phoeno29

Rally Of Oz - Proxy Rally

I think the points should go all the way down the field,other wise some one who comes 8th in several races will do no better that some one who is 20th.

Phil

That sounds good to me . consistancy can win the day that way , and a hot shot car could break down with the clock still running .

I think the points should go all the way down the field, other wise some one who comes 8th in several races will do no better that some one who is 20th.

Yes they would, 8th gets you in the points. The other system we use for proxy's disadvantages those who have a bad round where mechanical failure plays a part. You can drop 40 points in one hit and never make them up. The difference between winning and getting 100 or coming 15th and getting 90 points doesn't sound like much but it is a huge gap to close up.

The other system makes the event one long continuous race and not a series of seperate races which a rally is.

Any other opinions ?

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

We will be running SRM as the timing,I've found that it works fine in champ 5,which was setup just for single lane racing against the clock.

Warwick Grove uses SRM so I'm off to a good start as a host. :ph34r: Will we running in the opposite directions as well or just 3 different lengths??

Normal people worry me

I think the points should go all the way down the field, other wise some one who comes 8th in several races will do no better that some one who is 20th.

Yes they would, 8th gets you in the points. The other system we use for proxy's disadvantages those who have a bad round where mechanical failure plays a part. You can drop 40 points in one hit and never make them up. The difference between winning and getting 100 or coming 15th and getting 90 points doesn't sound like much but it is a huge gap to close up.

The other system makes the event one long continuous race and not a series of seperate races which a rally is.

Any other opinions ?

I can understand trying to keep it as close to rally like as possible...but if you continually finish outside the eight you won't know if you came 9th ,16th or 20th in relation to the other drivers. Is it the top 8 and then the rest come last?

It would be nice to know where you stood in relation to ALL the other drivers IMHO.

Normal people worry me

Will we running in the opposite directions as well or just 3 different lengths??

You can break it up any way you like, run them all for 8 mins straight if you want. I just thought I would do mine that way and have some suspense and reporting back to the forum over a few days instead of just posting the final results.

How about a points system like this.

25,22,20,19,18 etc down to 1 for the last placed car. Has a similar structure at the top for those who do well, get a bit of a break and everyone still gets a point per round atleast so they can compare.

How about a points system like this.

25,22,20,19,18 etc down to 1 for the last placed car. Has a similar structure at the top for those who do well, get a bit of a break and everyone still gets a point per round atleast so they can compare.

I am happy with that scoring system.

As I said earlier, then everyone gets a place and knows where they sit in the scheme of things.

Normal people worry me

Hey guys looking forward to the proxy getting started. I'm happy with the format ,so bring it on. As far as my track the SCX ran good for a while until motors dying.Then with the pro turbo motor found it to torquey. The Ninco's run well on mine and Gazza's track.

Just with tyre width the other reason for running even or inside guards is that I have 2 Narrow sections of track. When we first run Ninco,s we had to cut away some foam from the side walls of the track so the cars could fit thru. So the go is if its wider than the Ninco,s wheel width chances are your spending time in the DRAIN with all the smelly creepy critters :ph34r::blink: .

My surface is paving paint and needs a bit of running to get some grip so I,ll use my other rally car to put some rubber down. I'm running a PARMA 45 OHM hand throttle if thats a help. Thats it as far as my track bit of weight and good tyres and a lot of LUCK.

CHEERS CRAIG

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I can understand trying to keep it as close to rally like as possible...but if you continually finish outside the eight you won't know if you came 9th ,16th or 20th in relation to the other drivers. Is it the top 8 and then the rest come last?

It would be nice to know where you stood in relation to ALL the other drivers IMHO.

If you check out the link for this years rally

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=4328&st=0

You'll see that i've listed all the cars that finish in order.

You can see that some cars get "stage" wins but it's the consistent ones that take the day.

I'll supply the same info during the proxy

Also if you read through the threads you'll get some info on the best to run.

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3346

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3097

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2267

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2537

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I noticed in your earlier 2007 rally results pages you list the winners under there real life manufacturer name ,Just a suggestion but how about this time around you also list the slot car manufacturer in the points score results . That way maybe next proxy 2008 it will help people decide on a car to run.

It would also be an interesting read as well for people deciding on buying new rally cars for there home tracks , I know many cars that are entered will most likely not be as they left the box but it still would still be a good comparison of sorts between the different brands.

P.S. I didn't read through all the old threads so sorry if you have already done this comparison thingy and listed brand name placings .

