How Many Amps Does A Super 16d Use.

aussieslotter

Hi

When I yank on the throttle hard with my parma international chassis,sponge tyres, and super16D the amp meter needle flicks up to between 4 and 5 amps.

When I put goo on the track and things load up a bit more then I am sure a draw of 5 amps is a possibility.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Hi

When I yank on the throttle hard with my parma international chassis,sponge tyres, and super16D the amp meter needle flicks up to between 4 and 5 amps.

When I put goo on the track and things load up a bit more then I am sure a draw of 5 amps is a possibility.

..................and when he installs the "special magnets" and the proslot armature and pulls the trigger, the needle of

the ampmeter on the powersupply wraps itself around the endpost............................. :lol:

Power to the people

grego

Rick, my supers have been known to pull up to 4 amps continuously and spike at 6 amps on take-off at 12.5 volts. This is the extreme and the motor was NOT box stock. Timing around 45 degrees with a tall gear ratio. Gear ratio will affect the number of amps used as mechanical resistance increases the amount of work the motor must do to drive the vehicle.

Edited by slots

Stu

Old racers race harder

• 1 month later...

I know this is an oldie but i only found it.

Having a Slot Car Dyno a bog stock Super 16D Speed FX motor will pull 26 amps at 3700rmp (start up RPM).

The better supers will pull up to 35 amps at 5500 RPm.

I know power supplies will read less, this is what my Dyno is telling me lol.

Hope this helps.

Plucka

I know this is an oldie but i only found it.

Having a Slot Car Dyno a bog stock Super 16D Speed FX motor will pull 26 amps at 3700rmp (start up RPM).

The better supers will pull up to 35 amps at 5500 RPm.

I know power supplies will read less, this is what my Dyno is telling me lol.

Hope this helps.

Plucka

I'd check your equipment, Plucka. We ran 20 amp circuit breakers on a commercial track and even the opens wouldn't pop them. :D

Stu

Old racers race harder

I am pretty sure the equipment is fine.

The high amps are as soon as the dyno kicks in which is why it reads at such a low rpm.

the figures any racer needs to worry about is the amps at 3-7 seconds and thats been around 10-13 amps loaded (the motors run an aluminium flywheel).

At that range yes the 20 amp fuses will work but any kind of short and those 20 amp fuses will blow in a second, we run 30 amps on ours as you do get some cars that load up or are meshed wrong and that could pop a fuse as they will go up and over the 20 amp fuse very quickly.

When i have seen scaletrix cars run over 3 amps on the small track its not hard to imagine 10 from a 100 gram foam tyre super 16D.

Just for ha haaaas that same motor maxed out at 55,000 rpm and made 35 watts of power.

Plucka

P.S i forgot to mention, if you are running opens on 20 amp breakers then you are very lucky, good opens will pull around 100 amps per car, per lane.

Edited by Plucka