aussieslotter

Scorpius-wireless Digital Slot Car Project.

Lane Brain Setup Menu

ScorpiusLBsetupcapture.jpg

As you can see you can set the ID of the Lane Brain, select com port, turn anti collision on/off, swap order of solenoids. (on testing it you find LC is straight through and straight through is LC, so you wired the wires to the wrong solenoids?, dont worry you dont have to re-wire it, just tick this box!)

Or your track is wired in reverse polarity, so the liven flipper wont work, dont worry, once again just tick the box, all is fixed.

As you can see LC1 and LC2 are for an XLC. For a single LC you would use LC1 or LC2 depending which lane it is on.

Next you have 3 adjustable paramaters for the solenoid driver.

Once your happy down click Download and the LB is instantly re-flashed.

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

ScorpiusThrottleSetUplatest.jpg

We have now added drivers name and PIN to the throttle set up programs page.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

SccorpiusdesktopCapture.jpg

Pic showing different programs on your desktop ready to go.

From top to bottom, left to right we have Lane Brain set up, Throttle Snoop, Throttle test, Throttle set up, Throttle Capture, Lapcounter, Throttle booter, Scorpius (Car decoder) booter, Lane Brain booter.

More to come.

Proposed programs underway in Jan/Feb '09 are: Race modes Eg qualify, practice, race, a car decoder set up program (eg lights, traction control, driver and car details), programmable best line set up program, pit lane/pit bay set up program, ghost car and safety car programs, tyre and fuel programs and more.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Ok here is the finished product, casing cut properly, knobs installed etc.

Hope you like it.

IMG_0010.jpg

Default screen. Brake trim pot also as default, just dial 0-100% in 1% increments.

IMG_0006.jpg

Blue pot is throttle curve and later an option for traction control.

IMG_0012.jpg

Typical menu shot, this one says "Reflash from PC". Just go to throttle boot program on PC, follow prompts while throttle is in this mode and you have the latest firmware.

Other menu items include:

Configure from PC

Version number

Driver name

PIN

ID

Edit curve

Kiddies mode %

Kiddies mode on/off

Set Car ID and PIN

Many other functions to follow including times, fuel, penalties, traction control settings, light settings and more..

Test results on controller come up trumps with only a few minor firmware glitches.

1% increment adjustable brakes are the ants pants.

320 step resolution from hall sensor gives incredibly smooth control.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Retrofitting Scorpius Lane Brain to Ninco LC

A 400m mm straight is added prior to the Ninco LC to accomodate Lane Brain and track LEDs.

We plan to do some testing on 6 and 8 lane Ninco tracks and these will simply fit straight in quickly with no hassle.

Dead strip is now live. Dead flipper and exit merging point now livened!

Adjustable timing on flipper via Lane Brain Setup program.

The LB can also power a double LC.

IMG_0035-1.jpg

Lane brain being fitted to Ninco single LC.

White wire at top bridging deadstrip.

Blue wire on right is liven flipper.

Red and black down bottom are power from track to Lane Brain.

So in this application we fitted:

a)Power wires + and -

b)Solenoid wires + and -

c)LEDs, 3 of

d)Liven flipper wires, 2 of.

e)Deadstrip bridging wire.

IMG_0033-1.jpg

Showing wiring of 3 LEDs, cut excess wire off to make neat, tape wires in place.

IMG_0022-1.jpg

Showing LC LEDS and anti-collision LED, hole size 3mm, easy to fit. Use tape to hold in place underneath.

IMG_0038.jpg

Live entry flipper, live exit, live deadstrip.

Wire is passed to surface of track and copper taped into place, quick and it works.

Flipper is livened by copper tape on vertical edge of flipper bridging back to track piece.

IMG_0036.jpg

Cover plates on.

Total time 45 minutes, next one will be quicker.......

Im making up quite a few of these including multilane LCs.

Once these are made up they are essentially plug'n'play LCs, just clip in and flash ID.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Rick,

The updates are great stuff - and give a real insite into the control that this will deliver

Role on the Roll-Out

cheers

IMG_0035-1.jpg

Hi Rick,

what brand of solonoid are you using on your flippers?, they seem very small,

I am trying not to use automotive relay, to activate my pitlane entry.

Thanks

Christian

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

The solenoid is average size for a slot car track, nothing special. It is in fact bigger than the Scalextric type. It only has to move a flipper. So it is a Ninco solenoid that came with the LC.

Why do you need as relay? It just needs 12 V pulsed to it for a quarter of a second. After that they get hot and burn up. Thats where the factory electronics take over, its impossible to burn out a solenoid.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Testers needed to test Scorpius system this afternoon and tonight, Im in Kellyville, any help appreciated, just PM me for more details.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Rick,

sorry, I too am only just seeing this. The session on Friday was great, love those controllers - they really are so adaptable, editing the curves was a breeze.

If you need more testers, would love to help, just give me a shout the day before and I should be able to get over there.

Cheers

Mike

Rick, I read this at @ 11am but with a 10 Hr drive I think I would have missed all the fun :)

Let me know when you are going to do another one about a week before and I'll arrange a trip down with work and stay over for the weekend.

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Sorry was such short notice guys and thanks for the offers, anyway thanks goes to Tooter, Drummer, tvwino, slots, yngwie among others have all helped tweak the new throttle over the last week or so. We now have it totally functional and have the hall sensor magnet tuned just right and the the throttle curve totally adjustable in ten bands at 1% increments, thats thousands of possible curves.

Im thinking of adding functions where you can save your throttle curves to file on PC, send your throttle curve wirelessly to a buddy to try out and a couple other minor functions.

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hi Guys.

Testing in Italy, UK and Spain has turned out well with even the fussiest analogue guys impressed. A combination of NSR cars (including the new Porsche 917), Ninco track and Scorpius electronics has pleased everyone who has used it. One analogue/digital enthusiast club racer in UK said it was the best fun he has had in 40 years of slot. Today the local newspaper came and even local TV is coming on Saturday as well as Maslot and other slot magazines here in Spain. Here there are over 1500 clubs and is the best testing ground I can find for Scorpius. Of course Im dying to re test at PhilR's PJR Racing in Finley and Beechworth when I return.

We still have a few minor bugs and a lot of work to do, in fact the further we go the more we find to test. The Ninco LCs are way too short and abrupt so now we plan to make a Ninco compatible longgggggggggggggg LC for competion use, otherwise it all becomes pear shaped no matter how good the electronics are. Ill post pics and videos when I return.

Anyone visting Nurnberg in Germany for the toy expo (Feb 5th to 9th), Scorpius will be on display at the NSR stand, drop by and say hello, Im dying to hear an Aussie accent!

Cheers

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hey Rick, really glad to hear you managed to get Nurnberg in, I'm sure it will all be worth it.

Way to go Rick! mate keep showing the world how good you are, you deserve it

Can't wait for you to get back home and do some more testing at PJR, I'll make the trip so make sure you PM me with dates

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Of course Im dying to re test at PhilR's PJR Racing in Finley and Beechworth when I return.

Cheers

Rick

Onya Mate (that close enough to an Aussie accent?)

Your doing a fabulous job Rick and no doubt far better than most locals would have believed you would take this.

Love to go down to Phil's when you are testing so please give as much notice as you can as I'm all over the country at present.

Who is in Beechworth - we could race some old classic there :bday:

Regards and continue to have a safe a great trip

Mel

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Congrats Rick. Your work will no doubt be appreciated but more importantly rewarded over there! Stay warm!

Thanks Guys!

Much appreciated indeed :bday:

Tomorrow is the big day and everything is perfect, cars, throttles, lane changers all running 100%.

Ill make a post after the event, we just found out Ninco is coming to check it out, as well as distributors etc, fingers crossed they like it.....

Cheers

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Good to hear the manufacturers are coming for a peek, Rick.

I've been following Ricks travels and the response on other forums is really good. Only complaint so far is that the Ninco lane changers are a little savage so they have to slow down to half speed.

Stu

Old racers race harder