aussieslotter

Scorpius-wireless Digital Slot Car Project.

Mate, we didn't have any trouble with that test track so I don't know what the trouble is. :bday:

Stu

Old racers race harder

Test track was tiny, the tracks over here in Europe are HUGE, therefore greater speed. Dont worry we plan to manufacture a long LC for comp use.......no other way around it.

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hi Guys,

Figureres Slot Centre, Figures, Spain demonstration results:

All throttles, cars and LC worked 100% perfect! We had 2 analogue Spanish championship winners and 2 digital championship winners (SCX digital comp) as well as Ninco representatives, Maslot magazine representatives, and about a dozen or so analogue club racers attend. All were impressed and none could find fault with any aspect of the Scorpius system. All were required to fill out forms with names, addresses and a series of questions relating to the test session. All comments were positive. All were amazed by throttle response and throttle curve setup, adjustable brakes to 1% increments, power and smoothness. A couple of guys said it was the best throttle they had ever used, and that was from both analogue and digital racers, although they would like a softer spring tension.

No one liked the Ninco lane changers once again and we asked the Ninco rep to talk to their development section about this. He said he would, one can only keep their fingers crossed. I was invited to demo Scorpius on the digital track at the Ninco stand in Nurnberg from the 5th Feb.

The NSR cars are the new standard in Spain and the guys loved the way they were set up (by Salvatore himself, owner of NSR). Spirit also has had a lot of suceess here in Spain.

The GT40's although not as fast in the straights out perform the Mosler in corners so they are a perfect match, the 917 maybe a 1/10th second slower per lap but look great, especially the red one which is not available yet (being shipped as we talk).

We had lots of close and fast racing and I enjoyed racing against Spains best drivers (pilots as they call them, cars are cooches, throttles are mandos and track is pista).

The guys had a lot of fun and we are setting up a 12 or 24 hr endurance event later this year.

The analogue guys were particulary interested in the wireless possibilities and magnetic controller with the ability to fine tune the controller like no other currently on the market. Also they were amazed by the LCD screen. Basically if you can please the Spanish you can please anyone, these guys are hardcore =)

For some reason lanes 1,2,7 and 8 had bugger all power taps and slower than lanes 3,4,5 and 6 luckily had perfect conductivity so we had to settle for 4 lanes with outside lanes used as return loops to take car back to driver stations where "pilots" had to move the car back to the racing lanes, saved carnage and with the track being 48 metres there was ample room to race. Luckily I had a translator with me the majority of the time, but somehow managed a 2 hour discussion on slot cars using sign language, facial expressions, pictures and google translator, was amazing.

Lunch is a big deal here, you start at 1pm earliest and everyone sits down for a 2 hr, 3 course meal complete with a few bottles of red wine. Shops are shut between 1pm and 3pm and reopen till 7pm until midnight, quite different from Oz. The food here is unbelievable.

Lots of pics to show when I get time.

I believe there will be pics and reviews on Slotdigital.com in the Scorpius thread in the digital section if anyone is interested. (give it a couple of days)

Sightseeing in Barcelona (and resting) now before the last leg, Nurnberg.

Cheers

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Onya Rick

Great to see that the system ran faultless and that all the locals were impressed.

Good luck in Nurnberg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Woohoo! Ninco will get the message about the LC's, Rick. If everyone liked everything but the LC's, they'll do something about it.

Hey Rick, just had a look at Slotdigital and had to laugh. First pic I saw was of the original prototype. I'd forgotten what it looked like. You come a long way since then. :angry:

Edited by slots

Stu

Old racers race harder

@Gazza, thanks mate, a bit of luck is sometimes part of the game.

@Stu, he also mentioned Europe in economic crisis so one can only keep the fingers crossed.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Keep flying the Scorpius flag Rick it will all happen, there is too much talk about for it not to now.

And 100% component operation in fron of the Spanish is worth a big ovation :angry::o:o

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

How was the response at the toy fair, Rick .... all good i hope

The other sites just posted pic's without much comment

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hi Gazza,

SF and SCI will update each exibitor as they get time as its a huge job.

Video on SCI......Scorpius at Nurnberg video

The response amazing, meeting lots of top people, system going absolutely perfect. Lots of people surprised it actually works! Will post pics when I return. Lots of various manufacturers, distributors and retailers keen to get a piece of the action. Cant say too much at this stage but looking good. :lol:

Cheers

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Well I can tell you my reaction...WOW! I got to talk with Rick at Toyfair and drive the system..."amazing" is my reaction! I was impressed with the excellent responsiveness of the system and the idea that you can pick up the car and race in the other direction with no switching of any kind. I loved that the feel of the system was very immediate and sensitive. I saw the videos a while back about the system but it was exciting for me to see it and drive it in person.

DaveK

Publisher, Slot Car News

Carrera of America Marketing Manager

Great news Rick.

Looking forward to the celebratory Bollinger and beluga to go with the potato scallops and dim sims :):D

2360796044_eb4b5fe02c_b.jpg

Cheers,

Charles

"all I want for my birthdy is another birthdy" Ian Dury...bless 'im.

How can a scollop be made from a potato ? It's a potato cake !

Bloody Canberrians !

Damn good fish n chip shop tho.....

"You Maniacs!.... You blew it up!.. Ah, damn you!...God damn you all to hell! "

How can a scollop be made from a potato ? It's a potato cake !

Bloody Canberrians !

Damn good fish n chip shop tho.....

Heh, heh :)

Given Rick's progress, it's hard to believe that test session was less than 12 months ago...

Cheers,

Charles

Well I can tell you my reaction...WOW! I got to talk with Rick at Toyfair and drive the system..."amazing" is my reaction! I was impressed with the excellent responsiveness of the system and the idea that you can pick up the car and race in the other direction with no switching of any kind. I loved that the feel of the system was very immediate and sensitive. I saw the videos a while back about the system but it was exciting for me to see it and drive it in person.

DaveK

Dave, when I posted on SF that you would be left out if you didn't go to the test days, was I lying? I tested it at Ricks just before he left and as a analogue racer, I thought it was great. Real easy to drive it as digital.

Stu

Old racers race harder

Well,I'm mates with the fish n chip shop owner..He's a good neighbour...But I sometimes wish that his shop wasnt there...

Can you imagine a shop full of late middle aged slot racers..after a couple of Souvalakis' ,dim sims,chips n gravy and all the other delicacies from next door? Specially once a few beers are sloshed down over that mix?

Needles to say the doors have to be left open quite a bit and the paint on my walls is starting to suffer!

The accusation that I am in fact the main culprit is,not true!! Well not all of the time.. :peek:

Phil

Methinks he protests too much...no one farts like Rourkie, dim sim fueled or otherwise...

More pics...

2356860100_fe8f218d57.jpg

clockwise from left: Terry, Bones, Rick and Phil taking a snack break during testing of prototypes for Scorpius at Phil's shop in Finley, NSW. Easter, 2008.

2433287986_ccc6c85ee7.jpg

Rourkie hisself. Too much slot racing is never enough...

No, it ain't a beer, it's a toy car...

Edited by chilla

Cheers,

Charles

DaveK

Dave, when I posted on SF that you would be left out if you didn't go to the test days, was I lying? I tested it at Ricks just before he left and as a analogue racer, I thought it was great. Real easy to drive it as digital.

Slots, I think it's a really very exciting system. I think that what is now called "digital" is the V1, and what Rick has done is the V2 judging from what I experienced with Scorpius.

DK

Publisher, Slot Car News

Carrera of America Marketing Manager

I'd say more like V 4.30 :P . The way it feels and with what's available through the LCD screen, he jumped a few steps ;)

Stu

Old racers race harder

Both BRM and NSR cars were chipped for Nurnberg, heres some 1/24 BRM's running Scorpius wireless digital.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Scorpius in 1/32 NSR Moslers, Nurnberg 2009.

Commentator: Alan Smith SCI

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Scorpius in 1/32 NSR Moslers, Nurnberg 2009.

Commentator: Alan Smith SCI

What the best part of the system is it is platform independent. So I can build my home track as analogue and when I can afford it, change over to this system. Wish I could afford to run this setup now, hehe.

Edited by gzminiz