Ebay Such An Entertaining Shopping Experience

dangermouse

I'd suggest that's the reason for the price tag. It sold privately while listed, but as no bids had been made he was able to make changes to the listing. This way the listing runs its time and costs nothing as it's not sold through ebay. At least that's my undertanding of how such things work.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

And its sold....Im betting he has gone into retirement!

Maybe if he got a high figure, but I don't think so.

It was a slot car track in a music store that took up a lot of space, and didn't quite work out the way Mat had hoped.

Just reclaiming the store space back, me thinks.

Steve K.

This is only partially on-topic but I don't want to keep making new posts, being the new kid'n all:

There's a terrific availability of classic scalextric and sxc track on ebay, cheaper than the sport track. I know you can connect the olds stuff to sport and in fact I have a few pieces of connector track... but I was wondering about the general quality of classic track. I understand it has a more shallow slot, and is also a bit more flexible/rubbery, but is that about it? Does it conduct as well and will a track that has some sport here, some classic there, lose much in the way of conductivity or any other aspects of performance? I keep an eye out for sport track but it recently occured to me that I overlook some large quantities of classic stuff that comes comparitively cheap. I understand the classic track comes in the same radius options (1-4) as sport, can anyone confirm this? I guess as someone who wants a few options for a 4-lane layout it would be handy to get some track cheaply as I don't have the ability to rout a track and wouldn't want to as I like making different circuits and have space demands at home meaning the set needs to be packed away occasionally under threat of divorce.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a beauty,

I just came arcross this. Im not sure if the "Very Rare" is refering to the car or the postage stamp's used to send the item.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Scalextric-SCX-AUDI-R8-Pro-Mint-boxed-and-very-rare-/250978146671?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Scalextrics_Slot_Cars_ET&hash=item3a6f76996f

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

If that's standard flat rate I'd hate to see special service priced.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

i just got through a dilema with a uk seller of dvd's,,,,,,starts out wth me purchasing/paying on 02.11.11,,,,expecting for daughters Xmas pressie,,,first postage does not come through, no reason or proof, just lost.....after comunications,,Seller sends (on their advice) a second lot "must" be sent before they can issue a refund.... So I'm waiting for second lot to arrive,,but then find,," I'm to "aprove" of this to comence",,Arrhh... So now, again. I've waited the advertised shipping time of 15 days and email them to say I want my refund now,,,But the bigger kick in the pants was,,,,when I jump on to Pay pal to register a complaint of non arrival of goods, the message cutting me off was,,45 days have passed and I should contact seller...??????? As if I hadn't already!!

Any way the pakage arrived today,,,yeayyy.. gave it to my daughter,, Merry Christmass for 2011 baby...

and jump straight onto the feedback page...

accuracy of item description.................5 stars

comunication with seller........................4 stars

postage.................................................2 stars ( neither good or bad) No i was not impressed with the postage, was not even registered on 2nd attempt,,

& we are talking $156.00 purchase

And their reply,,,,,

Thank you for letting us know.

You have left us the worst possible feedback even when we resent your item.

We do not control the shipping and most customers seem to understand this.

Please do not ask us to resend items if you know you are going to leave the worst feedback possible.

This is one reason we are no longer helping people with missing sets.

We go through the trouble of putting in insurance claims and sending you 2 sets, then you turn around and blame us for the shipping.

Sorry we could not control Australia post for you.

As you can see the set is shipped from one of the biggest retailers in the world, not even they can control the shipping. END.

OOHHH BOOO HOOO,,, if its all good to receive " exelent " Feed back for the working's of some other major company,,,then surely they should expect the so called "WORST EVER" feed back when someone is not happy.

Edited by neil

• 4 months later...

So I am looking at JGTC cars on eBay and I see this chap has some of the Scalextric JGTC Quattrox cars (the ones with the pit babes) for sale for 350 pounds -

wow - I have the 6 of them mint in box - maybe I should put them up on eBay could use a spare $3000 - funnily enough I had a spare Red Supra that I had on here and other forum for $120 that no one wanted ...thought it might have been me...gone now ended up trading it for some Plafit 1/32 cars - maybe I should have kept it and sold it for a pretty packet instead.

cheers

David

David,

The Takata Quattrox did sell for 350 pounds but it was rather unique auction in that a couple of bidders went nuts. They've been consistently going for around 150 quid. The remainder of the Quattrox have been going for around 100 pounds of late.

Mark

thats amazing....i should have grabbed those two quattrox i saw for $100au each last week..damn

Yeah I was happy with what I got for the 3 spares I had - traded cars for all 3 of them.

I dream of having an eBay auction where two bidders fight each other for the spoils - I watched a #6 Gulf Scaley GT40 go for $260 or so a few years back - it was better than the theatre :)

cheers

David

.... Now that Mick has purged his collection I suspect that they'll get harder to find.

You may have noticed there are currently questions being raised as to Mick's authenticity and reliability. Of course, assuming that is the same Mick...

Edited by Ember

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

.... Now that Mick has purged his collection I suspect that they'll get harder to find.

You may have noticed there are currently questions being raised as to Mick's authenticity and reliability. Of course, assuming that is the same Mick...

i was raising certain questions the moment he arrived here ;)

Noted Mobbz. Not sure he ever gave a particularly comforting impression. But, one tries to give folks the benefit of the doubt.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well here is a bit of a turn up for the books

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=280911442015&nma=true&rt=nc&si=8dIC8i8et5AEmdM%252FuDeX7zWSD3U%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1107

Craig Lownes Betta 888 - $36 + $15 postage

oh well no chance I will sell mine now :)

David

• 1 month later...

Maybe running the regular magnet and two extras he's baked a few motors.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg