notHO

Rm Chappy

hello gang -

the other night, we opened up a new car out of the 'shelf queen' collection and let 'er rip -

it is the Revell Monogram Chaparral 2C, the #65 car as driven by Jim Hall and James Sharp as they won the June sprint races in Road America (1965)

chappy1.jpg

chappy2.jpg

the chassis is unlike anything RM has ever produced .. whats up with that?? i dunno, but its a nice treat!

chappy3.jpg

three screws and yer in ..

chappy4.jpg

has anyone else tried this car yet?? wow! OTB, this might be the fastest car i've ever tried! really! faster than a scaley lola .. or any other scaley i've tried .. here's a benchmark - there are only five 'magnet cars' in my collection that can break 11 seconds on my road course .. this one is approaching 10 seconds .. lap record - a built audi tt - is 9.7797 .. i'm thinkin' this one might have a chance at that, on the 'right' lap .. woohoo!

here's the rub tho - this car comes OTB with two magnets, one fore and one aft .. this, added to the fabulous motor/gearing, make a rocket! maybe not so good mag-free - and so, of no intrinsic value to many - but that's not what i'm gonna do with it!! racing alone, this car is a rush!

so - are any other RM cars like this one? i've heard the king cobra is - i hope so 'cause i just bought one!

cheers .. pete canada.gif

Edited by notHO

.. with only fear and good judgement holding us back ..

The chassis is this car is the MRRC Sebring chassis as fitted to the MRRC Chappy 2F. The gear mesh has been a problem with these chassis's in the past. The rear axle needs to be spaced to correct the gear mesh.

The 2f is not as fast as the Fly cars when they are both set up well. So they are no where near Slot IT's in performance,but they should run in a different class. I think the Chappy could be almost as fast as the Fly's with enought work.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Loks like it has two magnets too so that would help.

yeah vin - it does - big ones too!

The 2f is not as fast as the Fly cars when they are both set up well. So they are no where near Slot IT's in performance,but they should run in a different class. I think the Chappy could be almost as fast as the Fly's with enought work.

great info phil - thanks .. i agree about your latter comments too - after tuning! but -OTB, this is a screaming car!!

the chassis is adjustable, front to back, so i assume it can (and will) be fitted to a variety of other models .. am i correct that the king cobra is of similar design and exceution??

wow man thats amazing, do you have any slot.it's yet??

and, yes .. i have a few SlotIts .. :nice: :D

cheers .. pete

.. with only fear and good judgement holding us back ..

Loks like it has two magnets too so that would help.

yeah vin - it does - big ones too!

great info phil - thanks .. i agree about your latter comments too - after tuning! but -OTB, this is a screaming car!!

the chassis is adjustable, front to back, so i assume it can (and will) be fitted to a variety of other models .. am i correct that the king cobra is of similar design and exceution??

wow man thats amazing, do you have any slot.it's yet??

and, yes .. i have a few SlotIts .. :nice: :D

cheers .. pete

Yes, the RM King Cobra has exactly the same chassis and running gear as the Chappy and OTB, on the Sport track which I run on, is even faster! I have all 3 cars, the King Cobra, Chappy and Porsche 904. The 904's handling is a little bit twitchy so loses out to the other 2, but it's still a fabulous handling car, given its small size and narrow wheels/tyres. I don't think it will be fair to compare them to the Slot.its as these are models of later, bigger cars with proportionately wider wheels/tyres. Certainly, the Ferrari 312PB and Mclaren GTR (I have both) will show the MonoRev cars a clean pair of wheels. I also have the MRRC Chappy 2F which surprisingly feels a little clumsy compared to the other 3 although they share the same chassis (I ran it without the high wing). Now, if only MonoRev will re-release the Ferrari 275 LM and Lola Mk.6 GT, I'll be in Slot Heaven. :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

i do have an old mrrc chassis similar to those with ferrari 275 body.

i used the magnets for something and lost them somehow.

would anyone know where can i get replacement ones?

the scalex doesn't fit