A tinnie can be a small aluminium dinghy as well. :huh:

If someone thanks you for something, you can reply to them; "No wuckers mate"

:o

Steve K.

A tinnie can be a small aluminium dinghy as well. :o

And if that confuses you too, its a shortening of No Wucking Forries :huh:

This in turn is a polite aussie way of saying ...... Well, I'll let you figure that one out for yourself, I don't want to get banned for offensive language :o

So you see, there is method in our madness (mmwwhhaaaa ha ha ha ha ha...- that was a rather pathetic attempt at an evil maniacal laughter by the way). you just have to dig deep (very, very, very deep) to find it.

Cheers,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

My Website

A tinnie can be a small aluminium dinghy as well. :huh:

ok - this is gettin' silly!

so, to recap - let me see now -

they stole 24 lightweight little boats?? sorry - call me a twit but how can four guys carry 6 boats each - even light boats?? .. vegemite for brekky?

and why - does brissie have a market for tinnies in the back of torries ?

geesh - now i'm really confused ..

as for 'wuckers', those may be seven letters, uttered in in sequence, that never sound from these lips - unless i get really really mad at the dog!

thanks for the try tho .. 'strine is a tough language i can tell!!

btw - i got the 'footy' thing! we play a variation over here ya know?? ;):o :o btw - last weekend, the saskatchewan rough riders (really!) just beat the winnipeg blue bombers (fair dinkum) in our annual national 'pro' finals - the grey cup .. you think its tough to play aussie rules in the mud?? it is!! but try 'gridiron' in the snow!!

cheers .. pete

pete

.. with only fear and good judgement holding us back ..

I remember i went to one of our semi final rugby league matches in sydney, and there were some american women in front of us, not understanding 1 iota about the game, but said that NFL was for whimps in protective clothing... couldnt agree more :huh: that this game was for the tough.

Don't forget ...... kenoath

You'll also find something in common when you go up north into Quearsland sorry Queensland ........ they all add an a at the end of any sentance.

e.g

It's hot a

bloody canetoads a

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

You need to get your hands on this book

Letstalk.jpg

It covers the correct way to pronounce and use the Australian language

e.g

Q... Jegoda the footy ...... A... Nar dingo - Sorten TV

Air Fridge: A mean sum, or quantity; also: ordinary, not extreme. As

in: The air fridge person; the air fridge man in the street.

Egg Nishner: A mechanical device for cooling and purifying the air of a

room.

Scona: A meteorological term. As in: Scona rine: scona clear up; scona

be grade A; etc.

http://www.textfiles.com/humor/strine.txt

This what the Aussie male is really thinking

malebrain.gif[/img]

You'll also find something in common when you go up north into Quearsland sorry Queensland ........ they all add an a at the end of any sentance.

e.g

It's hot a

bloody canetoads a

Sound like Canadians, eh? canada.gif So what does "MTWD" mean? The rest of it I get.

CPR_P_Sticker_200.jpgCPR_GT_Sticker_200.jpgCPR_GTU_Sticker_200.jpg

Sound like Canadians, eh? canada.gif So what does "MTWD" mean? The rest of it I get.

MTWD is Eno the Wonderdogs wife - Mrs The Wonder Dog

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

e.g

It's hot a

bloody canetoads a

hey van - glad you read this post ..

what if three of these guys got together with three newfies over a 24 of moosehead? it'd be an hour (or less, as both groups can swill beer) of perfect english, and no 'outsider' would understand a word of it!! :D:P

also van - i see you used the canada flag emoicon - are we 'allowed to'?? i kinda miss it!

good luck with your race

cheers .. pete

Edited by notHO

what if three of these guys got together with three newfies over a 24 of moosehead?

3 of us got with 3 Newfoundlanders drinking a case of Moosehead beer !!!! :D

3 of us got with 3 Newfoundlanders drinking a case of Moosehead beer !!!! :D

ouch .. are you okay?? are they?? did a new language emerge? aussienewf?

'ize the blokes dat builds da boats .."

did ya like the moosehead?? yummy! twelve is never enough!

pete

Strewth Pete,

Haven't you got a RAA car to build - I mean, fair dinks.....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Oh yes - Stubbies are either 375 ml glass beer bottles or a pair of shorts. A Sloppy Joe is a sort of tracksuit sort of jumper thing & not a roll filled with mince as in the US.

