Ebay Such An Entertaining Shopping Experience

dangermouse

Hi guys,

I was actually going to post that link also. Well I must admit I was also very surprised seeing the final bid on that Aston Martin. Had a guy in the USA & UK bidding for that one. UK won if your interested. The US bidder bought the other Astons. I can assure you that there wasn't any "shell bidding".

If they sell they sell, if not I put them back in storage. Had a few cars go for nicks also, but That Aston certainly has become very collectable. Luckly I have more..........

ScalextricC3014-3.jpg

Clevo

(slotcar57)

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Nice one Clevo...

I just want the interiors and glass to fit to my 2 kit Astons... lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's listed as new. Must be the special pigeon toed version.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Then there is this one

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rare-PCS-32-Adjustable-Chassis-for-Scalextric-SCX-Ninco-Carrera-1-32-SlotCar-NEW-/221272804800?pt=Slot_Cars&hash=item3384e30dc0&_uhb=1

rare PCS chassis - so rare that Pendle sells them for $10 - now he does include a guide and some axles which would cost what another $5 - $10

:lol: I think that bloke has made a few attempts to sell that one. Either that or he's sold several. Add in the $40 worth of P&H and how can anyone afford to kitbash at this rate?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

See I don't get this - why would you spend 500 euro on one ordinary looking though LTD Ed car instead of 12 great looking cars???

Got me flummoxed

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1ncn-Ninco-AC-COBRA-SERIE-LIMITADA-FERIA-DE-CORNELLA-Muy-Raro-slot-1-32-/151100683130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item232e4d737a&_uhb=1

(chuckle) I like the Redheads Matches. It's a free listing weekend, isn't it?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

• 5 months later...

So the entertainment keeps coming

Q If you are prepared to pay $50 for a car - how much do you bid on it?

A - you would think $50 however you would be wrong - the correct answer is $22

Then when you get out bid you can come back and bid $50 on the car - some people don't get eBay

Now the question is do I bid $53 and see what his ceiling is :)

Funniest part is some sniper will probably come in at last second and smash the auction anyway

A - you would think $50 however you would be wrong - the correct answer is $22

Maybe... Depends what the starting amount is.

I usually bid the starting amount, then come back with my max bid at the end, if it hasn't been exceeded already.

Now the question is do I bid $53 and see what his ceiling is

Only if you want it. You might be lucky and be the only bidder, but there may be others that will take it up to your amount, then if you win it, you've paid $3 more than you were prepared to pay.

:huh:

Steve K.

Now the question is do I bid $53 and see what his ceiling is :)

My old boss did that when one of the girls in the office was selling a rocking horse, thought he might be able to bump it up a bit (she didn't know about it so there was nothing dodgy organised). His niece got a good Christmas that year :D .

Sounds like you could be bidding against someone who plays the game similar to my wife.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

If an item has a current bid of $22 and you place a bid of $50 then your actual bid should be $22.50, unless someone else has already placed a higher bid in which case it will jump to the next highest bid. For example if the person who was at $22 before your bid has bid $40 then it should jump to your bid at $40.50, or if they've bid $60 then it should jump to their bid at $50.50.

I'm not sure if there are different minimum bids on some items.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

That is what happened - I bid $50 and was highest bidder at $22.50 - same person I outbid then came back and bid more than $50 so he is now highest bidder at $51 - just funny that if he was prepared to pay more than $50 why he didn't bid that in the first place - he would still be the highest bidder but I just guess I just don't get it that people don't get this....

I just find it amusing and somewhat annoying that people go oh I will bid $20 then when the are outbid - they bid $30 and then $40 etc...

I usually put a bid in at what I am prepared to pay - if I am outbid I usually leave it - sometimes I might come back and bid a bit more maybe an extra 5 or 10 cause you know sometimes your head says don't pay more than $50 and your heart says you really wan that car bid $60 on it : ) - but going from $20 to $50 is a bit different

DM