Macintosh Software?

notHO

Does anyone know of an track editor that'll work with a mac?

Just found one !!!!!

http://www.railmodeller.com/

okay - TWO addictions then .. little motorized toys .. and ..

i'm a long time mac addict too, i bought my first in 1991 (i think) as an LC .. i have scoured for software for timing and track design .. alas, needless to say, i've come up short .. can anyone point me to new software for macs??

the link provided above does work .. i've downloaded the program, but .. hey - its made for railroads mate!! watta ya expect??

for track design, i use the same old PC i use to run the SRM software .. perfect - a new use for the doorstop!

but -

i have a piece of mac timing software if anyone would like a go .. heres a link to their download page - its freeware .. this is part of the blurb -

"RaceManager is a slot car race management system for home track users. The system includes features to allow an unlimited number of drivers to practice and race in an easy to use and fun manner.

RaceManager can be run in 1 of 2 ways. As a stand alone data entry application where scores are entered by the user, or optional hardware can be added for automatic scoring of practice and race sessions. Contact ScaleSlots Software for optional hardware configurations. Currently the system can be used with a DS Timer, and digital I/O boards made by Weeder and EZIO. Other boards and methods could also be adapted"

i have downloaded this too, and have all of the necessary hardward and cables (i think) so i'll eventually get around to it and report back .. in the meantime, other macusers might wanna try it out .. and i know dale would like more feedback

cheers .. pete

.. with only fear and good judgement holding us back ..

Hi Pete

I am a big Apple/Mac fan - my time with Apple goes back to using Apple II and Apple IIe computers

I have a collection of old Apple computers stored away in the back of the garage...most of them still work...I even think I have an LC

for track design this is the only Mac program I have played with

TrackDesigner

http://www.iol.ie/~scideas/Software/TrackDesigner.htm

I haven't spent a lot of time using it though - we are planning a routed track...

they just released a new version of it (23/11)

do you have a newer Mac with Intel Processor? (I just got one <_< ) I have a program called Crossover - I can run some PC programs on the Mac now without loading windows....

or you can get a program called Fusion or Parallels which lets you run Windows as well (sorry if you know all this already)

cheers

DM

I have a collection of old Apple computers stored away in the back of the garage...most of them still work...I even think I have an LC

do you have a newer Mac with Intel Processor? (I just got one <_< ) I have a program called Crossover - I can run some PC programs on the Mac now without loading windows...

thank for the link DM .. i'll look through it ..

i too have all my old macs - they don't break down, so why chuck 'em?? i have the original LC, an original 630C laptop (sooooo slooooow - i should look at the specs), then a 'yosemite', an original bondi blue iMac, then n eMac .. all still run - the eMac is my 'jukebox', the iMac stores all my pics, i even have the LC running OS8 for the kids games (for the nephews, not me!) .. the blackbird and yosemite don't see the light very often any more tho ..

about two years ago - before the intels arrived - i splurged and bought a duel processor G5 tower with a 23" studio monitor - my dream system .. about six weeks later, in typical apple fashion, they introduced the intel machines and the 30" screen .. boy was i choked!

having said that, the duelly is awesome, and runs everything i nedd, flawlessly .. like a mac should!

are you running the new cat yet?? i'm not, but soon - thats what santa is goin' ta do .. right honey??

pete

.. with only fear and good judgement holding us back ..

Ive got the new "CAT" :huh:

Great little system ..

Ive got a dual proc intel with 22" inches.... same story - buggers released the 30inch not long after .. <_<

But seriously - go out and get the new keyboard... much better

Anyone know how to delete bootcamp? ive had enough and running out of memory fast...only got a 250GB external for Time Machine (which will fill up in about 4mths) yes i can let time machine get the pics then delete - but i gotta keep finding them..

word of advice - anybody with parallels running in conjunction with leopard and time machine , get the new nortons for mac, once a virus can get into time machine - there can be trouble.

SPACES - best thing ever

PREVIEW - mate even better

and for $150 worth it

even if your kids jump on - get their own login and parental controls

cheers

my daughter is running Leopard on her new iMac - she is the house test pilot :huh:

and I have it on my MBpro

we like it so far - love spaces and the new finder - we had fun the other day with the share screen in iChat - was pretending my laptop was voice controlled - got in trouble for tricking the young one though - he thought I was being mean...

mind you he thought a voice controlled computer that could open Safari and load and play his favourite miniclip game was pretty cool...

I haven't setup bootcamp yet - I am thinking about getting Parallels or Fusion - waiting to see which one is the best choice....+ looking for a bargain buy (ie vmware fusion can be bought for US$42 at the moment with rebates - but I think that is US rebate only) might have to get a friend of mine to buy it....and send him the money

cheers

David