I think the closest Scalextric came to this model Falcon was the Dick Johnson Shell FAI and Phil Ward Nokia livery's on a Mondeo.

"You must always strive to be the best but you must never believe that you are."  Juan Manuel Fangio

F-14 pilot: My plane has a gun. (Edit: any pilot)
A-10 pilot: My gun has a plane!

15 hours ago, mtpanorama said:

Having a quick look around the Alan Jones Komatsu Falcon appears to be an EL which Scalextric did not make.

I think the closest Scalextric came to this model Falcon was the Dick Johnson Shell FAI and Phil Ward Nokia livery's on a Mondeo.

@mtpanoramaIt was an EL. Until I see the shot quite possibly and more than likely could have been a Mondeo.

Always love a bargain, get in quick

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313307088315?hash=item48f28ec5bb:g:EagAAOSw2V5ftlxN

And only $81.58 postage  

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hi Gazza,

Amazing how some sellers seem to go out of their way to find the most expensive postage options.

While 'peterspares' offers express postage for $81.58 other sellers with links on the same page have postage at around $9 to $10  and estimate that the delivery time will only be a week longer. Of course if you were really that desperate for an S-Can motor you would probably just go and buy a complete car from a local seller or hobby shop.

I would also advise buyers intending to to buy from GB that they make sure of the 'combined postage' rules before purchasing multiple items. A few years ago I got badly 'burned' when buying some repro Scalextric items.

Only after I committed to purchase did I learn that each tiny item had postage calculated separately. A parcel that weighed 'nothing' and was roughly the size of three (3) matchboxes laid end to end cost me more than $50.

Den