Rally Of Oz - Proxy Rally

phoeno29

Just a thought " if johnnys car is run first , on say a dirty track surface and a driver that has just hit the track , Johnnys car could be at a disadvantage over the car that runs mid field with a clean track and a driver that is well tuned into the track ? "

Could the first car that is raced get a second chance run at the end to be sure he had a fair go with a tuned in driver ?

All tracks should be cleaned and run in with a neutral car for enough laps to see the track settle down. I agree mix up the order so every cars gets a fair go, if that means running them in number order from lowest to highest first run then highest to lowest second run, no one is disadvantaged.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought " if johnnys car is run first , on say a dirty track surface and a driver that has just hit the track , Johnnys car could be at a disadvantage over the car that runs mid field with a clean track and a driver that is well tuned into the track ? "

Could the first car that is raced get a second chance run at the end to be sure he had a fair go with a tuned in driver ?

All tracks should be cleaned and run in with a neutral car for enough laps to see the track settle down. I agree mix up the order so every cars gets a fair go, if that means running them in number order from lowest to highest first run then highest to lowest second run, no one is disadvantaged.

Thanks for the answer on that - Johnny is a happy chappy again - I bought up that point as any driver , even on his own track with his own car usually gets faster after 20 laps or so around the course.

My car has lights - SCX standard issue ! :D I would recommend eating lots of carrots before driving it at night :ph34r:

The following list of names is for drivers who have shown an interest.

Lenny Broke, PeteN95, Phoeno, Manic, Hmcsat, Lav, Gazza, TeamRed, OTFS, BigFella, Tazracer, IT Elec, Hoffy, Triggy, Mopar, Holty and BMR.

If we end up with 20 cars, thats about $30 postage for a box of cars from city to city, Syd to Bris, Bris to Melb, Melb to Adel, Adel to Syd is 4 lots of $30 plus $5 home for most cars so the entry fee will be $14 for AUS entries inc return postage and $10AUD for Overseas entries who will pay their return postage seperate. Overseas entries can pay their entry fees and return postage together at the end of the event by paypal.

Any left over dollars will be forwarded to Auslot for prizes in any upcoming comps or hosting costs. Please do not put your money in with your car. I'll collect the money, and forward the amount to each person who does the posting to the next city. As usual I will run a spreadsheet of all the transactions if anyone wants to look or question it. No need to send money yet, I'll call for it closer to the start of the event.

Gazza, can you provide a date for the first round that suits you (Make sure it doesn't interfere with your Casula/Minto schedule) ?

Lav and OTFS, hows the progress ? BMR is ready to step in if your tracks don't look like being finished in time.

I did propose the points system to be as per 1:1 rallying, 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 anyone object to this ? I feel we should keep as many links as possible to the real thing, modern day rally cars, same points structure, single lane tracks, it is not about outright speed but handling and braking as well.

How are the other tracks going ? will they be ready in time ?

Im just asking as we all usually slow down over Xmas with family stuff etc so track building etc takes second place on most peoples time schedule. I will have my rally track up and running in a week or two - Then I can get some laps down and see what makes a rally car tick ? If ya reading this Triggy when can I get some laps on your track ? So I can see how the SCX Subaru goes.

Casula (NSW) - Late Nov

Minto Park (NSW) - Early Dec

SanPhoeno (Qld) - Mid Dec

Hmcsat (Qld) - Late Dec

Holty (Vic) - Early Jan

Triggy (SA) - Mid Jan

Spitenza (NSW) - Late Jan

OTFS (NSW) - Early Feb

If ya reading this Triggy when can I get some laps on your track ? So I can see how the SCX Subaru goes.

Any Tuesday night will be fine.

I was going to ask you the same question. I want some practice on a winding rally track before the car gets shipped.

I will have my rally track up and running in a week or two -

Normal people worry me

Sorry, you didn't say NEED, but why do cars with 3mm of clearance go better than those with 1mm ?

phoeno if I may, having driven hundreds of laps on hmcsat's track with dozens of different models and brands there are certain 'set ups' that suit his track better than others.

hmcsat has constructed his road track with an emphasis on technical elements. I would never use the words - 'fast, smooth and flowing' to describe his layout. I would however use the words - 'demanding, challenging and technical'. Ninco track has a fare degree of flex in it unlike my Carrera track. hmcsat has used this flex to create an undulating surface which is perfect for this kind of event, (IMO). As a result of the track surface being not perfectly smooth, some low LMP type cars, (my most common car) don't run very smoothly on his layout. They run ok, just not smoothly. A parallel would be if you took a Audi R10 for a run around Brisbane roads...it would make the journey but it wouldn't run very smoothly. :D

Most of my Fly and Slot.it and all of my Ninco, Scalextric, SCX cars run perfectly on hmcsat's track. What hmcsat is say is that although cars with only 1mm clearance or less will run fine, with more clearance they will run even better. Since all of the runners will be non-mag, there will be no problems in my opinion. Hope this helps, sorry if I have stepped on your toes hmcsat.

