Resilient Resins 1/32 Kits

bump

After Beejay's great post about his Ferrari 250, I made some enquiries about the 1/32 car kits.

Doug Haynes is Mr Resilient Resins and he gave permission for me to post his email below. It covers what's currently available, how to order and what chassis should work. I can see an order coming on. ;)

==========================================

Resilient Resins "1/32 Group" includes the 14 bodies listed below. Sorry, we've been so busy adding new products that the Resilient Resins website has been neglected for awhile. It only shows 1/24 products at the present time.

1. Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa (RHD pontoon fender)

2. 1958 Scarab-Chevy

3. Aston Martin DBR1

4. Hussein MkI

5. Lotus 30

6. Shelby King Cobra

7. Ferrari 555 Supersqualo GP

8. Ferrari 196SP

9. Shelby Cobra 427

10. Lotus 25 GP

11. Cooper T-60 GP

12. Lotus 19

13. Ferrari TR-59

14. Porsche 804 GP

To view the 1/32 bodies, follow this link to our eBay auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsa...osortpropertyZ1

As you can see, eBay minimum bid price is $19.99. The website price is $24.99. Shipping Airmail to Australia is $6.00 for the first body and $3.00 for additional bodies in the same order. Shipping is FREE on orders of 10 bodies or more from the website. You can pay with PayPal, even if you buy direct (email is sotacars@msn.com).

Regarding your question about chassis, I've been investigating various chassis possibilities. My personal hobbying is mainly 1/24th, so I don't know much about 1/32... firsthand. Here are some reports that I've received:

My representative in Europe feels that the best chassis option that he's come up with so far is a manufacturer is called SLOT IT. Available as sidewinder or inline. . They also provide axels, bearings, motors and complete gears for their chassis. http://www.slot.it/ Here's what he said: "I will be using a Slot.it chassis (inliner) with a reverse motor mount so that I can use a Fly standard motor".

British customer reports that the Carrera A6GCS Maserati chassis will fit under the RR Scarab, Aston Martin and Hussein. Another customer used a Monogram Cobra Daytona chassis under his Scarab. As far as I know, the Lotus 30 and King Cobra don't present special "lowness" problems... however, I imagine that a sidewinder style chassis works best.

If you have further questions, let me know. Thanks for asking.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't