We've found that the cars that perform the best on our tracks have been the NC-1 powered Ninco's

Points-1.jpg

SCX have just released there new rally setup,(Citroen :lol: ) with allen key hubs and gears,drop arm, adjustable suspension and a new motor RX-81b for around the $90 mark

Having said that you also have to remember that local knowledge will play a big part in the final result.

The owner of the track will feel more comfortable driving the make that he has been used to.

But anything can happen on the night, so you never know!

Also ..... Scalextric, Carrera and AutoArt don't get a look in, tried them all ....... and they are all back in the cupboard.

Gary

I made a trip up to Red Racer today and picked up my Rally Proxy entry car. :)

I have almost 100 slots but didn't have a single rally slot among them - That's what makes events like this good, you purchase/try things you wouldn't normally do.

Cheers Manic :)

Track owners to run cars against the clock for a min of 8 mins per round. You can break this up into as many stages as you like, for example, I am thinking of having stage 1 and 2 on a Friday night, stages 3 and 4 on Saturday night and stages 5 and 6 on Sunday afternoon. Each days driving reported back to the forum when completed. Stages can vary in length and direction, just so long as the total time for the fastest cars is 8 mins.

That gives you 20 laps on my track and 16 on Craigs.

I'll be running the whole lot in one hit ....... that way i'll be able to get used to the car and give a better over all time

Gary

Haven't been to the forum for a week or 3 due to work. Looks like I am running a round in late December.......excellent. I look forward to running the cars

How about all the track owners let us know what runs best on THEIR tracks so we can try and make some form of Guess as to what to run!

phil

The Victorian round http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5487 will be slippery. An 'ice like' mix of old Scaley plastic and laminated timber. I know the SCX standard tyre on a short wheel base rally car steps out at the rear but is very drivable. The MJK rubber on my old F1s is quite stable on the slippery laminate. I'm working on more ultra smooth timber turns to replace the existing R1 hairpin hillclimb.

I've just finished a corrugated surface in one loop just to shake things up a bit. Hopefully this will be very different from the other routed tracks being run.

Controller : 45ohms, supply around 12-13 Volts.

Holty

When the cars are run for the 8 minutes its the most laps in 8 minutes that wins - Yes ? Is there anything for the fastest lap overall ? Bonus points maybe or just bragging rights ?

Just a thought " if johnnys car is run first , on say a dirty track surface and a driver that has just hit the track , Johnnys car could be at a disadvantage over the car that runs mid field with a clean track and a driver that is well tuned into the track ? "

Could the first car that is raced get a second chance run at the end to be sure he had a fair go with a tuned in driver ?

Edited by BMR

One of the QLD rounds will be run at Groundzero Raceway (HMCSAT) http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5071

We will run a couple of stages.

Road stage 1 - Lane 1 on the road track running clockwise. 3 Minutes

Offroad Stage 2 - Single lane rally. Includes Ninco dune section as well as grass and dirt sections. 2 Minutes

Road stage 3 - Lane 2 on the road track running counter clockwise. 3 minutes. This will be a night stage.

All tracks are Ninco.

Power - 13.8 volts @ 10 amps

Control - Ninco 55 ohm

Tips for setup.

MJK tyres run the best times on the road track.

The road stage has an off camber hairpin

Sprung Ninco prorace guides !!!!!!!!! PLEASE TAKE THIS ADVICE

There are numerous switch back corners that claim the unwary.

Minimum 3 mm ground clearance will make a big difference on the rally track

LIGHTER IS NOT NECESSARILY BETTER

Hmscat.... I think we might need to test some cars of different brands on your track, the fact that cars need 3mm of clearance concerns me that there is some large enough to require it.

Why prorace Ninco guides ?

No night stages as not all cars will have lights.

I never said cars NEED 3mm clearance, I just said it will make a difference. 1mm clearance will run without a problem but will never be as fast.

Sprung guides or deep guides work much better on the track, but any guide will be fine.

I can turn the lights on !!

Just a thought " if johnnys car is run first , on say a dirty track surface and a driver that has just hit the track , Johnnys car could be at a disadvantage over the car that runs mid field with a clean track and a driver that is well tuned into the track ? "

Could the first car that is raced get a second chance run at the end to be sure he had a fair go with a tuned in driver ?

I'd suggest running several stages and randomising the car running order for each stage, that way Johnny isn't always first.

Holty