So What Happens When A Rule Is Broken?

NimROD444

Shouls car be disqualified from total race?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Or should there be a handicap/sliding scale of point deductions?

• Total disqualification from day's racing
    • A handicap/sliding system going from one rule broken to 10 or so? If you have a system in mind, please share!

Let me see if I can get this through my thick head

You are now saying this

You have all cars opened up at the start of racing (including back up cars or do they get opened up before they can be race?) measuring this, measuring that etc ( you know Ged will laugh at you for doing this)

If all cars pass ( even if they have to be corrected to pass) - all cars can race.

Then at the end the top three in each class are opened up again (with Geds muffled titters in the background) and if one is found to be outside the rules that car must have been changed after it had passed the first inspection. There is no option but to cancel all points scored by that car cos who knows when it was changed.

Using the sliding scale will you assume all broken rules are worth the same penalty or will some be seen as worse than others (just asking)

Is that how you think it will work?

:blink::wacko::wacko::lol::lol:

Only just saw the first bit (did you just add that first bit?)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hi Guy's,

Thanks Bry, thats how I see it too.

Scrutineering at the start, if a car fails the member has a chance to either fix the prob or swap the car which will then also be scrutinized.

Steve, I don't care if Ged or anyone else wet themselves of laughter, if the majority of members support this rule then that is what we will race to.

We are racing to our rules not the rules someone else used to race or prefers to race.

Just cos' others have been racing for ages doesn't make their rules right, it's just what they agreed on at the time.

Regards

NimROD

Good suggestion Eno, gotta give it some thought myself.

I'm hoping that with the pre start scrutineering we should be able to eliminate any penalties.

Only time a penalty would then be issued is when a member decides to disregard the rules, which I hope will not happen.

Regards

NimROD

Ok, just got off the phone from Vlad, after a pm from an anonymous member (who will remain that way unless they want to be named) we think it may be an idea to simply post a set of rules that are EASY TO FOLLOW, and simple and take into account everything we have tried to cover. These rules will more than likely be in a closed topic so will not be subject to what if's and we will see how they work at the next round and maybe the one after. (but will be open to suggestion at Ged's)

Last year we had no "shaving of the chassis" or screw rules etc, so if you didn't know, you didn't do it. Me for example - all my cars had all srews, no chassis shaving, all parts present and basically everything stock except for maybe a set of MJK's. I see all these "allowable mods/tuning tips" as major help for newbies or the likes of me. Some I would never have thought of, like the Slot It cockpit mod to get rid of the fouling.

Come on fellas, it's pretty easy if they're posted up to read off and setup for?

What say you all? (be nice :nice: )

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Good suggestion Eno, gotta give it some thought myself.

I'm hoping that with the pre start scrutineering we should be able to eliminate any penalties.

Only time a penalty would then be issued is when a member decides to disregard the rules, which I hope will not happen.

Regards

NimROD

Nimrod - I'm gonna open a thread. What you can't do to the cars has turned out to be bloody silly and unfortunately that's what we're stuck with. We're doing 'no not do stuff' rules instead of 'do do stuff' suggestions and the whole conversation has turned negative and rubbish.

"Don't wipe yer bum with a Ford" perhaps it is "best not to infect your mates with Tubercolosis" or maybe "Don't support Manchester City" (cause I hate them) all of those are suggestions but they're the type of rules we're getting into.

erm - ok something more realistic - "Don't cut the chassis out & replace it" becomes "Leave the original chassis in the car. If you wish you can do XYZ to it'" That leaves everything simple and should you do something else bad things are gonna happen - you sportsmanship is gonna be bought into disrepute.

Nobody minds being beaten by someone better

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hi Dave,

We tried it that way, I mean how more simple could we have made them (including "not in the rules then you can't do it"), but we couldn't get past the first race with people braking the rules or having differing perceptions.

Like I've stated before, lets work with the new refined rules and not look for loopholes or problems.

As Shane has put forward, we will locking them down soon and then we will see how they go for the next race.

It will be easier to discuss matters face to face at Ged's.

Regards

NimROD

Spoke to Vlad again just before, he also mentioned we should maybe go to the pub after Ged's for a coke (<--- that will be hard when beer is available! but I gotta drive home ;) ) and chat?

regards

Shane

so that will be at 4: 03 pm..............

sax

Has anyone spoken to Ged about the 4pm thing?

And I think that a drink down the local pub may be the quickest way to resolve all this, doing it over the net is a long and protracted affair.

Edited by Rob

Regards

Rob

so that will be at 4: 03 pm..............

sax

;):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Vlad is going to talk to him on Monday, hopefully tell him "how it is" in regards to the $ versus the time, the distance some of is travel to get there, etc etc. I could go on, but we all know about the "restrictions"

regards

Shane

How about all illegal cars get crushed and recycled, or auctioned on Ebay and the proceeds go to charity. Im sure that will make the guys get it right first time=)

Or perhaps 2 sets of boxing gloves and a first aid kit?=)

Edited by aussieslotter

Smoke, mirrors and obsolescence. It’s a jungle out there.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Scruit the cars before racing the class, if a car doesn't comply, modify or swap for another car. No points penalties etc, the car hasn't been on the track so how can u penalise it ? Once a few people have been found out, deliberate or not doesn't matter, it will end.

If a car fails to finish a heat, depends on how you run the heat. If it is by time, say a 2 min heat, you only count the laps you did unless you can fix it then keep going. If the heat is a set number of laps, swap the car for another and race on, plus a time penalty.... say 20 secs. By the time the car stops, someone tries to fix it, then grab another car and go again, its possibly 10 to 15 seconds lost, plus the 20 sec penalty is fair enough.

Maybe a reminder of the relevant rules (bought totally up to date 'cause they'll change as we go) posted a fortnight before race day by the 'committee'

Dangerous to do eno, maybe have a revised list of rules handed out at half way through the season with all of the updates. Doing it every fortnight you get people running around of different sets of rules.

Edited by phoeno29

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Maybe a reminder of the relevant rules (bought totally up to date 'cause they'll change as we go) posted a fortnight before race day by the 'committee'

Dangerous to do eno, maybe have a revised list of rules handed out at half way through the season with all of the updates. Doing it every fortnight you get people running around of different sets of rules.

Didn't think of that! :P