Cheers Manic

Edited by manic35

Mine will be up and going ! dont worry there. .. Im going thru a little relapse of my throat, flu can't shake for the last 4wks and we know what happened when i got the flu before the op! ..... Check back next week :ph34r: I should actually show some of the added scenery items im doing too ! :ph34r: - my roundabout is coming along nicely ! (oh yeah - didnt tell ya's about it huh ! :D

I can tell you now ...... that if anyone runs a car with only 1mm of clearance, it will not get around either Craigs or my track.

As far as Johnny is concerned ...... after the track is cleaned and "rubbered up" ....... it's just the luck of the draw.

Also with our tracks being so large, 35mtrs for me and 40 mtrs for Craigs, you don't get 20 laps to get warmed up ........ 20 laps and it's over on mine, so you have to be on the money from the start

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

When the cars are run for the 8 minutes its the most laps in 8 minutes that wins - Yes ?

On my track i've run one of the fast cars and for 8 min you get 20 laps ...... so all the cars on mine will run 20 laps and the lowest time over that distance wins

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I can tell you now ...... that if anyone runs a car with only 1mm of clearance, it will not get around either Craigs or my track.

As far as Johnny is concerned ...... after the track is cleaned and "rubbered up" ....... it's just the luck of the draw.

Also with our tracks being so large, 35mtrs for me and 40 mtrs for Craigs, you don't get 20 laps to get warmed up ........ 20 laps and it's over on mine, so you have to be on the money from the start

35 - 40 metres ! I will need to put an aluminium drop tank in to cover that distance. :D

I am thinking about leaving my track surface quite rough in parts so the driver will not always be flat out and sliding around everywhere , Some slower sections to negotiate that if taken too fast will bump the car about and possibly de slot it.

I have no idea how rough I can go as I have never ran a rally car on anything like a rally track before. Twists , turns and off camber corners are not hard to get used to on a flattish track but some of the tracks have ruts and corrogations - which I think are great.

Any helpful hints on how rough I can leave it would be appreciated so I don't have to find out that I have gone too rough after its all painted up. I would like to avoid re doing any areas of the track once its all braided up.

If ya reading this Triggy when can I get some laps on your track ? So I can see how the SCX Subaru goes.

Any Tuesday night will be fine.

I was going to ask you the same question. I want some practice on a winding rally track before the car gets shipped.

I will have my rally track up and running in a week or two -

This week Im busy during the days but I am managing to squeeze in an hour or so when I can on the track.... but the wife is running low on patience :D She mentioned I should paint the house windows and I said yeah good idea I need slate grey paint for the track ....Oops I nearly wore a frying pan for that remark .

I would like to say the rally track will be running for Monday night but I very much doubt it will be. Possibly the following Monday night. After I paint the windows :arggg:

As I said before I'll run one of my other rally cars around to rubber the track up so what ever the line up it's going to be even stevens.

This ground clearance is a worry guys ,try getting your heads around a rally race not a road race even if some circuits are flat

BMR Ive got a stairwell and a small room to paint from 2yrs ago . Every time that pops up she sends to the garage to see what paints there. Problem solved guess where the track is and I forget to come back inside as my boys and I are throwing down laps on my road track. She may not talk to me for a while which is also an up side.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

As I said before I'll run one of my other rally cars around to rubber the track up so what ever the line up it's going to be even stevens.

This ground clearance is a worry guys ,try getting your heads around a rally race not a road race even if some circuits are flat

BMR Ive got a stairwell and a small room to paint from 2yrs ago . Every time that pops up she sends to the garage to see what paints there. Problem solved guess where the track is and I forget to come back inside as my boys and I are throwing down laps on my road track. She may not talk to me for a while which is also an up side.

Cheers Craig

hahaha yep I relate to that , the rally track had another hour spent on it today ......the windows still need a paint :lol: