slotbaker

Australian National Slotcar......

Why not try to get similar bodies from each state, eg v32, to agree ( try to anyway ) a set of regs for just 3 or 4 classes. Run a local state championship and then the top drivers could compete at a nationals and know ( and hope ) all cars are equal. All states have some group or groups in 1/32, we can talk to anyone in Oz over the net, could it be that hard ?

You'd have thought that was a good idea wouldn't you?

The arguments haven't been form V32 though.

Equivalent rules would be sensational and SIMPLE for everyone.

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

How about we call it the Auslot Association?

We could start up a society to help us with our addiction too....................

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Eno,

I have no interest in getting into a shitfight with you or anyone else so I'll ignore your last post.

Like you, I'd like to see something positive come out of this AND you may recall that I had asked a couple of (unanswered) questions............:

1) What are the most commonly accepted rules.

2) What rules are or are likely to be in dispute.

3) How many 1/32 oriented clubs are there in Aust.

................ if we can get those questions answered, then there may be a genuine starting point for all of this.

What disappoints me to some degree is the number of experienced guys who must be sitting quietly on the fence while a few people with some form of "passion" attempt to find common ground for discussion to start, yeah, it might not look too much like that but I'd like to think that's where it's heading.

<_<

What classes would suit a national titles ? I think just 3 to start with, eg trans am, can am and le mans group c, then each year add a new one and drop an old one for variety. Once you know the classes the rules can be sorted out knowing what brands of cars race in each class and what sort of work they need. Most rules concern motors and tyre choice, so either stock or unlimited. And screws.

What have you been up to Rick? All this s#!t stirring seems out of character <_<

I'm wondering if its a case of the dag and the rag once it gets hold it just wont let go?

Come on mate make "peace not war" we are a humble little band of wierdos and we need to stick together

Give credit where credits due hey :D

Credit who for what?

Pete I could say a few things but Ill take the peace option. Thanks.

Rick.

Eno, sorry mate, best I ignore that post, part of the peace option.

A basic idea for a national 1/32 association could run like this:

Up to 8 state and territory boards

Up to 8 members on national board (one delegate from each state/territory)

National set of rules decided by all members voting.

National set of standards decided by all members voting.

Location of nationals rotated through each state.

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Why not try to get similar bodies from each state, eg v32, to agree ( try to anyway ) a set of regs for just 3 or 4 classes.

From what I heard of today's race meet, things went incredibly smooth, a few issues were talked about and decisions made quickly without fuss. Good on ya fellas, still wishin I was there (secretly ;) )

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Ok, so how about we start here.

Seems like rules are high on everyones agenda, so who has or knows about groups that have regulations in 1/32 or 1/24 scales for;

a/ Car classes and relative specs.

b/ Running events.

c/ Codes of conduct.

d/ Anything else?

My thoughts are that it would be good to adopt existing international regs if/where possible, then other well established clubs/groups.

These could be modified for our local 'conditions' as deemed fit.

From following the developement of the V32 group, considerable time and effort has gone into getting it to work, so why not use this experience.

So, please post names of groups, and point to their regs. We can all then check them out and make suggestions from there.

BUT PLEASE, if someone posts something that is off topic that you don't like/agree with, don't drag it out by posting a reply here. Send them a PM and tell them where to shove it.

;)

Steve K.

b/ Running events.

c/ Codes of conduct.

d/ Anything else?

Has anyone actually looked at the classes and specs from the event that has started all of this (i don't think anyone has) since yesterday arvo to now only 4 extra view's ,if yes then what is wrong with them?

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

These are the classes that we race in South Western Sydney. We have a set of rules for each of these groups which are quite plain and simple. The "Open" Groups are fairly open to modifications and the other groups are fairly close to standard cars with weight added. The regs have been developed after alot of racing over the past maybe 10 years or so by very experienced slot addicts who frequent the forum and they make for fun racing without any fuss. i.e. we rarely if ever have to scrutinize a car and no-one gets too serious about who wins or loses. If you want a copy of the reg's for each class, I'll be happy to post.

Slot.it Group C

GT International

Trans Am & Classic Aussie Touring Cars pre 1974

NC1 Classic

Open F1

Open Sports post group C

Pre 72 Sports cars

Sport Sedans & GT

Open Touring Car

Ninco Porsche 934 cup

Ninco McLaren F1 GTR

Scalex Aussie V8’s

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

"To peace and constructive converstion" ;)

good onya repete :lbluebounce:

i just am lurking and observing most of the post in this forum.

i do have a lot to point out as well but lets

just as what one of the (ex) member said :

''LETS RACE !!!!''

in my opinion...........

there's too much to talk about but very little racing......

life is too short to enjoy this hobby

thank you SLOTBAKER and the rest of the guys

Ok, so how about we start here.

