64 replies to this topic

#61 BMR

wheres the tape measure ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

View Postgazza, on Oct 16 2007, 07:34 PM, said:

I can tell you now ...... that if anyone runs a car with only 1mm of clearance, it will not get around either Craigs or my track.

As far as Johnny is concerned ...... after the track is cleaned and "rubbered up" ....... it's just the luck of the draw.

Also with our tracks being so large, 35mtrs for me and 40 mtrs for Craigs, you don't get 20 laps to get warmed up ........ 20 laps and it's over on mine, so you have to be on the money from the start

35 - 40 metres ! I will need to put an aluminium drop tank in to cover that distance. :D

I am thinking about leaving my track surface quite rough in parts so the driver will not always be flat out and sliding around everywhere , Some slower sections to negotiate that if taken too fast will bump the car about and possibly de slot it.
I have no idea how rough I can go as I have never ran a rally car on anything like a rally track before. Twists , turns and off camber corners are not hard to get used to on a flattish track but some of the tracks have ruts and corrogations - which I think are great.
Any helpful hints on how rough I can leave it would be appreciated so I don't have to find out that I have gone too rough after its all painted up. I would like to avoid re doing any areas of the track once its all braided up.

#62 BMR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:20 AM

View Posttriggy, on Oct 16 2007, 05:17 PM, said:

View PostBMR, on Oct 16 2007, 04:58 PM, said:

If ya reading this Triggy when can I get some laps on your track ? So I can see how the SCX Subaru goes.

Any Tuesday night will be fine.
I was going to ask you the same question. I want some practice on a winding rally track before the car gets shipped.

I will have my rally track up and running in a week or two -
This week Im busy during the days but I am managing to squeeze in an hour or so when I can on the track.... but the wife is running low on patience :D She mentioned I should paint the house windows and I said yeah good idea I need slate grey paint for the track ....Oops I nearly wore a frying pan for that remark .
I would like to say the rally track will be running for Monday night but I very much doubt it will be. Possibly the following Monday night. After I paint the windows :arggg:

#63 Gyprock

Kart Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

Iam out, the car I was thinking about running is 1998 model, perhaps I should up date some cars :D

cheeers

#64 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:20 PM

As I said before I'll run one of my other rally cars around to rubber the track up so what ever the line up it's going to be even stevens.
This ground clearance is a worry guys ,try getting your heads around a rally race not a road race even if some circuits are flat
BMR Ive got a stairwell and a small room to paint from 2yrs ago . Every time that pops up she sends to the garage to see what paints there. Problem solved guess where the track is and I forget to come back inside as my boys and I are throwing down laps on my road track. She may not talk to me for a while which is also an up side.

Cheers Craig
Posted Image

Craig

Why is it that racing slot cars can buy me a sheep station.

#65 BMR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:24 PM

View Postteamredracing, on Oct 18 2007, 08:29 PM, said:

As I said before I'll run one of my other rally cars around to rubber the track up so what ever the line up it's going to be even stevens.
This ground clearance is a worry guys ,try getting your heads around a rally race not a road race even if some circuits are flat
BMR Ive got a stairwell and a small room to paint from 2yrs ago . Every time that pops up she sends to the garage to see what paints there. Problem solved guess where the track is and I forget to come back inside as my boys and I are throwing down laps on my road track. She may not talk to me for a while which is also an up side.

Cheers Craig
hahaha yep I relate to that , the rally track had another hour spent on it today ......the windows still need a paint :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users