Copper Mill Raceway

GTR XU-1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

OK - track progress has been very slow. I had to get around to finishing off the kids cubby house (It is more like a mansion) before I did any more work on the track (thats right...I wear the pants in my house :D )

All the track pieces have been painted in undercoat now (finally). Will be applying ferradore tonight. We (being Syd), still has to re route one or two small errors and the lane changes.

Will be ordering braid this week and have sent Rick (Mr Scorpius) a message regarding the volume of scorpius goods I require...

All slowly coming together. I imagine the scorpous production will be the critical path in terms of having it finished. But I hope that it is finished by early November (allowing 8 - 9 weeks for scorpius)

Dave

Alright,

Dont harrass me about photos because I havent taken any yet... but the track is painted now in ferradore. Its quite a dark colour grey. I think I might give it a very light second coat in a dy or two but it looks damn good. Pics will be coming soonish.

All my slots are painted white also as they dont need to be colour coded for digital.

Just need to get on to ordering the braid now and formally order (pay for) Scorpius.

It amazing how much better the track looks once painted!!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

OK Knoath,

Think of this more as a sneak peak... The photos were just taken tonight on my i-phone when I was out in the shed feeding the dogs - so nothing special.

I will post more photos after final routing and braid is laid.

We (being Syd) still has to cut the lane changes and the braid recess.

Dave

1D408263-orig.jpg

2452F899-orig.jpg

AD7A2C76-orig.jpg

Jumping the gun a bit but I just wanted to rough in the track to check that it was fitting in with all the scenery. Its absolutely spot on!!

DBC6263A-orig.jpg

18317FFF-orig.jpg

F1BD3D6E-orig.jpg

I have all but two sections to go.

Of course, I will have to pull it back out to route the lane changers and the braid recess.

Thats just dust marks on the track surface by the way

Dave

Edited by GTR XU-1

• 3 weeks later...

3/16 tinned braid arrived yesterday and I am taking a week off early in October so with any luck, we'll get it to a stage where we are just waiting on Scorpius order. B)

Havent been doing anything on it for a while as work is killing me at the moment working around the clock!!! :angry:

I am hoping that the scorpius order will go through in October (?) and allowing 8 weeks we should be able to turn some laps before Christmas!!!

Dave

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My track has now been out of action for two years now...and my shed was becoming well over grown with junk and general storage that somehow seems to move from the house...to the shed instead of just throwing stuff out / or giving it away. ANZAC day was my (and Kirks) birthday so I asked Syd and one of my neighbours, Ben (who racses with us in the WASCRG) to give me a hand to clean it up and get the shed ready for when the track is finished.

It took about half a day just to clean the shed out. We only round 3 live rats!!!....and plenty of mess (I hadnt really been in the shed for the last 8 months or so). Anyway, once clean, the plan was to build a 350mm wide bench the whole way around the shed for racers to put their boxes / use as a work bench. We got half way...and hopefully I will finish the bench off tomorrow.

The bench will have little tire truing station routed and wired in along it for racers to be able to test and tune their cars prior to simply just being able to turn around and run their car on the track. Of course, with the track being set up for scorius, this is very easy as each station doesnt even need a socket to plug the controllers into!! The shed is now being set up for one purpose only....slot car racing. No storage cabinets or anything. The boss has agreed to me getting another small storage shed built along side the carport!!! Winner winner! What she hasnt agreed to (As I havent brought it up yet) is building a second track that sits under this track when this one is hoisted to the roof!!!!

Anyway, I took a photo of the bench the other day on my i-phone...and a few other photos of the cars 'staged on the track' (some of the cars dont have rear tires but you can hardly tell. The track its self is still just roughed in also.

We are just waiting on scorpius, then we will finish the last of the routing and lay the braid. Hopefully racing very soon.

C2C81265-orig.jpg

A03CC267-orig.jpg

B6F9D986-orig.jpg

E8C8218D-orig.jpg

A0C12B19-orig.jpg

30E4E182-orig.jpg

Till next 6 monthly update!

Dave