dangermouse

Ebay Such An Entertaining Shopping Experience

good to see i'm still the highest bidder :lol:

How did you go Gazza.... :D ,........................... $2500au for the C96 Auto Union.

Thats the highest price I've seen one go for. Someone's getting a great Chrissy present.

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Check out this seller - $700 for a silver Pioneer and more.....

http://www.ebay.com....=item232328abc8

Here's one for you Miveson,..................

Super Rare-Silver Poineer Mustang $85.68

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251191774174?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Standard Green Poineer Mustang $87.07

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIONEER-SLOT-CAR-BULLITT-FORD-MUSTANG-STEVE-MCQUEEN-GT-390-SCALEXTRIC-DPR-NEW-/251187356132

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Don't you hate eBay newbies...

So I am bidding on something for my dad. Dad says he will pay X for it and I place that bid and tada - I am the highest bidder.

So the boofhead I outbid comes back - clearly he doesn't know how this whole thing works and he bids $5 more than the highest bid and finds he is outbid - that is ok - but then he keeps doing it again, and again and again...... 6 times - and guess what he still isn't the highest bidder.

I so want to be able to message him and say - hey mate if you were prepared to pay XX for the thing then you make 1 bid at XX and if you are the highest then you are in the lead good luck if not you have to decide if you want to pay more for it or not....

when I looked back so far he has placed 14 bids on the item 7 to get to be the highest bidder and 7 to try and get it back - I have placed 1 whether I win it or not I have put in the price I am prepared to pay and if someone thinks it is worth more then it is theirs.

mind you if he does end up outbidding me I feel like making lots of little bids to push the price up on him - just for the heck of it

some people just don't get how it works :)

DM

Edited by dangermouse

I'm with you on that one DM...

Sometimes I wonder if it's the seller as a second account...

nah!

only because he came back after being out bid I don't think sellers would be silly enough to do that - maybe they might post a single shill bid but not 14 :)

he has a low feedback score so probably just a newb

Yep, Phillipe is the consultant, and Scott Bader is the buyer and owner of LASCM.

The high price was due to the box. The price would probably have been still up around that money, even if there were no cars included.

Steve K.

Well I was having a look around tonight and found a couple of the older Scaley F1 cars for sale - chap wanted $30 for them which was ok they were boxed and all....but then he wanted $30 postage from Melbourne?? not that I was going to buy them anyway but What the???

DM

this always perplexes me with ebay.....

here is a moffat falcon http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Allan-Moffat-scalextric-car-Bathurst-1976-Hard-Top-/230954190229?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Slot_Cars&hash=item35c5f14595

yet you can still buy them for as little as $43 overseas....

are people really that silly to buy it :huh: :huh: :huh::wacko:

You just gotta love some people - how does a person with a rating score over 1000 not know how bidding works on eBay

I am bidding on this car this person is bidding in small increments trying to get over the top of my bid... makes you laugh - he eventually found my mark - I just wanted to scream - "if you wanted to pay that much you should have bid that with your first bid you idiot!"

So out of annoyance I decide to see if I could outbid him back as I had worked out his pattern - I did..... ball is back in his court and he will now have to pay more if he wants the car

DM

Edited by dangermouse

But doesn't that mean if he doesn't re-bid you are paying more than you originally intended for the car?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

this always perplexes me with ebay.....

here is a moffat falcon http://www.ebay.com....=item35c5f14595

yet you can still buy them for as little as $43 overseas....

are people really that silly to buy it :huh: :huh: :huh::wacko:

Yeah you are right, but some people don't like to buy from o/seas as its hard to fix when something goes horribly wrong. Not that a anything ever does :-)

www.sydneyslotcars.com

yeah only by $2 - but still less than the car retails for :)

Let us know which one it is, so we can join in :D

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Well he might have just bought it himself as I found I could buy the car as well for less money than it would have cost to outbid him.

See as the topic says eBay is an entertaining experience - you can play the bidding game....

cheers

DM

Wouldn't be the first time I've bid on something just so I could see how high I could push a price. Back out though before it gets silly.

www.sigmamansmodels.com

Wow not my auction but a nice illustration of what got up my nose....

I mean if Mr l***is.gif( 206iconTealStar_25x25.gif) really was prepared to pay $182 for the car then why the heck didn't he bid that in the first place?

DM

Edited by dangermouse