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Oh yes - Stubbies are either 375 ml glass beer bottles or a pair of shorts. A Sloppy Joe is a sort of tracksuit sort of jumper thing & not a roll filled with mince as in the US.

beer is universal !!

and you mean - " a bun with ground beef " ..

a "roll filled with mince", at least when spoken, would mean a package of breath fresheners

Strewth Pete,

Haven't you got a RAA car to build - I mean, fair dinks.....

sure do - but isn't this fun?? a diversion at least, while i wait on the postal service dog sled with my parts care package .. did ya see i have an SCX ferrari coming too .. i'll introduce that later, here, and beg guidance

i hope you all understand that - i'm just havin' fun .. after all, mum is from dulwich hill (sydney) and still holds all the euphemisms and colloquialisms close ..

pete

[quote name='notHO'

what if three of these guys got together with three newfies over a 24 of moosehead? it'd be an hour (or less, as both groups can swill beer) of perfect english, and no 'outsider' would understand a word of it!! :D:P

also van - i see you used the canada flag emoicon - are we 'allowed to'?? i kinda miss it!

good luck with your race

cheers .. pete

notho when you first said newfies I assumed you meant the dog breed my boy could'nt drink beer but he could sure out drool just about anything :lol:

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

notho when you first said newfies I assumed you meant the dog breed my boy could'nt drink beer but he could sure out drool just about anything :)

hahaha -

actually - after a few, both newfies drool the same! and, funnily, after a few, they can understand each other too!

actually - that was meant for DrV and WCR - i didn't think anyone would know of 'newfies and moosehead'

i live in the west .. moosehead is available, but is an eastern brew .. kokanee (a fine western ale) on the other hand - yes please! in a frosty mug please!! gimme a fish over an ungulate any day!!

pete

Edited by notHO

gimme a fish over an ungulate any day!!

OK. Now you're going too far. :)

Please keep the sex out of this post.

May the downforce be with you.

...hey van - glad you read this post ..

what if three of these guys got together with three newfies over a 24 of moosehead? it'd be an hour (or less, as both groups can swill beer) of perfect english, and no 'outsider' would understand a word of it!! :) :)

good luck with your race

cheers .. pete

Hi Pete,

I have a hard time understanding the Newf accent some times...an outsider might think they were all speaking Latin after a few rounds of the Moosehead.

Beer me!

Van

CPR_P_Sticker_200.jpgCPR_GT_Sticker_200.jpgCPR_GTU_Sticker_200.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I saw a link to this thread in scrjon's intro thread.

I've been a bit of a baseball fan for years & have slowly got to grips with some of the terminology & concepts, strikes & balls, ERA &line drives.

I learnt a new one today, which means something very different in the two hemispheres - a player was injured "shagging flies" during batting practice. Now apparently in North America, that means you stand in the outfield & catch balls. Down here, I'm sure that sort of thing is illegal, if even possible - they're so small...

peugeotory2.jpg

My big brother finished up in hospital with a fractured skull from shagging flies. Playing centrefield. Sun got in his eyes. Ball copped him fair on the brow. Best fly ball I ever popped. :D Yup. It was a practice match. Under 16s vs A grade. Both teams had a bye for the week. So it was decided to make the most of the Saturday arvo and skive off training on Sunday.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

So a bit of pride and a bit of regret there Ember?

I never managed to get my brother too good. I threw him one of my trademark 160k fastballs which he swore flicked his nose. I ran him out in a game of club cricket when I filled in for the opposition one afternoon.

But no shagging injuries!

peugeotory2.jpg

Hmmm... Perhaps not so much on the regret there. ;) Big brother was notoriously accident prone when it came to baseball. The year aafter that he managed to put himself in the emergency ward again on the first practice match of the season. This time against brother number 2's B grade team. Fortunately B2 was not pitching at the time. Given an instruction to bunt a change-up pitch he managed to catch it on the top edge of his thumbnail and peel his thumb like a banana. Somewhat amazing that he managed to survive his baseball career.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction