BMR

Torana A9x Body

may i have one of each too?

please PM me when its available

I need to finish the haychback (A9X) before I start the 4 door , I am trying to get it done by The end of Febuary - I need a body myself to enter in the 2008 proxy race series

Got back to it a little today , the bonnet has a slope and the flares are starting to shape up , grill and tailights next step should be on target to flop in rubber by mid week next week ...fingers crossed

th_A9Xonbasebeforeundercoat.jpg

The guards are on now and its all sitting on a base , the base is to stop the rubber molding material from seeping inside the plug when its poured. The guards are set below the sill panel level at this point as the first molding of the body will be to get a shell that will be easier and less fragile to work on and I can also cast a mold from the rubber mold to use as a vacuum forming plug for windows.

Looks good Steve :lol: Shall I start working on the decals ;)

You will need another side photo as the rear wheel arch has been moved forward to be on scale and in the correct spot . 81mm wheelbase now

These pics are not real good , I need a proper camera - my camera is a great phone

th_croppedfrontviewred.jpg

th_croppedtopviewred.jpg

th_croppedtaillightviewred.jpg

th_croppedsideviewred.jpg

Edited by BMR

I think I will dig this plug out of the cupboard and give it some better detail and silicone mold it as well since Im gettin my hands dirty , maybe I can beat a certian other mob to it as they have taken to flopping it and as far as I know they are making a true scale mold from it :D nice of them to ask or at least offer me a hard copy ??

th_monaropluginyellow.jpg

I'll grab one of those there monroes as well then if possible.

cheers.

No problem but it may be a month or two before I get past the Torana and the 2008 proxy build before the Monro is remolded its on the ASAP list though

Pouring the rubber over the plug tomorrow , I will try to get a body early next week , fingers crossed hope nothing goes wrong from here

Pouring the rubber over the plug tomorrow , I will try to get a body early next week , fingers crossed hope nothing goes wrong from here

Best of luck mate!

Hope it all goes well.....

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Best of luck mate!

Hope it all goes well.....

Cheers , I will not see any results of the pour until its had a minimum of 24 hours to cure maybe even more time as its not fully cured for up to 7 days according to the instructions. Its like lookin a Xmas presents but not being allowed to open them !

Gotta say that its horrible stuff to work with , I expected it to be a bit more runny like paint but it pours like porridge , I hope the stuff wasn't past its use by date , I have had it (the molding rubber) for about two weeks inside a cupboard away from any heat and light.

It worked !!! Now I can make a body for the 2008 Sports Sedan proxy . The plug is not perfect for details like grill and headlights but those details can be done and another mold made when I have a bit more time . I was running short on time to build a proxy car so had to mold it as it was .

th_A9Xprototyperubbermold.jpg

Told you it was not that hard! :lol:

Hard part is slush moulding a nice even thickness body in one go. You should use about 25/30 grams of resin for the first one and see how that goes.

Phil

Cheers Phill that helps me heaps , I didn't want to waste the stuff by mixing too much as I have one for me and one for Imkouwl to make and Imugford has a clear body he wants slushed.

But however since Imugford and Imkouwl are entering the proxy maybe 160 - 180 gram bodies with 25/30 grams of lead reinforcement in the rooftops would be good for them - heavy n slow to keep their acceleration down to a crawl huh <_<

Unfortunately the rubber didn't flow or a bubble formed between the bonnet scoop and front window

Edited by BMR

Just as a matter of interest do you degas the silicone prior to pouring?

Regards

Rob

Just as a matter of interest do you degas the silicone prior to pouring?

Ideally yes but in my shed no <_< no such available technology but it seems to have worked OK the true test will be when I get the first product out of the mold