Questions Asked And Answered About Dupr 2008

Devious Dave

Maybe the 150mm rule should be changed as it is only overhang from the spoilers and that car is fairly typical of a Sport Sedan. How long is a Carrera Dodge Daytona?

Carrera daytona is 175mm or more long. Does it really matter how long a car is. Do we need that rule at all

Thanks

Greg

Maybe the 150mm rule should be changed as it is only overhang from the spoilers and that car is fairly typical of a Sport Sedan. How long is a Carrera Dodge Daytona?

Hmmm I just checked...The Dodge Daytona/Plymouth Superbirds are 175mm end to end. Even a Plymouth Roadrunner comes in at 165mm

150mm is clearly inadequate so lets go with 175mm overall length. The wheelbase of the Dodge/Plymouth comes in at 90mm.

Regs will be updated

Edited by sidecar steve

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Isn't there some rule somewhere about Canadian cars being too ugly to enter? :huh:

Van, isn't that thing going to be too long to fit the length rule - max of 150mm? Pity as that Opel is exactly what Sports Swedans is all about.

Cheers

Paul

The Opel is 170mm long but you could sacrafice some rear wing and front spoiler to get down to 150 ? mmmmm chop chop ?

Mmmmm...not. Thanks for changing up the official length. I honestly don't think that the car's length matters much. Width or track is generally a more influential performance factor. An eligible car list would be great.

Thanks,

Van

CPR_P_Sticker_200.jpgCPR_GT_Sticker_200.jpgCPR_GTU_Sticker_200.jpg

An eligible car list would be great.

Wouldn't it be easier to provide a list of cars that aren't eligible? There's not much that isn't allowed. Just follow these guidelines and you should be OK

Based on a 2 or 4 door volume production car manufactured prior to 31/12/90.

Was equipped from the factory with a rear seat

Was designed to seat a total of 5 persons minimum.

No JGTC

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Isn't it a bit late to be now discussing if 70mm is too wide or not?

I don't recall any comments regarding this when the draft was first put up for discussion,I've already started to modify 1 car to accept the 70mm wide rule.

Terry

Isn't it a bit late to be now discussing if 70mm is too wide or not?

I don't recall any comments regarding this when the draft was first put up for discussion,I've already started to modify 1 car to accept the 70mm wide rule.

Terry

The draft regs were put up with the width at 70mm which I based on the formula (MRRC Celica)+5mm. The only comment on the width was Sports Racer trying to figure out how to make a Trabant 70mm wide :lol:

As an aside, I've since found that there is a slight bulge in my Celica's rear guards and the measurement blows out to 68mm at one point.

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

The original talks were about using the as the base for width! I assumed that the Celica was the widest at 65mm.

Phil

Ditto on Phils comment I also thought the two above cars (Celica and Capri) were used as examples of the max limit.

In regards to the draft rules - not everyone reads Auslot every day , and we have a few months as far as I know to build cars ? So are the rules now concrete or still being formulated ?

Ya have to excuse me for not being totally up to date I have been away and its a bit late at the moment , 2am to go back through all the posts. Im keen to know the complete build rules , as are a few other SCSC people that also had a few comments about width and modified RTR chassis at the last race night we had here in SA.

4.2.5 Cars to be received by the organiser before the advertised date

?????????????????????

:lol: Not much point putting in dates when we havent decided the schedule of rounds. There will be an announcement opening for entries whith details of rounds, dates and hosts. Look for this next month.

So are the rules now concrete or still being formulated ?

I lean to the view that good rules and regs are those that can be amended where and when required. remember, I live in Victoria which is a shrine to stupid legislation.......

But as for the set currently posted, they are as close to concrete as is possible.

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Coopdevil asked:

How does this stand for 2+2 coupes? Looking around at the linked webpages I see the first gen Rex 7 and the Calibra and I fancy the latter as a "doable" car for my first foray into proxy racing but I know the Calibra is a two door and I wonder if you could get 5 people in one - I don't fancy creeping onto someone's drive and peering into their car to check out the size of the rear seats, perhaps a difficult one to explain when the owner comes after you with a crooklock!

According to wikipedia, the Opel Calibra was launched in 1989 (I must admit, I didn't think it was that early) and sold in Oz as a Holden. An OK car?

Coop

Above all else, eligible cars should be in the spirit of Sports Sedans. As Phil pointed out awhile back, the 5 seater rule maybe a bit problematic but the intent was to exclude cares not in the spirit of the class. To my mind, the VW, the RX7 and the Calibra are in the spirit of the event and none are what I would class GT cars so....Yes, they qualify.

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Hmcsat asked

I have just received my little proxy entry from the UK.

I am going to put the dremel and Selleys plastibond to a Revell VW Fun Cup car. Slot It running gear, NSR rims, MJK tyres, lowered, chopped and tubbed.

Could I please get a clarification on the max width ans it will be maxxxxxxeeddd

Max width is 70mm measured across the widest part of the car including the wing.

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Smallnails asked/stated...

If cars don't meet the first scrutineering they should be sent back to the owners!

Not allowed on track!!!!

Or they should be allowed to race and not be able to accrue points!

Santa brought me a brand new and very, very accurate micrometer/vernier set.............initial scrutineering could be most interesting!!! :rofl: :snipe:

3.2 Compliance

3.2.1 If at any time through the series a car is found to not comply with the regulations, the car will be withdrawn from the series and the owner notified of the non-compliance.

3.2.2 Any car found to be non-compliant shall forfeit all accrued points to that date.

3.2.3 The owner can:

3.2.3.1 ask the organisers to make good the car and continue with the series,

3.2.3.2 have it returned to them for repairs and returned to the series or

3.2.3.3 returned and withdrawn from the series.

3.2.4 Any cost incurred will be paid by the entrant.

If a car fails initial scrutineering, the above applies. Non-compliant cars won't be allowed to run until they are made compliant. For cars over the width limit, I've also got a belt sander... :D :rofl: :devil:

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Hellrazor enquired about the dates for this years DUPR.

Last Years Proxy started in April and this year will start a bit earlier, probably March. Still have to finalise the rounds etc.. so aim to have your car ready for posting to Melbourne to arrive by the end of February.

Edited by sidecar steve
update

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Hellrazor asked:

1. I'll probably have a donor chassis for Celica body, unless I have to buy a new one.

What is legal as far as mounting the body goes?

There isn't a reg to cover mounting. Whatever it takes is ok. Just make it strong!

2.Do 'race colors' for the body include a fanatasy livery?

Yep. Check out some of the 1:1 sites linked in the regs to get the general idea.

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Sprint asked:

A question : I was forced to trim some plastic from the chassis sides, because the body is very slim; it's legal? ( of course all other measures remain unchanged )

Ciao Pasquale e benvenuto. Le modifiche che avete descritto sono permesse dalle regolazioni. (Yes, trimming the chassis to fit the body is legal)

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

phoeno29 asked:

what happens to a car that in round 1 looses the front right hand corner of its body work and no long looks like a neat race car it once was ? still drives ok just looks like it has a wheel hanging out !

Hi Martin.

We might have to invest in some 1:32 scale gaffer tape! :rolleyes: Seriously though, in the spirit of the regs, I would expect that the round host would (with the approval of the owner) attempt some repairs :mallet: , but provided it still ran ok and would not pose a risk to other cars, drivers and marshalls, it would probably be able to continue on. This would have to be looked at on a case by case basis and adjudicated on by the panel.

Of course, any car intentionally built to shed body parts as a weight saving measure will be sacrificed to the Slot gods....... :snipe:

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg