Australian National Slotcar......

slotbaker

Hi Garry and welcome,

Your second last paragraph does'nt sound to promising, care to elaborate?

Thanks for the welcome.

To answer your question, I really can't see it succeeding when the people who originated the idea and volunteered to perform certain functions haven't followed through.

I've been involved with a few National and State organisations and they've always depended on a few willing people to do the leg work.

At the moment I don't see those people coming forward, I hope they do, but I just can't see where they're going to come from.

Cheers,

Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read and met about a small association of sloters who were into 1/24th model racing.......thats in sydney

they were running all sorts of cars but mainly model cars built into slot cars

they were popular for awhile till the track in prestons folded...

i built a couple to join them

wondering if they still exist .

i still am waiting for the members to resurface if they still are racing and where???

they have very good builders and racers who seem to have some code of ethics

unfortunately i went away for awhile and never heard of them after .

Talk to Slotbaker.

Welcome Gary, and many thanks for posting here, and thanks to Werner for making you aware of this thread.

The current web site is just a holding page but I'd like to see it developed into a source of information for ALL slot racers, no forums, no discussions, just plain and simple information such as links, rules, calendars, tech tips, race results, picture galleries, products (new and old) and anything else I(we) can think of...

This is my approach with our little website as well. It is a work in progress, with a "Nostalgia" page in the making.

To answer your question, I really can't see it succeeding when the people who originated the idea and volunteered to perform certain functions haven't followed through.

I've been involved with a few National and State organisations and they've always depended on a few willing people to do the leg work.

At the moment I don't see those people coming forward, I hope they do, but I just can't see where they're going to come from.

Was anything done towards setting up an association? Maybe some 'new' people from here could help kick it along?

As HiString points out, if the HO fraternity can do it......

Vinno, I have been in contact with SG1.

:rolleyes:

Steve K.

Hi Garry J,

I'll put my hand up as a willing person in getting you assistance.

Can I suggest any others reading this thread do the same and see where we go from there ?

It is (painfully) obvious that things need to move (or be moved!) forward so that all the sideways jibes, comments (read 'crap') stops and those who want to promote and further the hobby/sport/pasttime/addiction can do so.

Regards,

Shane

Hi Garry and welcome,

Your second last paragraph does'nt sound to promising, care to elaborate?

Thanks for the welcome.

Cheers,

Garry J

BannerLinkLogo.jpg

...Click HERE to visit my Viper Valley forum thread...

It is (painfully) obvious that things need to move (or be moved!) forward so that all the sideways jibes, comments (read 'crap') stops and those who want to promote and further the hobby/sport/pasttime/addiction can do so.

Is this an admission the dandenong competition isnt a national contest?

Please further the hobby/sport/pasttime/addiction with all the nations slotters in mind and you wont have a problem.

Its interesting that you think anyone who wants an even footing for all Australias slotters is talking crap. Thankyou.

No doubt you are entering the Dandenong championships. I suggest to treat everyone the same and listen to all points of view or theres no point wanting to help out is there? Not exactly committee material.

Edited by aussieslotter

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Is this an admission the dandenong competition isnt a national contest?

Please further the hobby/sport/pasttime/addiction with all the nations slotters in mind and you wont have a problem.

Its interesting that you think anyone who wants an even footing for all Australias slotters is talking crap. Thankyou.

No doubt you are entering the Dandenong championships. I suggest to treat everyone the same and listen to all points of view or theres no point wanting to help out is there? Not exactly committee material.

I think it's time for all question's to be directed to the organiser on the MR forum, i started the original post on the other thread again titled (2008 scale national's) with the LINK to the rule's and reg's.

Yes i have a small involvment in the setup of this event i dont have all the answer's so please follow the link!

The other thread was started to spread the word and to provide a direct link to the rule's, NOT to ask who determine's the name of the event, why is it called this, etc,etc.

cheer's

David

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

We all know Peter is reading these threads, and one must assume he is steering clear for a reason. It would only take a second for him to stand by his event an answer.

No one must assume anything, and i know that Peter is busy at the moment getting the facility's ready for the event.

Yes he is probally checking his forum for comment's but as he will see there is none in regard's to what is going on here.

So sign up send a PM, and let's stop all this assuming.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

No one reads that site do they?, only a few entrants, much better here obviously. Ok I call him Monday and let him know myself or you could inform him. Personally I wont be visiting the website, I dont wish to enter.

In hindsight maybe the event shouldnt have been mentioned hre if you cant get answers here.

Can you see how pissweak this is all looking?

www.scorpiuswireless.com

No one reads that site do they?, only a few entrants, much better here obviously. Ok I call him Monday and let him know myself or you could inform him. Personally I wont be visiting the website, I dont wish to enter.

In hindsight maybe the event shouldnt have been mentioned hre if you cant get answers here.

Thank you for your comment's, much appreciated <_< obviously you dont read this site as i said before , the said event was posted here to make people aware and to visit the forum for detail's and any possible question's.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Theres only one person starting to look a little pissy here in my extremely humble opinion.......................................................................ok im going back to sleep now... <_<

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

OK as I live in the National capital (is OK to say that Rick) of Australia and drive past the GG's house, the Lodge (for those that don't know, the PM lives there) and Parliament House each day on the way to work, I hereby by degree that this years Nationals can be held in Melbourne this year.

Should any other state want to run under the "national" banner they must send 6 packs of Strongbow (Original or Dry not Sweet) Cider. AS Strongbow is made in Campbelltown NSW, I will also accept bottled white wine from the best regions in your state The state with the most 6 packs or bottles wins.