Seems like rules are high on everyones agenda, so who has or knows about groups that have regulations in 1/32 or 1/24 scales for;

b/ Running events.

c/ Codes of conduct.

d/ Anything else?

My thoughts are that it would be good to adopt existing international regs if/where possible, then other well established clubs/groups.

These could be modified for our local 'conditions' as deemed fit.

From following the developement of the V32 group, considerable time and effort has gone into getting it to work, so why not use this experience.

So, please post names of groups, and point to their regs. We can all then check them out and make suggestions from there.

BUT PLEASE, if someone posts something that is off topic that you don't like/agree with, don't drag it out by posting a reply here. Send them a PM and tell them where to shove it.

;)

I like your thinking there Slotbaker. Perhaps we could have a link to the sets of rules that are available and compare them?

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hi Jamie,

why don't you post your regs on a pdf thingy whatever linky type thing,then we can have a look at what you guys do and maybe get some opinions from that.

Whatdoyer reckon?

terry

Hi Jamie,

why don't you post your regs on a pdf thingy whatever linky type thing,then we can have a look at what you guys do and maybe get some opinions from that.

Whatdoyer reckon?

terry

Has anyone looked at the rule's,classe's and spec's for this year's National's or are they just being ignored.

These rules worked fine for 4 social race event's last year at Mobile Raceway's!

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hi Jamie,

Whatdoyer reckon?

terry

Has anyone looked at the rule's,classe's and spec's for this year's National's or are they just being ignored.

These rules worked fine for 4 social race event's last year at Mobile Raceway's!

Dave - the idea Slotbaker and Terry have is to get evertone's rules and work to a central point. Not to start from the point that started the shebang. Yes - I know they worked but it ain't the point.

Hi Jamie,

Whatdoyer reckon?

terry

Dave - the idea Slotbaker and Terry have is to get evertone's rules and work to a central point. Not to start from the point that started the shebang. Yes - I know they worked but it ain't the point.

Yes Eno i understand that, but this whole thread is or supposed to be about getting an association started including rule's,classe's and reg's but the MR 2008 Nat's rule's are'nt getting a mention.

My point is there is a perfectly good set of rule's available as a starting point for a National level but no one seem's to be interested.

The V32 has rule's

The Phoenix slotcar group has rule's

and who Know's how many other club's out there have rule's.

IMO there should be a common start point and then added to.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

My My, . . . . Wish I'd read this tread before the other one aussieslotter!,

If your interpretation/understanding of my point of view has been upsetting then I feel truly sorry for you.

NO ADMISSIONS OF THE SORT

I also feel sorry for you that you think I would offend the nations slotters, you have taken my comment totally out of the context in which is was meant,.....sorry you can't see the wood for the trees.......

You are in fact the one that came out and bagged the event without so much as showing respect for promoting the hobby on a national basis.

Interstingly it is you who have mentioned that word 'committee', so would YOU be interested in sitting on one to represent YOUR state and start the ball rolling???? I wonder.

My offer was to assist, never did I say be on a committee......

I guess this is a good example of how the online environment can sometimes be misconstrued/misunderstood as it is based on one's ability to communicate, and a readers ability to understand what on display.

What is it YOU propose to do from your state, the hobby and the Nations Slotters????

Would you, DO you intend doing anything if at all????

Are YOU committe material even if you think I'm not?......

You appear to be considerably passionate and able to stand for something????.....Seems a true shame to waste it.

What about assisting in the unification of all slotters in our great nation?.....

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to wind you up, I'm being serious.

You're in NSW, I'm in VIC, we have the offer from Garry J to use the ASCRA title so what do you say?

With respect, and

Over to you......?

B)

It is (painfully) obvious that things need to move (or be moved!) forward so that all the sideways jibes, comments (read 'crap') stops and those who want to promote and further the hobby/sport/pasttime/addiction can do so.

Is this an admission the dandenong competition isnt a national contest?

Please further the hobby/sport/pasttime/addiction with all the nations slotters in mind and you wont have a problem.

Its interesting that you think anyone who wants an even footing for all Australias slotters is talking crap. Thankyou.

No doubt you are entering the Dandenong championships. I suggest to treat everyone the same and listen to all points of view or theres no point wanting to help out is there? Not exactly committee material.

BannerLinkLogo.jpg

...Click HERE to visit my Viper Valley forum thread...

Hi Jamie,

Whatdoyer reckon?

terry

Yes Eno i understand that, but this whole thread is or supposed to be about getting an association started including rule's,classe's and reg's but the MR 2008 Nat's rule's are'nt getting a mention.

My point is there is a perfectly good set of rule's available as a starting point for a National level but no one seem's to be interested.

