Sign in to follow this  
Yngwie

Lap Timing And Refuelling Feature

I was wondering whether it would be possible to have a system whereby 2 sensors where provided for each lane. One for the timing of laps as the cars go past and the other for timing in seconds of the refueling feature of some programs. I have seen people with pit lanes but not sure of what their function really is.

Thanks in advance

Isn't that a case of wiring looking at lighty things in parallel instead of series?

I'd imagine it'd work..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

startline - I have sensors in the pits and on the pit straight :lol:

Excellent - at least I learned something at Uni.. :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

startline - I have sensors in the pits and on the pit straight :nice:

Thanks Gref. Could you send ma link to startline and some photos of what you have done on your track. Kind Regards

I use Ultimate Racer 3. It lets you do just about everything. Each lane only has one sensor in the track at the start line, as I have no pits. I can get the one sensor to count laps, judge jump starts and fast laps, but it wont do refuel. I'm thinking of putting a second sensor in per lane on the other side of the slot, so I can evenly share the sensor duties and hopefully that should alleviate my problem.

Thanks Gref. Could you send ma link to startline and some photos of what you have done on your track. Kind Regards

In this pic, you can see the gantry, it has IR LED's in it over the track sensors, and where the cars are parked in the pits is where the pit sensors are. Although I'm yet to hook up the pit sensors I'm pretty sure once you pit to refuel, your power is cut for a minimum of 6 seconds to simulate the real thing - no splash n dash, so gotta time your fuel right!

100_1710.jpg

Edited by gref

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

My Track <--old pics

grefhurst in action <---- old video

fuel racing at Grefhurst<-----newer video

In this pic, you can see the gantry, it has IR LED's in it over the track sensors, and where the cars are parked in the pits is where the pit sensors are. Although I'm yet to hook up the pit sensors I'm pretty sure once you pit to refuel, your power is cut for a minimum of 6 seconds to simulate the real thing - no splash n dash, so gotta time your fuel right!

100_1710.jpg

Thanks again. So how do you wire the LED's to the parallel port? In parallel as Eno said or to a separate pin on the port?

Hi Yngwie,

Mine has the lot, separate pits with switches, UR30 in WinXP format, fuel level indicator that drops with each lap and flashes with Pit Now 4 Refuel when low - if you don't, you stop dead in the track! (your lane only of course), and then refills during refuelling with the ability for "Splash & Dash" during those races where its just so close that you just know you gotta do a little top up then go, go, go.....

A025.jpg

And when you just have to refuel.....Just press and hold for access......

A017.jpg

Then in you go!!!!

A011.jpg

Happy to supply any info you may require.

Shane

BannerLinkLogo.jpg

...Click HERE to visit my Viper Valley forum thread...

Hi Yngwie,

Mine has the lot, separate pits with switches, UR30 in WinXP format, fuel level indicator that drops with each lap and flashes with Pit Now 4 Refuel when low - if you don't, you stop dead in the track! (your lane only of course), and then refills during refuelling with the ability for "Splash & Dash" during those races where its just so close that you just know you gotta do a little top up then go, go, go.....

A025.jpg

A017.jpg

Then in you go!!!!

A011.jpg

Shane

Hey Shane, thanks for the info. How did you wire your sensors to the parallel port? Does each sensor (ie both sensors per lane get wired to the same pin on the parallel port? Also did you use any resistors between the led's and the parallel port?

Kind Regards

Hi Yngwie,

A025.jpg

A017.jpg

Then in you go!!!!

A011.jpg

Shane

Hey Shane, thanks for the info. How did you wire your sensors to the parallel port? Does each sensor (ie both sensors per lane get wired to the same pin on the parallel port? Also did you use any resistors between the led's and the parallel port?

Kind Regards

Printer port goes to a 4 Lane race control box from Starline that has 1 set of 4 pins for lane counting and 1 x set of four pins for pit counting. Track power runs through the Starline box and is controlled by the same.

Steve at http://www.startline.net.au/ is a great help and can give you pricing etc. The right box can be a significant investment however, once done right, you won't look back and you certainly won't go without.

Regards,

Shane :nice:

BannerLinkLogo.jpg

...Click HERE to visit my Viper Valley forum thread...

Ultimate Racer 3.0 uses input pins 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 1, 14, 16, 17 on the parallel port and each pin is assigned a function in the program as to what it does. either lap counting or pits or whatever else is in there. Download it and have a look it is free. http://www.uracerweb.org/index.htm

If you go with Startline then there are only one set of sensors that will do both.

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life, it's just too intelligent to come here."  Arthur C. Clarke

Social Media - The Internets sewer