Billy_Cart

6 Car Pb V 4 Car Pb

Hi,

This is my first post and have learnt heaps by reading the forums over the last month or so (sorry if its a bit long to start with).

I bought a Scalextric Digital set for Christmas 2007 with a v1.2, 6 Car PB plus an analoge set and had some fun with the 2 Porche Boxter's, however since Bathurst last month my 4 boys have had the track out full time and I recently purchased the SSD Ignition set with a 4 car PB so we could get extra track & Cars (although the Nissans aren't nearly as good as the Porche's).

We now have 20m of track, 4 cars (although waiting on new chassis for the 2 Porches as front ends broke), 3 controllers (one of the boys got too excited & broke one) and I am now looking to set up an area in the garage to allow the lounge room to return to order.

Looking for some advise ?

To extend this track I am considering looking for another cheaper analoge set plus get a few digital car & controller sets plus extra transformer so we can set up a 6 car system or, go the whole hog and buy a new 3 car SSD set with cars, controllers and extra lane changes (probably need these if we have 25m/30m of track).

Once this is done each of the 4 boys will have a set each and will combine for great circuit options.

My dilema is I am concerned with what I have read about the instability of the v1.2 6 car PB (although ours seems to go OK most of the time) and the fact the v1.2 cannot be upgraded to the new Power Pro mod.

So I was thinking If I buy the 2nd 3 Car SSD set I would have 2x 4 car PB's which I was hoping could both be used to give a bigger track more power (ie. a slave & master type set up), is this the case? my hobby shop dosen't know & the Scalextric supplier said no.

My plan here is if the v1.2 6 car PB packs it in I will at least have a back up system until Scalextrix brings out a new 6 Car PB in 2008 if the rumours are true.

Also can a 4 Car PB & a 6 Car PB be used together ? I assume not.

Sorry for long post, hope someone can offer their wise advise from experience.

Thanks,

Phil

Cheers

Phil

You can use 4 as master and 4 as slave. Forget the 1.2 version. See Rikos thread on SF re 4 car powerbase MS mod. A 4 can be joined to a 6 but the 1.2 is useless.

Cheers.

Rick

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Thanks Rick,

It's good to know you can get meaningful advise somewhere the Hobby shops & Scalextric reps don't fill me with confidence.

Regards,

Phil

Cheers

Phil