The V32 has rule's

Indeed you're right - however the common starting point is 'show is yer tits and when we all find out we have nipples..' the rest is prolly easy. This thread is not about Pete's stuff, your stuff, my stuff. It's about a national set of rules. Every person that's set up or been involved in setting up rules thinks that they are right.. Not you, not me, not Pete..

We wanna get a common set of rules?? Who's in then?? B)

Am I mistaken BUT didn't we talk about a common set of rules last year and in the end everyone decided it was too hard?

The biggest problem would be deciding on that sort of body mounting screw to use? :D

While a National body would be good IMO the rules could be used for any National event,just like the DUPR,but even these change from year to year depending on the organiser.

A national body was formed many years ago and did manage to draw up some rules BUT they were only for National events,like the Brabham Trophy.

Phil

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hi Steve,

From my point of view, its best that someone take it upon themselves to start a 1/32nd scale slotcar racing association or something along those lines.

Get everyone to email you that are interested in being involved or want to be members.

In that group find suitable people to be your commitee and then that group can select various delegates from each state or as many states and territories as possible.

With that group, work out how you will sort out members fees (if any) or anything that the members can help with to ease the pain of costs (time, paper, web stuff will be a cost).

Track hire fees may also come into it (I know most tracks are happy to host and organise events but there may be a time if all a body needs them for is to race on they will charge you a hire fee).

Once you get that stuff out of the way then you can move onto classes that will be fairly interchangable and suitable to most track layouts.

IMHO Digital is a ways away and hosting events at commercial setups puts track onside and can make life a little easier with the organistion part (being a track owner and a big part of the ASCDRA and also a racer you get to see all points).

Your never going to make everyone happy (as i have noticed lately) and being a track owner only makes things worse but if you can have 90% of the racers happy and you have a group of guys that put in the hard yards behind the scenes then you will have a good functioning organisation.

All i can say is god help the person that tries to give racing a boost, its potentially going to be the biggest 1/32nd gathering ever.

Garry I hope things go well and the ASCRA keeps moving forward because its got to be a good thing for slotcar racing here.

Plucka (about to duck for cover)

Has anyone actually looked at the classes and specs from the event that has started all of this (i don't think anyone has) since yesterday arvo to now only 4 extra view's ,if yes then what is wrong with them?

Not yet, no one has posted them here as requested.

I think they would be very usefull, so how about someone post a link to them so we can check them out?

Slot.it Group C

GT International

NC1 Classic

Open F1

Open Sports post group C

Pre 72 Sports cars

Sport Sedans & GT

Open Touring Car

Ninco Porsche 934 cup

Ninco McLaren F1 GTR

Scalex Aussie V8’s

Thank you Jamie. Are the regs written up and can be posted, or are they accepted as gentlemans rules, and people work together? Can they be posted here?

The V32 has rule's

Good idea. How about posting them here, or links to them?

What is it YOU propose to do from your state, the hobby and the Nations Slotters????

You appear to be considerably passionate and able to stand for something????.....Seems a true shame to waste it.

What about assisting in the unification of all slotters in our great nation?.....

You're in NSW, I'm in VIC, we have the offer from Garry J to use the ASCRA title so what do you say?

Thanks for your offer to assist Shane.

All of these points are valid, and should be addressed as we proceed. It just seems that a logical place to begin might be regulations, as this appears to be on most peoples minds.

I think we would be foolish not to accept Garry J's offer to use the ASCRA title, and Gary's assistance if he is offering. I did aske Gary if anything had been done previously, but he did not respond.

I'll start by posting a couple of links for consideration.

Here's a linky to the IMCA, who run 1/24 scale racing. It is a full blown set of rules, and has been used accross Europe, and is hitting the USA this year (I think, Werner?)

Here's a linky to the AMCRA, small group who run 1/24 scale racing at the now defunct Liverpool raceway. It was loosely fashioned on the IMCA regs, but adapted to stuff that was available here in Australia.

Werner, can you please post a link to your rules that have been successfull for a while now.

While a National body would be good IMO the rules could be used for any National event,just like the DUPR,but even these change from year to year depending on the organiser.

A national body was formed many years ago and did manage to draw up some rules BUT they were only for National events,like the Brabham Trophy.

Phil

Can someone please post a link to the DUPR regs. Although they might change year by year, surely there must be a common theme to them, with changes reflecting different class of car being run each time?

Phil, do you have the rules for the Brabham Trophy available, can you please post them.

Hi Steve,

From my point of view, its best that someone take it upon themselves to start a 1/32nd scale slotcar racing association or something along those lines.

Get everyone to email you that are interested in being involved or want to be members.

In that group find suitable people to be your commitee and then that group can select various delegates from each state or as many states and territories as possible.

With that group, work out how you will sort out members fees (if any) or anything that the members can help with to ease the pain of costs (time, paper, web stuff will be a cost).

