What Tools And Materials...

slotbaker

whats wrong with plastic shopping bags?

Thought you blokes up there would still be using paper bags and pine boxes.

Got legtricity there yet? :D :(

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
OK does anybody have the name of a good toolbox for storage of the cars because I want a better way of carrying my cars thanks

i noticed the above post -

have you guys got wind 'o these yet??

heres a description and pics from elsewhere ..

The 30124 NINCO 6-Car Carrier measures 13.5" x 14.5" x 3", is completely foam lined, has six sections for 1/32 scale cars, is black nylon with red trim & NINCO logo, has a shoulder strap, zippered external pocket for controller and tools, as well as a zippered interior section for papers, etc. This is one heck of a carrying case for safely carrying six NINCO as well as other 1/32 slot cars to and from the track.

You won't believe the price!!! Not $49.98 or $29.98 or even $19.98............. These unbelievable high quality carrying cases are only $7.98 MSRP.....That's not a mistake.....$7.98

30124B.jpg

30124A.jpg

they have just hit the shelves over here .. cheap too!

cheers .. pete canada.gif

.. with only fear and good judgement holding us back ..

OK does anybody have the name of a good toolbox for storage of the cars because I want a better way of carrying my cars thanks

Reading between the lines, I think Chewycat was after a bit more info, like brand and model or description so it would help track down a suitable toolbox.

Yep, Snap On is a good brand, as is Sidchrome, and Rota, and........ But they all have a huge range to choose from.

Anyway, a pics of suitable toolboxes would be good to see.

Please everyone, show us what you use.

I use a Sidchrome plastic job that I got a while ago for $25 from Bunnings, plus plastic set of drawers from another industrial supplies place. I'll post a pics of them tonight.

:)

Steve K.

Well, I got it wrong. My toolbox is a Stanley, not a Sidchrome. :blink:

toolbox1.jpg

Anyway, internal dimension are about 480mm x 240mm x 240mm deep and comes with a removable tray.

To use the depth I put 2 ice cream containers at the bottom, 1 at each end, then made a tray to sit on those to hold the cars. These are 1/24 cars used at Hornsby.

toolbox4.jpg

toolbox3.jpg

The ice cream containers holds spares, and various nick knacks, and the space between them makes room for controllers.

toolbox2.jpg

My cars aren't show ponies, so I don't worry too much if they rattle around a bit.

The other handy thing is a small chest of drawers that I carry the little cars around with.

Each drawer is removable, and is 365mm x 180mm x 50mm deep, and has a partition moulded in, but I cut the partition out of some to get more cars in.

drawers1.jpg

drawers2.jpg

It's a "Crescent" brand.

:wacko:

Steve K.

• 2 months later...

The other night I was looking for for something to cut a pattern and I started thinking about all the crap I had but couldn't find anything to suit. I then remembered in another thread Knoath asked about a list of things you would need to go scratchbuilding. So I listed the things I could see and think of readily. Others will have lots of other gadgets etc I'm sure.

What do you have in your workshop?

Cordless Drill

Cutters

Files

Hobby Knife

Jewelers Files

Paints & Paint Brushes

Pliers

Precision Screwdrivers

Scissors

Screwdrivers

Stanley Knife

Tapes

Tweezers

1/16" Piano Wire

3/32" Piano Wire

Araldite Clear

Blu Tack

Bowls etc

Brass rod, tube, sheet

Builders Plugs

Chinese Takeaway

Decal Setting Solution

Dowell

Fillers/Putty

Flux

Humbrol Model Glue

Ice Cream Sticks

Meausuring Cups

Plastic Weld

PVA

Skewers

Solder

Storage Containers

Styrene, sheet, strip, tube, rod

Superglue

Syringe

Toothpicks

Wire

Gas Blow Torch

Heater

Vaccum Cleaner

Radio

Digital Calipers

Dremmel

Glue Gun

Soldering Iron

Chassis Jig

Cutting Mat

Desk Lamp

Fridge

Granite Tiles

Kitchen Scales

Magnets

Magnifier

Model Mate

Panadol

pinion Press

Sandpaper

Set up plate

Transformer

TV

Wet & Dry

• Upvote 1

Alan Stubbings

I'd like to point out the one thing you appear to have missed - the couch and the stubby holders! You've got the fridge and the Telly!! :):lol:

Thats two things. And the stubby holders are sitting on top of the fridge, there are bottle openers attached to the wall for non twist top bottles, there are two bins for the empties and there is a lawn mower which is used exclusivley by the gardening goddess.

Alan Stubbings

Girlfriends phone number. Wife never comes into the shed so its a safe place to keep it. :D

cheers

rick1776

i don't think so, she goes through everything ..........

'' i'll tidy these up for you,sweetheart". then the fun begins ..........

i lost :

2 flat screen monitors

1 almost new computer w/the latest add-ons and built -ins (at that time)

1 printer

and a life time of "important" files :)

a couple of brand new fly cars that are hard to get

and a lot more......

when she found some numbers and photos :lol:

be careful....she reads the forum threads too ( sometimes)

:P:P:P

I'd like to point out the one thing you appear to have missed - the couch and the stubby holders! You've got the fridge and the Telly!! :lol::D

Thats two things. And the stubby holders are sitting on top of the fridge, there are bottle openers attached to the wall for non twist top bottles, there are two bins for the empties and there is a lawn mower which is used exclusivley by the gardening goddess.

hey Alan I thought "the almighty VB" came in tear tab for ease of use by the average punter :)

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I explained to the missus that I'm adding some bar stools and a bar fridge to the setup before it's done.. I was in enough trouble for that.

..I haven't mentioned I need a TV & couch down there for race days yet..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I explained to the missus that I'm adding some bar stools and a bar fridge to the setup before it's done.. I was in enough trouble for that.

you need to get the track going FIRST!!!

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

ENO, PLUG IT IN

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

ENO, PLUG IT IN

Did do so buddy. Took some buggering about to put the other orientation of handle in it but I have power to the track. That was exciting with no idea what I'm up to. I haven't been able to "prove' it yet. One of the 'brake pots' blew up but the other handles seem to be fine (even in the same lane so it probably shorted).

Just pottering about at the mo trying to weld up bits of copper tape that Pierre thought would just pick up power somehow. Damn me it was nice to see a car move - albeit only for a short distance though. Lots of 'Ninco Hop' though..

I'll get some more done tonight I hope then it's computer time later in the week.. and the 'cut' wires from the black box. Do they just go into the other part of the white four part wire joint bits?

Edited by Eno the Wonderdog

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.