Lee

PS I won't accept cask wine!

We all know Peter is reading these threads, and one must assume he is steering clear for a reason. It would only take a second for him to stand by his event an answer.

This thread has come by as an aside from the stuff happening at Pete's. It's a call to see how we can maybe make everything similar over the country for 32nd scale.

If you've chosen to misread - or didn't properly read what was going on please re-read. This thread is seperate to Pete's easter goodness..

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

OK, probably not really the correct thread but for that matter, neither is David's original thread concerning the event that has caused this discussion, but an observation from a relative slot newbie/outsider........................from my digging around, this forum appears to be the prime forum for 1/32 and to some degree 1/24 slots in Oz and has been for some years, then I find that in recent times the main person behind this event has started their own forum on their website, which I also note is frequented by some Auslot members...............to me, considering the relatively small number of "slot enthusiasts", that very action creates a divide within the community that ultimately benefits no-one other than the owner of the business behind the other forum. I've seen it happen elsewhere on the www and I dare say it will happen again...................unfortunately, while some people seem unable to remove the blinkers they're wearing, others seem only capable of responding with snide, smart arse, useless posts.

<_<

Theres only one person starting to look a little pissy here in my extremely humble opinion.......................................................................ok im going back to sleep now... <_<

Its ok I can take it :D

Hmmmm I can feel a poll coming on. Let the people decide.

How can we word the poll?

Perhaps

a)Yes any individual retailer can call their shop events national events (1/32).

b)No only a single nationally recognised group should be able run a national championship (1/32)

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Perhaps

a)Yes any individual retailer can call their shop events national events (1/32).

b)No only a single nationally recognised group should be able run a national championship (1/32)

Nope - you're off on a tangent again Aussie. Let me repeat since you didn't re-read. This thread is nothing to do with Peter's event at Easter.

The question here is whether we can / need to make a national body for it is NOTHING to do with Peter's event.

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Man, how the hell can we expect to have a national body when we can't even keep this topic on target !

I was there almost at the beginning of the Aussie Scalextric Club and they started out very basic, just a few rules and organisation and a newsletter. They didn't incorporate the club till at least a few years later, and they just kept expanding from there. (Not that they are that relevant now, but I am just giving an example to try and keep it simple to start with, just to get it off the ground and expand from there).

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

I made a couple of suggestions near the beginning of this thread, unfortunately only one person bothered to attempt to address them, so I'll take a different tack.....................:

Does anyone know how many clubs there are around Aust., which predominantly race 1/32 cars? Also, it may help to differentiate whether they are symbiotically attached to a business or not.

<_<

Perhaps

Nope - you're off on a tangent again Aussie. Let me repeat since you didn't re-read. This thread is nothing to do with Peter's event at Easter.

The question here is whether we can / need to make a national body for it is NOTHING to do with Peter's event.

Wrong Eno, ShaneLotts #29 post's sarcasm aimed at me was the first off topic. I simply replied.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I made a couple of suggestions near the beginning of this thread, unfortunately only one person bothered to attempt to address them, so I'll take a different tack.....................:

Does anyone know how many clubs there are around Aust., which predominantly race 1/32 cars? Also, it may help to differentiate whether they are symbiotically attached to a business or not.

<_<

I think that's a good Q Hi String.

V32 is NOT shop based. Dave 29's been doign some racing at Pete's as Pete learns about 32nd scale. I don'tbelieve dave's race group is anything to do with a shop either.

My understanding is that the 'big '24' boys' work their way around from commercial to commercial around the country for a national according to an agreed agreement thing. This year Pete's gone out of his way to include 24th hardbody and various 32nd scale races to push those classes as well. Pete's a huge fan of slot racing. That's why he runs the shop the way he does. This national stuff has been up and being chatting about for at least 3 - 6 months (from memory).

There have been a number of threads here opened pointing to threads on Pete's website. The entries will be processed online. shoudl you wish to race - hit the website (soon - dunno when - maybe now) and let rip!

[ This national stuff has been up and being chatting about for at least 3 - 6 months (from memory).

On Auslots or on the other forum?

Eno, I first "raced" 1/24 back in the '60s. Quite some years ago I went to the only commercial track in my area and could not believe the behaviour of supposedly mature, grown men and at that point chose not to get re-involved with slots. A recent conversation with one of the founder/owners of that track only reconfirmed my decision as I listened to them describe seeing adults act like preschoolers having a dummy spit.

Unfortunately, and I hope I'm wrong but I'm seeing signs that similar people are members here and if that's the case, the chances of reaching agreement on virtually anything are greatly inhibited.

<_< .

Perhaps

Wrong Eno, ShaneLotts #29 post's sarcasm aimed at me was the first off topic. I simply replied.

In that case perhaps you should learn to distinguish between the aims of the topic and your personal ego? If you wanna take things personally why turn about and F*#$ up a conversation about national rules 'cause you feel invalidated? Take it offline.

Actually I just looked at #29.. yo're just making crap up if that's somehow offensive..

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

What have you been up to Rick? All this s#!t stirring seems out of character <_<

I'm wondering if its a case of the dag and the rag once it gets hold it just wont let go?

Come on mate make "peace not war" we are a humble little band of wierdos and we need to stick together

Give credit where credits due hey :D

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Why not try to get similar bodies from each state, eg v32, to agree ( try to anyway ) a set of regs for just 3 or 4 classes. Run a local state championship and then the top drivers could compete at a nationals and know ( and hope ) all cars are equal. All states have some group or groups in 1/32, we can talk to anyone in Oz over the net, could it be that hard ?