Ebay Such An Entertaining Shopping Experience

dangermouse

what the? that can't be right that means he was outbid at $41.50 so he bid $2225 and 'bidder 2' had bid $2200 - why would anyone do that?

I haven't sold anything - there is know way the seller can tell how much you have bid is there?

DM

Yes it was me - no I didn't pay cos it was a melt down/glitch of some sort within the system - I set a max the same for the other controller, grabbed a cuppa and sat down when bang it came back with some silly price - Needless to say I s#!t myself cos I know I had bid the same highest amount as with the other controller.

It was all sorted out very quickly and very proffessionally.(within 20 minutes actually)

I always set a max to what its worth to me - then walk away - if I dont get it no big deal - another one will come along.

Then all the blood that had drained from my head slowly rose back up again. It was all I needed this week - been a s#!t week all round

SWMBO thought it very amusing till I pointed to the bottle of perferme she had bought telling me it was a great price at the time - trouble is it was a miniture - so miniture you need tweezers to get the top off. "Looked big in the pictures" was her response. I pointed out that the tiny bottle was in fact photographed on a print of bench top tiles not actually photographed ON a real bench top.

I am, as we should all be, very selective as to whom and what I buy and to date have always received the very best service. I can get eletrical components far cheaper and far quicker than I can if sourced locally. To air freight goods from Sydney to Melbourne costs $13.00. To Air freight from Bulgaria costs $7.00 ( no matter how big the package - dunno how they do that) and from Hong Kong either $10.00 or free (dunno how they do that either)

Edited by aastes

• 6 months later...

I read on another forum that the majority of cars on eBay are BIN - I can understand why - is because people don't know how to use the auction system....I had an annoying person keep placing bids (5 or 6) until they outbid me...der if you were prepared to pay that much that is how much you bid the first time..whinge over I really don't like it when I get sniped and I don't like people who go fishing by bidding lots of little amounts until the finally get to the lead...(I like sniping them though if I really want the car) my favourite fishing story is the car I won by 10 cents.... :lol: think that guy learnt to fish with non whole $ amounts after that...

any way whinge over - I was chasing a cheapie for spare parts just have to try again next time...

cheers

DM

Sniping is the way to go. You win some and you lose some. The thing that really gets up my nose is losing to 5 cents when sniping :( , And the fact that I have to wait for the missus to be out so I can jump on her lap top, as old "Clevo's" computer is a Pentium 3. Takes me about a minute to get a bid through. I should be buying a computer on ebay not cars.

I bidded on an item a few months back which had a BIN price of $50 or starting at .99cents. I put five bucks on it as I thought the price was a bit high, well bugga me it sold for more than the original BIN. Im guessing the seller couldnt get the smile off he's face.

Clevo

Edited by Cleveland

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

:lol:

won a car this morning - bid 12 pence more than what I was snapped for last time - still had a fishing bidder but he stopped bidding when it got to 8 pound so success I have all the spare parts I need.....oh and the one I won didn't have a missing rear spoiler - bonus!

cheers

DM

• 1 month later...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Scalextric-Ford-GT-...A1%7C240%3A1318

I just don't get it - I love slot cars - there are some cars I wish I had in my collection (anyone got a #8 or #11 GT40 :clap:) however why would you pay over $280 (edit:make that 325 pounds) for 1 car - when you could buy at least 4 other cars and have 4 times the fun :lol: (6 or 7 if you shop well) wow try a heap of really good slot.it NSR cars for that money...

plus while I like the Ford GT that one isn't really that special looking

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

Not so long ago I bought a Scaley starter set as I wanted the cars. After taking them out, I put the track etc on e-bay and the winning bidder paid me more than what the entire set cost me in the first place. A cheap way to buy cars, but it can go either way :D

• 3 months later...

Good old eBay

I enjoy watching auctions - just to see what cars a selling for - saw a beauty tonight on a car I had recently purchased from an online seller brand new in box - I paid $48 shipped - the car on eBay looked well used had obvious parts missing (and was advertised as such) - it sold for $47 shipped...

go figure...

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

I love watching Scaley digital track bits which retail around the $45 mark go for $75+. What the .... ? Those selling them must be extremely happy.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 2 weeks later...

now see if I had really wanted one of them when I was a kid and couldn't afford to buy one - and if I had just won the OzLotto Jackpot - then and only then would I pay that much for something that looks like that....I mean even if you spent hours lovingly restoring it you know it is going to be ordinary compared to the 10 slot.it cars or the scalextric 4 car digital set you could have bought instead

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

• 3 weeks later...
How about this for a price? Am I naive and do not know what these are worth?

WOW!

I was expecting it to go much higher. I have seen these go for over $3500 when cars are complete and in VGC. The 007 set is a very desirable item for collector's.

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge