V32 Members

gref

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!

I think we need to look at NOT allowing "one off" entrants.

maybe have a entrance fee?

An entry Fee might not be a bad idea, especially if we are going to provide trophys for the class champoins at the end of the year.

Regards

Rob

I'm in!

I think we need to look at NOT allowing "one off" entrants.

maybe have a entrance fee?

good idea, should talk bout this when we meet, make it easier to agree on anything

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

We had a round last year when we had some "one time only" racers turn up and cause havoc: we'd gone through nearly all heats of muscle cars and the computer was "re set" and wiped all heat info, so we had to start again which wasted a lot of time. Plus being taken out by non members just adds to frustration.

This year at Ged's - whether he likes it or not - no one will be allowed on track that "just happens to show up", we had times last year that some just rocked up and raced and didn't pay what we had to. Made me VERY angry :rolleyes:

I've been talking to Vlad and Brett about a possible "members fee" to go towards end of season trophies etc, and I hope to talk more when we meet. I think together we can all have input into this to make sure we're all happy.

For non members - although we haven't discussed it - maybe a one off race fee/donation to the club?

All members who raced with us last year are already considered "existing members" and at some stage we will have to draw the line on numbers (due to facilities), but all existing members are assured of a place

regards

Shane

What number would you draw the line at Shane? I would think somewhere between 10 and 15. The problem is that we're already virtually up to that number with the amount of members we have already so that would mean that no new members can join.

I too remember how annoyed I was when we ran that muscle car race last round. Though I've learnt my lesson. NEVER let little kids or inexperienced people near the computer. I was also unaware that they didn't have to pay the $8 fee. That makes me feel really jibbed or dare I say 'ripped off'.

Hopefully we don't have any repeats of that this year.

Edited by Freddy

Cheers,

Frederick

This year at Ged's - whether he likes it or not - no one will be allowed on track that "just happens to show up", we had times last year that some just rocked up and raced and didn't pay what we had to. Made me VERY angry :rolleyes:

Fair enough

I've been talking to Vlad and Brett about a possible "members fee" to go towards end of season trophies etc, and I hope to talk more when we meet. I think together we can all have input into this to make sure we're all happy.

That's a good idea at the Phoenix club that's how we do it

For non members - although we haven't discussed it - maybe a one off race fee/donation to the club?

At our club a $2 fee is charged for the first 5 meet's attended and after that a membership payment has to be paid before racing again

All members who raced with us last year are already considered "existing members" and at some stage we will have to draw the line on numbers (due to facilities), but all existing members are assured of a place

How many place's is there?Victoria is a large place,what determine's a member?

Shane don't get me wrong i'm a member of a club and pretty much busy racing with them but when not racing in that club and a V32 meet is near by (Being a Victorian) It would be good to know that i/we could participate without geting the evil eye :snipe: :mallet:

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

This year at Ged's - whether he likes it or not - no one will be allowed on track that "just happens to show up", we had times last year that some just rocked up and raced and didn't pay what we had to. Made me VERY angry :angry:

Fair enough

At our club a $2 fee is charged for the first 5 meet's attended and after that a membership payment has to be paid before racing again

Shane don't get me wrong i'm a member of a club and pretty much busy racing with them but when not racing in that club and a V32 meet is near by (Being a Victorian) It would be good to know that i/we could participate without geting the evil eye :PB)

I don't see why you couldn't join in Dave, obviously if you can only attend a meet every now and then, you'd accumulate no points (this may have to be discussed) most of us know you and you're a good driver, but we may have to add a 100 gram "non member penalty" to your car :P:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure where we should draw the line in regards to member numbers, once again we'll have to chat about it and weigh things up, the only problem I could see is Ged's (we all know what he's like)

regards

Shane

This year at Ged's - whether he likes it or not - no one will be allowed on track that "just happens to show up", we had times last year that some just rocked up and raced and didn't pay what we had to. Made me VERY angry :angry:

Fair enough

Shane don't get me wrong i'm a member of a club and pretty much busy racing with them but when not racing in that club and a V32 meet is near by (Being a Victorian) It would be good to know that i/we could participate without geting the evil eye :PB)

I don't see why you couldn't join in Dave, obviously if you can only attend a meet every now and then, you'd accumulate no points (this may have to be discussed) most of us know you and you're a good driver, but we may have to add a 100 gram "non member penalty" to your car :P:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure where we should draw the line in regards to member numbers, once again we'll have to chat about it and weigh things up, the only problem I could see is Ged's (we all know what he's like)

Well put, as i see it i've got 4 track's within 10 min's from me that i would like to race on in a large group.

As for point's i'm not concerned because i know i won't get to all the event's,

Maybe keep record's of point's and if a person does'nt attend more than half the season that person's point's get wipped or say for eg if he came 2nd in one class (slot it 19th jan) on the night his points get wipped and 3rd become's 2nd and so on. Maybe to much trouble just an idea. :P

Ps ,

I will be quiet now you've probally got a headache allready.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Fair enough

Well put, as i see it i've got 4 track's within 10 min's from me that i would like to race on in a large group.

As for point's i'm not concerned because i know i won't get to all the event's,

Maybe keep record's of point's and if a person does'nt attend more than half the season that person's point's get wipped or say for eg if he came 2nd in one class (slot it 19th jan) on the night his points get wipped and 3rd become's 2nd and so on. Maybe to much trouble just an idea. :P

very easy to do that, I had that i mind anyway

Edited by gref

regards

Shane

I'd welcome Dave into the club, I'm sure we could learn a thing or two about set ups for the Kingleman!!!

Oh, and I too like the 100gm handicap!!! :angry:

Thanks for your input Dave... dunno what the point of the $2 fee is though? I'd have thought a member fee of say $10-$20 up front would show commitment enough...

I don't want to see a repeat of the Muscle car round re-run, or the kid driving the wrong way round the Kingleman!!!!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"