New Car's For My Garage.

Davnic74

I'm not a real Group 5 fan, but the JPS livery makes almost anything look good. That one included.

What's your opinion on the chicky babes?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

And price aside? How's the modeling... paint... liveliness. They look good in the official pics, but they're all fairly distant.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Ahh redheads....

Here you go Embs - some more close up pictures of the Racer figures.... initial thoughts on the figures is that they are pretty good - Beatrice does feel a tiny bit over scale but that may only be because she is pictured with the very low M1.

Only thing I don't like is the JPS stickers on the figure - they look a bit funny against the black pants/top.

JPS_1.jpg

JPS_2.jpg

JPS_3.jpg

JPS_4.jpg

JPS_5.jpg

JPS_6.jpg

Edited by miveson

Paint job could be better. But then I suppose they're for mass consumption so a lick and a promise would be all they'd get. Hmmm... Better wash them, lads.

Damn though, that car is real nice.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got these three cars given to me for nothing at all. Along with a stack of classic Scalextric track that has seen far better days and a quite a few bits n bobs in the way of trackside accessories.

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

As you can see these cars are in need of wheels n tyres. The originals are kicking around but are in most cases worn so that they no longer fit tightly on the shafts, or just plain broken.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of replacements that would look good and work well. Doesn't have to be original.

I also have to get magnets for them but I've seen some good ones on evilbay. The chassis on the Lancia seems to be a bit warped as well. Any suggestions on a fix for that?

Thanks guys :)

Edited by Paul Lorenz Esquire

Great to see these didn't go into the "kiddies" play box, Paul....

Ok - might be able to help with straightening the chassis... pm me and I'll give you a bit of a run down on what's involved.

I have straightened all 6 of my Slot-It GT40's and the motor pods - without one issue - and all perfectly straight.

frats,

Rosco

I recently got these three cars given to me for nothing at all. Along with a stack of classic Scalextric track that has seen far better days and a quite a few bits n bobs in the way of trackside accessories.

IMG_0636.jpg

As you can see these cars are in need of wheels n tyres. The originals are kicking around but are in most cases worn so that they no longer fit tightly on the shafts, or just plain broken.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of replacements that would look good and work well. Doesn't have to be original.

I also have to get magnets for them but I've seen some good ones on evilbay. The chassis on the Lancia seems to be a bit warped as well. Any suggestions on a fix for that?

If you don't want to go to alloy hubs, Slot.It plastic hubs - PA17PL (comes in pack of 4) - with the correct Group C inserts - PA55 - (similar to the originals, only better) look good on the 962C and work well and opens the door to a better selection of tyres.

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

If you don't want to go to alloy hubs, Slot.It plastic hubs - PA17PL (comes in pack of 4) - with the correct Group C inserts - PA55 - (similar to the originals, only better) look good on the 962C and work well and opens the door to a better selection of tyres.

Thanks very much for that :)

• 2 weeks later...

Paint job could be better. But then I suppose they're for mass consumption so a lick and a promise would be all they'd get. Hmmm... Better wash them, lads.

Damn though, that car is real nice.

Your not wrong there, I've always had a soft spot for a jps livery but on that beemer its a perfect match! And generally a great slotcar it adorns too. I have one of the other sidewayz M1's and its a pleasure to use and very quick.

Definitely one of the best slotcars ive seen for a while, looks and in use :-)

• 3 weeks later...

The new L34 has arrived...... some rather ordinary shots of the car - don't have time to photograph it properly at the moment....

First impressions are that the car is very nice - A few issues with tampo, door trim, wheels and lack of cigarette branding (but we all knew that anyways)..... If I had a decent photo to compare the car with it would help greatly...

L34_1.jpg

L34_2.jpg

L34_3.jpg

Should be in Australia early December.....

Can't decide if I like them or not. It changes with each glance.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg