What's Your Fave Rtr Car?

kembro

Too cruel these threads, too cruel, how do you decide.

I'm a "sicko", so my opinion don't count for much, but I am pulled a few ways.

so

Vanquish McLaren M8B #4 Bruce McLaren Le Mans series winner

Ninco Red Bull Touarag (RAID)

Jaguar XK-120 - leige rome leige (green, tan roof) - light kit self fitted

Slot.it Nissan 390 GT1

That makes 3 spaniards and an Italian, and it was hard.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

i have a few faves -

NSR Mosler - a 'flat out awesome' car, this is my car of choice when i just gotta win!

Policar Ferrari F355 - 'cause i drive it every day, testing for the RAA .. no-mag, NC-1 fast, but a riot nonetheless

Carrera HotRods - these cars are just too cool! and reasonable performers too

RevMon Chaparral - my latest acquisition so it gets it alot of laps - 2 big magnets and a motor to match!

Any SlotIt - and i have a few .. OTB these are fabulous runners - all of 'em! i esp enjoy the Audis

Fly GB SuperTrucks - we race these all the time - and love 'em!! if you haven't tries these, you should! a challenge 'cause of CoG, but a riot! beautiful too!

and lastly, a strange bird - the Proteus Model Company

i have a few Lambos - these are fantastic cars!! tho now long out of production, Proteus put out only two models (with differing liveries) : this Lambo, and another - a Heuliez Pregunta .. both models are fabulous - aesthetically and on the track - and the heuliez with FC Barca colors is simply stuning .. here's a pic of it -

pregunta2.jpg

cheers .. pete canada.gif

.. with only fear and good judgement holding us back ..

my mrrc gt one
Probably handles like a Pro Slot GT1 :angry2:

Mine just sits in the cupboard. Next to the Pro Slot version!

Best RTR would probabably be between my Slot It Porsche,Pro Slot Ferrari 360 or MRRC Celica.

Phil

My favourite car is Phil's Pro Slot Ferrari 360!!!!!!

Right up there also is my Scaley Nissan 350Z JGTC car.

I think my favourite car out of the box (& I think some of the best value for money cars) are the Scalextric Indycars. My ran like a dream out of the box (just lucky I suppose). Sure the slot.its & the like run better, but they bloody well should, due to being double the price!

But some of the most fun RTR cars I have used have been the old Scalextric GP cars. We have just run a night for them (these are the 1970's versions with the Johnson motor & no chassis. Sure, they like to nose dive on the limit, but jeez they are fun!

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

I think my gt one has a different chassis and motor Phil!!

my mrrc gt one
Probably handles like a Pro Slot GT1 :angry2:

Mine just sits in the cupboard. Next to the Pro Slot version!

Best RTR would probabably be between my Slot It Porsche,Pro Slot Ferrari 360 or MRRC Celica.

Phil

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Spot on Hoffy,

These circa 70s F1 cars with Johnson "no brakes" motors, plastic wheels , no fansy motor pods err actually no chassis at all were cutting 5.5s on your track. Would have put quite a few modern proxy cars to shame. Definitely seperated the men from the "magnetic" boys. Errr perhaps we should have a magnetic night to give me a better chance? :angry2:

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Carrera HotRods - these cars are just too cool! and reasonable performers too

I think my favourite car out of the box (& I think some of the best value for money cars) are the Scalextric Indycars.

I'm up for both of those (Although I put a lot of weight under the driver of the Indycar & put MJs on it..)

For the most fun I've had with a car out of the box it MUST be the Scaley drift cars. They're strange little beasts and make me laugh..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

The best rtr car i've got would have to be my "red Fly Racing Alfa" no weight, just trued the rear tires and WOW, smooth, quick!

same with my Posch 911 GT1 racing "martini" and oh so quiet

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

The best rtr car i've got would have to be my "red Fly Racing Alfa" no weight, just trued the rear tires and WOW, smooth, quick!

same with my Posch 911 GT1 racing "martini" and oh so quiet

I call my GT1 Martini the "Stealth Bomber"!

If you can get your hands on one of the early Ninco DTM's, either the Mercedes, Calibra, Alfa or Audi all powered with an NC1 motor then you will know what slot car nirvana really is. As Mad Max was told when handed the keys to his black hardtop Falcon, "they are the ducks guts Maxy".

If you can get your hands on one of the early Ninco DTM's, either the Mercedes, Calibra, Alfa or Audi all powered with an NC1 motor then you will know what slot car nirvana really is. As Mad Max was told when handed the keys to his black hardtop Falcon, "they are the ducks guts Maxy".

I`m with Perro i have a Ninco Audio and it is the best.!!!!!!!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...