Ebay Such An Entertaining Shopping Experience

dangermouse

Gee the person who paid over $150 for a Bob Jane Camaro on eBay should have stopped by one of our site sponsors first - they have it listed for $99 B)

gotta love eBay

the bargains are out there...........

but do your research :P

He has sold out of them so ebay is a last resort now.

did they just sell the last one - or do I need glasses

I am sure when I looked earlier today it didn't have sold out on it B)

oh well eBay it is then :P

cheers

DM

Maybe your browser hadn't updated. Sometimes the shops will change something a week ago and your browser doesn't update for a week so you don't see it for that long.

• 3 weeks later...

Did I also read that ebay were going to stop payment for 21 days to make sure the items were delivered on time? ie paypal were going to hold the money for 21 days.... now THIS really sucks.... I think it's time to look elsewhere too. Just another way to scam us, there will be some money made on the short term money market there!

I no longer use Ebay, I hate it with a passion, sucko Ebay, you lose my business.

When I first heard about Ebay and found out how it works, I couldnt believe how vunerable the system is, I knew it would be a haven for thieves, and it is. Nothing has changed.

Very seldom do Ebay take action against theives.

The thieves have outsmarted Ebay. Its a joke. Rather buy direct from dealers who have a reputation to look after.

Even Jadlams on Ebay charge 17.5%VAT, which is illegal according to UK Tax Office.

I think 50% down, 50% on arrival would make it fairer for the buyer, and if you got ripped off, it would be only 50% of the price not 100%.

Edited by aussieslotter

Smoke, mirrors and obsolescence. It’s a jungle out there.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Did I also read that ebay were going to stop payment for 21 days to make sure the items were delivered on time?

prob more so - to check they did arrive at all!

i don't have a problem with that one (as a buyer).

Fine, as a buyer, but if you sell ten slot cars, then you have to dig into your own pocket to post them, that's a minimum of $100, more guaranteed. The reason I sell my cars is because I need the money, that's a big investment on top of four or five hundred dollars worth of cars, especially when you don't have it.

• 3 weeks later...
They will need to introduce rules for Ebay shops to stop them charging extra for paypal now its compulsory!

I can see sellers adding an extra couple of bucks to "handling fees" just to make up for pay pal, which would be accepted. No matter what rules are made there will always be a way a round it. I for one will not be slugging extra in postage or additional handling fees, just taking that one square on the chin.Well Until an alternate site comes along.

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

• 4 weeks later...

Now dont laugh, but i once neally stuffed up big time placing a maxium bid just seconds before it ending. I forgot to put the decimal point in on a 150.00 pound item max bid.When I realised ,that I had just placed 15000 pounds on a maxium bid, my heart almost stopped and it took some courage to check the final sale price.Lucky I was the only morron bidding and i won it for 110.00 pounds.

Edited by Cleveland

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge