Mount Salt Panorama

Ontheflipside

Mel was gracious enough to have myself and my 2 boys over for a run on his new Salt Panorama Track on New Years Day. To say they were impressed would the be the understatement of the new year! What a spectacular track!. The boys had a ball and spent this morning drawing up rally cross road tracks on paper for dad to start creating! :D:o :o

A great track made extremely well.

Edited by Yngwie

Great job there Mel.

Not many people could pull that off. You put the rest of us mortals with plastic tracks to shame.

Nulla

Why race on any old figure 8 track when you could be racing on a track designed to replicate a piece of Australian motorsport history like Oran Park Raceway.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments. Without many of you I would not have been inspired.

It has been a long haul (almost 2 years) -_- and still not finished. :(

I'm so jealous I'm not over there.
Thought of you last night at my sons birthday and while "trying" some Wild Turkey". Mate- your welcome here anytime with or without the lubricant. :P

Mel was gracious enough to have myself and my 2 boys over for a run on his new Salt Panorama Track on New Years Day. To say they were impressed would the be the understatement of the new year! What a spectacular track!. The boys had a ball and spent this morning drawing up rally cross road tracks on paper for dad to start creating! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

A great track made extremely well.

Here is Yngwie and one of his sons, the other is taking my Long Nose Holden around the old BP Cutting then on to break my track record :(

Dec31andJan1Practice092.jpg

Damn it Mel, when's the first meet?????????????? :nice:
Great work Mel, looking forward to having a run on it .

Bo

Looks like Yngwie has this track booked in for the 26th Feb (new Friday nights venture) Must finish the last coat of "F" before you inspect Bo :P

Some pics of the progress - shown this one before but shows elevations up the mountain the bestLatestslotcartrack003.jpg

the work continues . . . .

MtSaltPanoramatrack006.jpg

MtSaltPanoramatrack013.jpg

022.jpg

012.jpg

024.jpg

MtSaltpanoramatrackshots086.jpg

MtSaltpanoramatrackshots116.jpg

1st onto the track had to be the Holden vs Ford

MtSaltpanoramatrackshots109.jpg

Then the 1st Rally car I purchased when I met up with Gazza & Co. Only used it once as the Ninco's were out classing the SCX cars. :(

MtSaltpanoramatrackshots096.jpg

Still a lot of spit and polish to go and another coat of "F" on the tarmac section - guess it will never end.

A big thank you to Gazza and Yngwie who have spent enormous time getting the timing set up - there were no end of problems. We now have a list of don'ts. :lol: :lol:

All ready to run the Aus Proxy Rally this week. Round 5

Yngwie and Teamred have been over and we have done some hot laps with the cars so later this evening I will post some comments on the cars performances.

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Ontheflipside, Great track!

One question, how do the diversions work to direct cars off the straight onto the infield? Do you have a small piece of track that can be moved like a switch?

I'm thinking of making a bit of twisty infield on my track, so I can have 2 tracks in one.

Holty

Hi Ya Mel

Well that makes my bit of 8X4 look a bit ordinary that's for sure.

I look forward to seeing the rally proxy cars on there..

Cheers Alan

I tell the better half that size does not matter :(

Early days but from what we have seen there could be a shake up with some cars performing well on the tarmac section and some not so well.

The tarmac section totals 27m and the dirt totals 24m but quick times are approx 13 sec on the tarmac and 20 sec on the dirt.

Plan to run the "Mountain Sprint" tomorrow night (6 laps of the Mt Panorama tarmac track) then Wed run the 10k (scaled up) Special stage then on Thursday we will run the Stage 3 Enduro to see who will be King of the Mountain

:(

Edited by Ontheflipside

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Ontheflipside, Great track!

One question, how do the diversions work to direct cars off the straight onto the infield? Do you have a small piece of track that can be moved like a switch?

I'm thinking of making a bit of twisty infield on my track, so I can have 2 tracks in one.

Holty

MtSaltpanoramatrackshots122.jpg

MtSaltpanoramatrackshots124.jpg

• 2 months later...

Some more pics and a video by Yngwie (thanks John)

RallyXmeet26thFeb09018.jpg

RallyXmeet26thFeb09021.jpg

Another vid by Chris (Beowulf)

Mel

Edited by Ontheflipside

• 2 weeks later...
Amazing! Congrats on a fantastic track.

Thanks Manic. Just noticed your post. As you know a lot of work goes into these projects and I have heaps still to do

Mel

• 2 weeks later...
how did you make your rock face ?

Mel's spent too many hours out in the sun and has had a very hard life, and was just starting to feel good about himself and was dealing with his affliction quite well, now you've opened old wounds again.

Don't worry about it Mel ..... just go to your happy place and just do what you have to do to feel better again ....... just remember the courts instructions and conditions :lol: :lol: :lol::D

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• 2 weeks later...
cool track ! not far from finishing my first timber track . very extensive scenery. based on rally ireland / isle of man type style . will try upload some pics soon. how did you make your rock face ?

how did you make your rock face ?

Mel's spent too many hours out in the sun and has had a very hard life, and was just starting to feel good about himself and was dealing with his affliction quite well, now you've opened old wounds again.

Don't worry about it Mel ..... just go to your happy place and just do what you have to do to feel better again ....... just remember the courts instructions and conditions :) :clap: :D :D

cid_003201c766e512562d500100000aown.gif

The cream has helped but it's the tablets that's driving me crazy

0511-0810-2704-2853_Cartoon_of_a-1.jpg

@ rocks are hard to eat - I used an Acrylic based coloured filler/patch containing granite (sand). Called Selleys Pointworks but only comes in large pails. Bunnings sell it. For small amounts you could use Selleys No More Gaps Mortar Repair

Edited by Ontheflipside

• 1 year later...

A few of us motored up to the WRC in Coffs Harbour last year and Gazza took a couple of shots of the "Rally" Police vehicle that appeared just before each stage was run.

DSC05384.jpg

DSC05918.jpg

I just happened to notice this one on a Homies site, so had to add it to my track (with a little flouro added )

Hummer.jpg

It's not a Dodge but a Hummer will do :P

Edited by Ontheflipside