PhilR

Scopius Test Track Ready

Well the track is ready for the scorpius test night!

All are welcome to come and it is free..

We need drivers!

This is your chance to try out the future of digital for yourself..You can even bring beer!!

Contact me on 0419609728

Phil

When and where are you doing it guys? That's looking like it's going to be brilliant (or a debacle).. I can't imagine that many cars on 2 lanes..

..make sure you post the videos (both good bits and the fist fights) it's gonna be memorable.. :)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

lookimg forward to catching up with phil and Rick on saturday should/could be a glimpse into the future of digital slot racing.

Phil I will bring a simple-H modded SSD powerbase andif we get time we can test it out on your SSD track

sax

That looks great guys, with all the cars going around, should be fun, but it didn't look to me like there was enough lane changes on the track. How many are there, I thought it would be hard enough to get from the back of the grid to the front but with only a limited number of passing spots?? Or is it just my lack of digital racing experience showing up now?

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

Are all the little flashing leds in the track the spots the lane changers are?

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Plenty of opportunities to pass... 9 single lane changers and 4 double crossover lane changers.

Yes, the flashing led's are indicating the lane changers,green for XLC and red for SLC.

The only problem with 16 cars on a 2 lane track will be the lack of experienced drivers..Most of my regular customers are pretty good now..The racing is tight and they don't crash into each other much at all..

It usually takes people a while to get used to using and making best use of the lane changing ability..Inexperienced drivers usually drive around up the arse of a slower running car until there's a crash. They drive straight past one lane changing opportunity after another and another..

You need to have good presence of mind and self composure to be sucessful at digital racing.

It requires skills you just don't acquire from running around and around all the time in your very own personal lane..

Having said that...My best club racer..the one that does most of the winning around here,is Nick Petrenko,who used to live in Melbourne and was right into the analogue club scene there..

Nick has taken to digital like a duck to water..He manages to run a consistently very fast pace and never crashes..He has mastered the use of tactical lane changing. These skills have combined to make him almost unbeatable!!

It's on this Sat night at 8pm..

Phil Rourke

0419 609728

When and where are you doing it guys? That's looking like it's going to be brilliant (or a debacle).. I can't imagine that many cars on 2 lanes..

..make sure you post the videos (both good bits and the fist fights) it's gonna be memorable.. :angry2:

lookimg forward to catching up with phil and Rick on saturday should/could be a glimpse into the future of digital slot racing.

Phil I will bring a simple-H modded SSD powerbase andif we get time we can test it out on your SSD track

sax

Yer will be good to catch up Matt, bring a few SSD cars too.

Are all the little flashing leds in the track the spots the lane changers are?

Great idea hey.

We doing something like this in Sydney ?

Finley a wee little too far from Sydney ... a good 7 hr :mallet:

And i'll bring the beers :P

You bet. I should have my routed track up and running by August.

Plenty of opportunities to pass... 9 single lane changers and 4 double crossover lane changers.

Yes, the flashing led's are indicating the lane changers,green for XLC and red for SLC.

The only problem with 16 cars on a 2 lane track will be the lack of experienced drivers..Most of my regular customers are pretty good now..The racing is tight and they don't crash into each other much at all..

It usually takes people a while to get used to using and making best use of the lane changing ability..Inexperienced drivers usually drive around up the arse of a slower running car until there's a crash. They drive straight past one lane changing opportunity after another and another..

You need to have good presence of mind and self composure to be sucessful at digital racing.

It requires skills you just don't acquire from running around and around all the time in your very own personal lane..

Having said that...My best club racer..the one that does most of the winning around here,is Nick Petrenko,who used to live in Melbourne and was right into the analogue club scene there..

Nick has taken to digital like a duck to water..He manages to run a consistently very fast pace and never crashes..He has mastered the use of tactical lane changing. These skills have combined to make him almost unbeatable!!

It's on this Sat night at 8pm..

Phil Rourke

0419 609728

Lets hope the plane dont crash or they lose my baggage :minigun:

Sounds like Nick enjoys his digital, will be good to meet him!

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Gonna be great to catch up with Rick and Matt again..

Charles from Canberra was here all day yesterday,we raced all afternoon..another mate came in and the 3 of us had a ball..Charles and me ended up racing using the Ninco pitstop mode until 2.30am!!

Bought a carton of stubbies yesterday afternoon..not many left in the shop fridge now..Time to re stock!!

Did I mention I love racing digital slot cars and drinking beer? :lol:

It's only 3 hrs from Melbourne guys and there's plenty of cheap accomodation here..Why don't a few of you pile in one car and come up for a bit of fun..

It's a great chance to try out digital on big tracks,with great power etc..Not to mention the awesome new Scorpius system!!

Don't be a bunch of pikers!!

Phil

Come on, you've had 2 days to say something, SPEAK! :huh2:

Stu

Old racers race harder

You digital guy's make me laugh ............ you winged and bitched a couple of threads ago that there was a lack of interest in Australia .......... now you have a perfect opportunity to keep or increase the interest, and you choose to post over seas first and ignore the locals

Just because we don't post in this section doesn't mean we don't read it and take an interest in the whole idea

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

So given it was advertised here?? I'm with Gazza - no wonder it's not taken seriously. :huh2:

You digital guy's make me laugh ............ you winged and bitched a couple of threads ago that there was a lack of interest in Australia .......... now you have a perfect opportunity to keep or increase the interest, and you choose to post over seas first and ignore the locals

Just because we don't post in this section doesn't mean we don't read it and take an interest in the whole idea

Hi Garry,

Was up till late thur fri preparing and sat racing and sunday travelling and monday recovering. True was posted on Slotforum first as there is simply a shitload more interest there, hence my whinge about interest in Aust. But notice I always update my threads regulary on Auslot, but thanks for the interest. Phil has some video to post. =)

So given it was advertised here?? I'm with Gazza - no wonder it's not taken seriously. :rolleyes:

Not taken seriously by some for sure. I apologise for being slack, we will get onto it soon. But in short heres a quick run down.

Saturday we had 9 guys turn up, around 5 experienced digi slotters, and 4 newbies, was hoping for around 12 but hey its in the sticks.

We tested the Scorpius cars on the SSD track and Ninco tracks.

The cars ran 100% perfect on SSD and was considered successful.

The cars only had a 75% success rate for changing lanes and registering ID's on the Ninco system. Still we were able to have a lot of fun. The whole idea was to detect any glitches in the system and thats exactly what we did. Having said that even a 100% Ninco system only gets a 85-90% suceess rate! So I didnt feel too bad. Sax came up too.

We had a Scorpius only race on each track and another race on the Ninco track we mixed Ninco and Scopius cars together in one race, 4 of each, was great.

Positive comments were:

Smooth power and lots of it.

Smooth throttle curves.

Motors ran noticeably cooler therefore quicker.

Scorpius cars around 1 sec a lap quicker.

Guys loved the 75% braking idea.

They loved the wireless throttles.

Back to bench to fix glitches, then back to Finley for more test racing.

Rick

P.S. Sax, Vinno said to me once its ok to cross link to other forums.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Gazza and Eno, put on your big girl's panties and deal with it.

Phil and Rick are doing more for slots in Oz than anyone else, bar none.

Like you pair, I wasn't there for the test but I did travel for 5 xxxx-ing hours and 450 kays to get there just for a go at Phil's tracks on the Thursday and would have stayed for the Scorpius test had I not made prior arrangements to be at Phillip Island for Troy Bayliss's last gig.

Auslot is a good forum for Aussies but SlotForum is worldwide. Scorpius has the potential to revolutionise the slotcar hobby and deserves to be taken to the world.

And, even if Scorpius doesn't take off (it surely will), Phil's vision and drive is a model for us all and I, for one, will take every opportunity to get to Finley for a chance to race toy cars the way nature intended.

Guys, it's only a few hours in the car and fifty bucks a night at the Country Club Hotel. Surely you can manage that two or three times a year.

People travel from everywhere for major events (I saw bikes from all over Australia and even met a couple of Yanks at Phillip Island) and what Phil and Rick are up to gives us the chance to enjoy our hobby the way all the others do (like, fer instance: gliding, radio control, Supercars, Superbikes, MotoGP, F1, Football, Soccer, etc, etc) so let's just get in there and do it.

If it's worth the time, it's worth the travel.

Cheers,

Charles

"all I want for my birthdy is another birthdy" Ian Dury...bless 'im.

Chilla - back in yer boxer shorts! :lol:

So given it was advertised here?? I'm with Gazza - no wonder it's not taken seriously. :rolleyes:

Not taken seriously by some for sure. I apologise for being slack, we will get onto it soon. But in short heres a quick run down.

Saturday we had 9 guys turn up, around 5 experienced digi slotters, and 4 newbies, was hoping for around 12 but hey its in the sticks.

We tested the Scorpius cars on the SSD track and Ninco tracks.

The cars ran 100% perfect on SSD and was considered successful.

The cars only had a 75% success rate for changing lanes and registering ID's on the Ninco system. Still we were able to have a lot of fun. The whole idea was to detect any glitches in the system and thats exactly what we did. Having said that even a 100% Ninco system only gets a 85-90% suceess rate! So I didnt feel too bad. Sax came up too.

We had a Scorpius only race on each track and another race on the Ninco track we mixed Ninco and Scopius cars together in one race, 4 of each, was great.

Positive comments were:

Smooth power and lots of it.

Smooth throttle curves.

Motors ran noticeably cooler therefore quicker.

Scorpius cars around 1 sec a lap quicker.

Guys loved the 75% braking idea.

They loved the wireless throttles.

Back to bench to fix glitches, then back to Finley for more test racing.

Rick

P.S. Sax, Vinno said to me once its ok to cross link to other forums.

Rick, was this your first large scale test? If so it sounds like it went OK for a 'real world' trial run.

If the timing works out I'll be trying to come up for some future tests so I can have a good look. (please give us more warning though)

Testing in races against the manufacturers cars is probably a good thing. Did you try that on the SSD?

When's the wood version coming! :lol:

Dave

Routed digital tracks will most likley be the way of the future.

Phil

agree with you there Phil, and yes I like to read up on whats going on in here! :rolleyes:

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I think there's too many there Gref. Wasn't Rick talking about 16?? the other four blokes will have to marshall.. unless we all bring our kids along.. :rolleyes:

Rick, was this your first large scale test? If so it sounds like it went OK for a 'real world' trial run.

If the timing works out I'll be trying to come up for some future tests so I can have a good look. (please give us more warning though)

Testing in races against the manufacturers cars is probably a good thing. Did you try that on the SSD?

When's the wood version coming! :D

Dave

Yup first large scale test. Yes we got SSD spot on and Ninco almost there.

The project is in 3 stages. You need at least two stage 1 and 2 to use it on a routed track. Stage II wont be till June/July so until then Im just working on track designs. I dragged Scorpius cars against SSD cars and Ninco cars. Generally the Scorpius equivalent will beat them, but a few times they were even too. Never was the Scorpius car beaten in performance.

Routed digital tracks will most likley be the way of the future.

Phil

agree with you there Phil, and yes I like to read up on whats going on in here! :D

Always welcome here guys and I hope multicar per lane racing is going to be the future too.

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com