hmcsat

Show Us Your Set Up For The Rally Proxy

Perhaps a little over engineering but it was fun getting it to work. It now runs smooth as silk and accelerates out of corners like a rocket!

How it will actually fair is anyones guess.

IMGP2533.jpg

WRX.jpg

All Slot It running gear with Cartrix TX4 motor.

Its a bit early to be giving away secrets - you must be quite confident :) My secrets are pictured in the SCX catalogue under Subaru Liberty

Its stock with the front drive crown gear taken out and some lead over the flag.

I have replaced the 9 tooth pinion with an 8 tooth pinion gear (the 9 was worn out and I only had an 8 floating about in the parts bin)....Oops there goes my secrets. :lol:

Went for the tried and tested setup ....... NC-1 and a little weight

278cffed.jpg

Very boring i know ...... but it works

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Went for the tried and tested setup ....... NC-1 and a little weight

278cffed.jpg

Very boring i know ...... but it works

R U leaving the belt on?

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

You'll get no 'top secrets' from me mate.

Ninco Evo with suspension, (blue - wonder how that will go :ph34r:) single belt 4WD, upgraded MJK rubber all around (making sure it doesn't stick out past the body of course), little weight similar to ontheflipside's setup.

I still need to upgrade the glide but may not get around to getting one, maybe hot glue in the motor too.

Hey hmcsat, what's that white sh!t all over the inside of your Rex? lol :ph34r:

WRX.jpg

Cheers Manic

You bet Gazza, not so much a new car but a complete re build to the same one, keeping what works and ditching what did not. Throw in a few new trial mods, a new paint scheme and shes all apples!

IMGP3177.jpg

IMGP3178.jpg

IMGP3179.jpg

Now here is a road surface finish I would like to have a go at on my new track rather than a "girlie gloss" finishes some use :D;) .

Link

Used this surface in last years proxy and worked well but needed a few hours of driving on to get the rubber down. Voltage on the existing track 11 volts is best but not sure on the new one as there are some long straights and also heaps of 200mm + radius curves

Slotcarproxyrace17feb08027.jpg

Will see if I can get a close up shot of the "Dulux Tuscan" surface

Edited by Ontheflipside

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

The only way you can give more drive to the front is by changing the gearing if you're running a SCX motor. Or are you trying to get the same drive to the front that you get to the back?

May the downforce be with you.

ninco car
Paul they are belt drive front wheels. Martin: The O rings can be replaced with a small diameter one no problems. But I don't know if it helps the car.

The jury is out on that with me as well.

Secrets? Your talking about Gazza's cars, there's no secrets inside apart from a ton of lead slapped wherever it fits. That's why he likes building widebody Mustangs and Camaros - more room inside to fit the lead. :o

May the downforce be with you.

Have started on my Peugeot. I removed the vast amount of fluff residing in the body after I bought this secondhand, fiited some SCX pro gears and wheels, stuck in some lead, ripped out the lights, removed the guide spring and have currently inserted one of the new Pro 4WD motors wired in with gaffer tape. This seems ridiculously fast after the RX81 and I may go back to the older motor. At the moment it is sitting on Ninco rubber but that will probably change once my preferred tyres arrive.

img2066ia6.jpg

I have also got my hands on my a Ninco Rally car to test and after a couple of laps I can see why these are so dominant, mind you they seem about 10% bigger than SCX!. One question, with my SCX 4WD cars run at home I find that a strip of gaffer tape along the bottom of the chassis is a good way of securing the motor and allowing some flexibility without making it all too rigid, is this allowed under the regulations?.

Thanks,

I find that a strip of gaffer tape along the bottom of the chassis is a good way of securing the motor and allowing some flexibility without making it all too rigid, is this allowed under the regulations?.

I don't see why not ..... but you do run the risk of the tape being caught on different heights or sections of some of the routed (true rally) tracks ...... then your back to square one ..... glue it in!

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

nothing to say you can't tape it down but if it became a problem here at my track and stopped your car from going around, i would remove it and then you have a loose motor for the next 3 months. just glue it :P

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards