Scx Uk Copyright

manic35

I was surfing the web tonight and checking out slot manufactures websites for up coming releases.

I was over at SCX UK's website and went to the "Latest News" page. Here I found that SCX will soon be releasing a Red Bull Ferrari 360 livery. http://www.scxuk.com/

I was looking that the car and there was something familiar about it...it's my re liveried car!!!

The car is a Ninco 360 red kit sprayed Tamiya 'Racing Blue' with DMC 1/32 decals applied. You can find my re liveried images on Auslot here: http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...amp;hl=red+bull published on Auslot on July 27, 2007. The photo SCX UK has used is the 3rd one down. You can see the 'Ninco' branded on the rear wheel and one of the corners I cut with the respray, the original red kit colour under the front head lights...they should be silver/gold in colour.

-------------------

This really gets my goat as these manufactures really make me jump through hoops so I can use their images on my website to promote THEIR products! Then one of the big manufactures turns around and breaches copyright by using images from a slot forum.

I've contacted SCX UK asking them to explain, I wonder if I'll get a reply.

What would you guys do?

Cheers Manic

That is a bit rich....at the least you should demand a free car for yourself and the first 3 people that post a reply here... :huh2:

Positives - you did a really good job, someone from SCX UK reads your blog or Auslot,

Negative - they should have asked

Interesting - are there no other pics of that car on the web.

it is a nice looking car I was impressed with the job you had done - I might put one on my wish list (if the first option doesn't come through)

hey on another matter the Red Bull DBR9 looks good as well - can see one of those racing around the track with the Scalextric Gulf DBR9

Edited by penfold

Funny thing is that they titled the pic on their site " new_resprays015fd3 " which is remarkably similar to Manic's " img402.imageshack.us/img402/5922/resprays015fd3.jpg " ....................someone at SCX must have thought real hard to come up with that :lol:

:rolleyes:

I was surfing the web tonight and checking out slot manufactures websites for up coming releases.

I was over at SCX UK's website and went to the "Latest News" page. Here I found that SCX will soon be releasing a Red Bull Ferrari 360 livery. http://www.scxuk.com/

I was looking that the car and there was something familiar about it...it's my re liveried car!!!

The car is a Ninco 360 red kit sprayed Tamiya 'Racing Blue' with DMC 1/32 decals applied. You can find my re liveried images on Auslot here: http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...amp;hl=red+bull published on Auslot on July 27, 2007. The photo SCX UK has used is the 3rd one down. You can see the 'Ninco' branded on the rear wheel and one of the corners I cut with the respray, the original red kit colour under the front head lights...they should be silver/gold in colour.

-------------------

This really gets my goat as these manufactures really make me jump through hoops so I can use their images on my website to promote THEIR products! Then one of the big manufactures turns around and breaches copyright by using images from a slot forum.

I've contacted SCX UK asking them to explain, I wonder if I'll get a reply.

What would you guys do?

Cheers Manic

VAAARY CHEEKY! B@$TIDZ! :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Sickem Rex go for the jugular , Im sure they would not think twice to hassle someone about copyrights if they thought you had infringed on there rights ( remember that old movie The Castle ) , where the little guy gets hassled by big business , Stick em with some jousting sticks and tellem there dreamin :rolleyes:

I just had to spend two hours at the bank explaining to them that they were going to hand over my replacement credit card as I had to go shoppng immediately.

It was funny - I made them get the manager and wouldn't go to her office preferring to shout at them with all the other customers around..

We're moving banks.

Bugger the big corporation - go for the jugular Manic - demand free cars for life!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hi guys, thanks you all for the great support. I received this responce today while I was at work.

-----------------------

Hi Matt

I am very sorry for using your image,it was a genuine mistake .

I had googled "red bull" and your image came up and I asked a member of my staff to find the real car that looks like this !without me knowing he put it on our website over the weekend thinking he was doing me a favour.

I have been out of the office all day and just turned my lap top to see a flood of e-mails about this image I have removed it from the website and can only say how sorry I am .

We don't make a habbit of stealing other peoples images and if we did use images would always ask first.

I just hope our car looks as good as yours when it does come out.

I am sorry again for this mix up and will get my knuckles wrapped from SCX I'm sure,if there is anything I can do to make up for the mistake please let me know and I will gladly do.

Regards Steve Wright

AEC

-----------------------------------------------

What do you think I should do? Steve seems genuine about the mistake.

Cheers Manic

Edited by manic35

if there is anything I can do to make up for the mistake please let me know and I will gladly do.

Regards Steve Wright

AEC

Sounds genuine so test it. Suggest that all will be forgiven if SCX make a batch of "Aussie only" cars just for you and a few select others, say all Auslot members :D

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

If you request compensation it may one day work against you. Better to build some sort of relationship with them now you have their ear as it may work to your advantage with your blog. Friends come from all sorts of weird ways.

What would you guys do?

Cheers Manic

Id just look at it as a compliment, obviously your livery rocks! Yer but they could of at least had the courtesy to ask. Plus what Vinno said.

Edited by aussieslotter

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

On a different note, the real Red Bull Ferrari has Australian history.

The car was run in the previous seasons Nations Cup series and ran in the 2nd Bathurst 24 Hour driven by David Brabaham and a couple of Austrians I beleive.

The car raced in Red Bull colours at the following years Daytona 24 hour where i think it won its class? I beleive it was also run at Daytona by Paul Cruickshank Racing, now of V8 "super"cars.

Be nice compliment them on thinking that your car was worthy enough to be posted on their website and say how proud you would be to have the first official one off the production line. It would be real good PR etc. Can they really say no to your request? The bad PR would hurt them.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776