Where To Get Phot Cells

rsclio

Hi guys have been reading on this forum for a while lots of good stuff

Am trying to set up timing at home and need help finding photo cells around melbourne

Iv'e got everything else hooked up and working just need photo cells to trigger

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

Cheers

Mike

Diamo Stages

Hi guys have been reading on this forum for a while lots of good stuff

Am trying to set up timing at home and need help finding photo cells around melbourne

Iv'e got everything else hooked up and working just need photo cells to trigger

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

Photo cells are ok ..... i used them for years untill all of a sudden they started to play up,so i switched over to the Z 1951 Infrared Darlington Transistor both are available from Dick Smiths and J Car

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Thanks for the help guys

Do I wire these up in the same way?

I'm using slotrace manager

Thanks again

Wire them up the same way using the 25 pin ....... you don't need a huge light source to power them up as well, I just run a $1 12 volt globe (Dick again) over the top on the rally track and three of them,from the same power supply (old phone chargers etc ) on the three lane road track.

If you want a copy of SRM 240b just pm me your email and i'll send it to you

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

How critical is the matching of the transistors? It seems to be a lot of effort to get them matched up from what I quickly read in the instructions on the slotrace site? Im a total numnuts when it comes to electronics!

Regards

Rob

Thank for the help guys now up and running

I actually used a couple of ZD1950 @$1 ea

I splashed out $9 on a LED bar that has 5 LEDs on it made up a little gantry over the track - once finished off will look great

Rob,

I got a handfull of resistors to do all the checking that they said on the slotrace site but in the end it was not really required with my set up as the switching was "strong" enough without using resistor to put in right area.

Iwire then ZD1950's up joined one output which grounded to pin 18 on parallel port then other out put on sensors to pins 10 &12 - Just on the diagramm of the plug on the slotrace webite is of the socket on the PC so plug is mirror image of this

I drilled 5mm hole in track poked the ZD1950's into themprotruding about 0.5mm hot melt glued into place put a meter on the plug testing changed in resistance when a car was over them, plugged in and set it up accoring to program which was very easy and was up and running

Cheers

Mike

Diamo Stages

• 1 year later...

I am in need of 3 Darlington Transistor Z1951 but everyone "electronic" DSE I have asked are out of stock. For those in SYdney, can you point me to an electronically focused Dick smith? I have tried Gore HIll and Castle Hill and both have nothing and are reticent to order them in as they say they do not sell enough off them!

Regards

I am in need of 3 Darlington Transistor Z1951 but everyone "electronic" DSE I have asked are out of stock. For those in SYdney, can you point me to an electronically focused Dick smith? I have tried Gore HIll and Castle Hill and both have nothing and are reticent to order them in as they say they do not sell enough off them!

Regards

Try them at :

Chullora

2 Davidson Street

Greenacre NSW 2190

Tel: (02) 9642 9355

Think this is their distribution centre and store

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Regards

Try them at :

Chullora

2 Davidson Street

Greenacre NSW 2190

Tel: (02) 9642 9355

Think this is their distribution centre and store

Thanks Mel. Will call them tomorrow!

Regards

Let me know how you go, but you can get them to order them in, i've just ordered 40, after clearing out the local DS. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I found the DSE ones work a lot better than the Jaycar ones... though that may depend on how you mount them. I put the DSE ones in the slot and they work fine I couldn't get the Jaycar ones to work reliably in the slot they needed to be beside the slot. Maybe their light sensitivity wasn't as good as the DS ones

cheers

DM

The jaycar ones are differt frequency, the DSE ones are the go. Best to phone around,I am about to place an on line order as all the shops down here have changed to Appliance shops! No service and not interested.

That's the way all DSE stores are going, with the revamp. Will no longer be stocking components period, even from online.

The Jaycar IR transmitters 5mm will work with the DSE Photo transistor 1951. But is no good with the Jaycar equivilent, the DSE Z1951.

The DSE ones are by far the best to get. Check the online stock for a store near you and then go and make them check. I did and found that they had some "out the back somewhere" weren't interested so I asked the manager and he made someone look!