Track hire fees may also come into it (I know most tracks are happy to host and organise events but there may be a time if all a body needs them for is to race on they will charge you a hire fee).

Once you get that stuff out of the way then you can move onto classes that will be fairly interchangable and suitable to most track layouts.

IMHO Digital is a ways away and hosting events at commercial setups puts track onside and can make life a little easier with the organistion part (being a track owner and a big part of the ASCDRA and also a racer you get to see all points).

Your never going to make everyone happy (as i have noticed lately) and being a track owner only makes things worse but if you can have 90% of the racers happy and you have a group of guys that put in the hard yards behind the scenes then you will have a good functioning organisation.

All i can say is god help the person that tries to give racing a boost, its potentially going to be the biggest 1/32nd gathering ever.

Garry I hope things go well and the ASCRA keeps moving forward because its got to be a good thing for slotcar racing here.

Plucka, please don't duck off yet, we need all interested parties, including track owners.

All your points are valid and need to be covered as we progress. I'm not sure if it's the chicken, or the egg that we should be worrying about, but I've suggested to go with the regs first, as they probably have the biggest single bearing on what we do as a group.

As far as "someone take it upon themselves to start a 1/32nd scale slotcar racing association" a I think V32 has gone a long way to setting up a good set of regs (can someone post them here) and a foundation for a national group, but (rhetorical question here) would all other 1/32 groups happy to compete under their regs? Maybe. Would (another rhetorical question) V32 be happy to run under somone else's regs? Maybe. Let's discuss it here.

Can anyone else post any other rules, or a link?

My plan is to go through all the regs and pull out any common parts, that could form the guts of a rule set. Then maybe have appendicies to cater for all the variables, like different classes etc.

Sorry for the long rambling post.

:D

Edited by slotbaker

Steve K.

Not yet, no one has posted them here as requested.

I think they would be very usefull, so how about someone post a link to them so we can check them out?

Slot.it Group C

GT International

NC1 Classic

Open F1

Open Sports post group C

Pre 72 Sports cars

Sport Sedans & GT

Open Touring Car

Ninco Porsche 934 cup

Ninco McLaren F1 GTR

Scalex Aussie V8’s

Thank you Jamie. Are the regs written up and can be posted, or are they accepted as gentlemans rules, and people work together? Can they be posted here?

The V32 has rule's

Good idea. How about posting them here, or links to them?

Thanks for your offer to assist Shane.

All of these points are valid, and should be addressed as we proceed. It just seems that a logical place to begin might be regulations, as this appears to be on most peoples minds.

I think we would be foolish not to accept Garry J's offer to use the ASCRA title, and Gary's assistance if he is offering. I did aske Gary if anything had been done previously, but he did not respond.

I'll start by posting a couple of links for consideration.

Here's a linky to the IMCA, who run 1/24 scale racing. It is a full blown set of rules, and has been used accross Europe, and is hitting the USA this year (I think, Werner?)

Here's a linky to the AMCRA, small group who run 1/24 scale racing at the now defunct Liverpool raceway. It was loosely fashioned on the IMCA regs, but adapted to stuff that was available here in Australia.

Werner, can you please post a link to your rules that have been successfull for a while now.

Phil

Can someone please post a link to the DUPR regs. Although they might change year by year, surely there must be a common theme to them, with changes reflecting different class of car being run each time?

Phil, do you have the rules for the Brabham Trophy available, can you please post them.

Hi Steve,

Plucka, please don't duck off yet, we need all interested parties, including track owners.

All your points are valid and need to be covered as we progress. I'm not sure if it's the chicken, or the egg that we should be worrying about, but I've suggested to go with the regs first, as they probably have the biggest single bearing on what we do as a group.

As far as "someone take it upon themselves to start a 1/32nd scale slotcar racing association" a I think V32 has gone a long way to setting up a good set of regs (can someone post them here) and a foundation for a national group, but (rhetorical question here) would all other 1/32 groups happy to compete under their regs? Maybe. Would (another rhetorical question) V32 be happy to run under somone else's regs? Maybe. Let's discuss it here.

Can anyone else post any other rules, or a link?

My plan is to go through all the regs and pull out any common parts, that could form the guts of a rule set. Then maybe have appendicies to cater for all the variables, like different classes etc.

Sorry for the long rambling post.

:D

Don't apologise for a POSITIVE post please!

I have a pdf copy of the 2008 Nationals regs I can send if it helps??

Shane

BannerLinkLogo.jpg

...Click HERE to visit my Viper Valley forum thread...

Looking at the 2008 Nats regs that Peter has put up,there doesn't seem to be any problems with what has been done.

Easy isn't it?

Terry

So far so good. :)

Thanks for that.

I'll print them all out, as I hope other interested in helping will also do.

Any more regs worth considering?

:huh:

Steve K.