Rally Of Oz - Proxy Rally

phoeno29

1. Magnets

Not allowed.

2. Cars

A - 2000 onwards WRC and JWRC. See supplementary list.

B - Must have an interior which includes a driver and a navigator, lexan okay

C - All bodies must have racing numbers

D - All cars must have all windows, lexan ok

E - No resin bodies allowed

3. Tyres

A - Tyres are open to any brand of rubber tyre. This means no silicone tyres like PPR Super tyres, Slot.it S1's, Puma Paws, Indy Grips etc. Rubber tyres include MJK, Ninco, SCX, FLY, Scalextric, Cartrix, Proslot, Slot.it P Series, Ortmanns, NSR. (This is not a complete list, if you know of a tyre that is rubber based let me know.)

B - Tyres should not run outside of the widest part of the cars body work. Mirrors are not body work.

C - No foam content allowed in the tyres.

4. Chassis

A - Original RTR chassis of the same body of the car. Chassis can be modified but it must be one piece between the axles. No Slot.it chassis on a Scalextric body for example

B - No aftermarket or scratchbuilt chassis allowed, plastic or otherwise.

C - Motor may be in a motor pod and separate from the chassis like a FLY or Proslot chassis.

D - Motor can be installed into a chassis that originally did not have a motor pod.

5. Weight

No limit on weight.

6. Motors

Any motor can be used.

7. Modifications to cars during the race

A - Once a car is entered, its can not be changed between rounds unless in the event of a mechanical failure. Screws will be checked, tyres and braids cleaned and set before each leg of the race by the track hosts, no penalty for this.

8. Misc

A - Wheels, axles, gears, guides and braids open to any brand you like.

B - Owner’s name must be written on chassis.

C - There is an entry fee, which is $14AUD for Aussie entries, $10AUD for overseas. Aus entries price includes return postage, overseas entries, return postage to be added to entry fee and paid when event is finished. The sole purpose of the fee is to cover postage costs of cars from one state to the next. If any money is left over, it will be given to Auslot.

D - Cars to be received at Gazza's (Casula raceway) before Friday 23rd of November. Round 1 to be run late Nov. Email Gazza for the address.

E - One entry per person.

F - The points will be as per WRC in 1:1 world, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. TBC

9. Tracks

Casula (NSW) - Late Nov

Minto Park (NSW) - Early Dec

SanPhoeno (Qld) - Mid Dec

Hmcsat (Qld) - Late Dec

Holty (Vic) - Early Jan

Triggy (SA) - Mid Jan

Spitenza (NSW) - Late Jan

OTFS (NSW) - Early Feb

Track owners to run cars against the clock for a min of 8 mins per round. You can break this up into as many stages as you like, for example, I am thinking of having stage 1 and 2 on a Friday night, stages 3 and 4 on Saturday night and stages 5 and 6 on Sunday afternoon. Each days driving reported back to the forum when completed. Stages can vary in length and direction, just so long as the total time for the fastest cars is 8 mins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a list of cars that are eligible for the Proxy Race. All cars are WRC or JWRC Rally cars raced from 2000 onwards. If there's a car you think should be on the list please let me know. The cars are listed by manufacturer so several 1:1 cars will be listed more than once.

AUTOART

Subaru WRX

Mitsubishi Lancer

Ford Focus

Peugeot 206

Citroen Xsara

SCALEXTRIC

Subaru WRX

Mitsubishi Lancer

Ford Focus

Skoda Fabia

Peugeot 307

FLY

No cars eligible

NINCO

Subaru WRX

Mitsubishi Lancer

Ford Focus

Peugeot 306, 307

Renault Clio

Citroen Saxo

Fiat Punto

SCX

Subaru WRX

Mitsubishi Lancer

Ford Focus, Festiva

Citroen Xsara, C4, C2

Hyundai Accent

Peugeot 206, 307

Toyota Corolla

Skoda Octavia

Suzuki Swift

Seat Cordoba

CARRERA

Subaru WRX

Peugeot 306

CARTRIX

Hyundai Accent

Edited by phoeno29

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Porsche looks a bit low ? What is the clearance under the chassis on the tracks ? Im asking as my box stock height SCX Subaru has about 4mm under it on a set up board and Im wondering if I may need a higher rear tyre to up the clearance on some tracks .

I think it would be in an entrants best interests to not have their cars too low.

For those of us who have non-rally home tracks and little or no experience with this kind of cars set up, what kind of height should we be aiming for phoeno?

Would a from-the-box Scalextric, (say WRX or the new Ford Focus) have adequate height?

Cheers Manic

Edited by manic35

You'll find that standard SCX cars are as low as you would want to go , at least on Craigs or my track

Another thing to consider is that on my track there are 34 full corners and a couple of

switch backs as well as the jump and the bridge also the longest straight is 2.6 mtrs.

Craigs track has about the same if not more.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Another thing to consider is that on my track there are 34 full corners and a couple of switch backs as well as the jump and the bridge also the longest straight is 2.6 mtrs.

Craigs track has about the same if not more.

Sounds like setting up a car to run well might be a little difficult. :huh2:

Any tips regarding weight, tires, glides, etc.

Cheers Manic

Manic - on gazzas track they get down to 21sec / lap where as my best was 28sec - and thats box stock Hyundai 4wd - but the cars on Gazzas track may not do too well on mine, short little bursts of speed and flatish .. will know next week how the track goes ... where Gazza's has big undulations, so weight will be an obvious factor to keep it centred.

Edited by lavenlaar

Manic,

My proxy record in recent years is slightly better than yours but still not in the top 80% of the rest of the guys, so I am probably not one to ask.

Althou a Scaley rally car non mag might not be a wise choice, depends how much you want to change.

Manic,

My proxy record in recent years is slightly better than yours but still not in the top 80% of the rest of the guys, so I am probably not one to ask.

Althou a Scaley rally car non mag might not be a wise choice, depends how much you want to change.

lolol, there is always next year for us in the proxy phoeno! :)

Thanx for the tips gazza, lavenlaar and phoeno.

I know your a big SCX fan, how do Ninco cars go on these sorts of rally tracks?

Cheers Manic

Edited by manic35

Ninco's go really well on Gazza's track, not so well here but I only have 2wd Ninco's no 4wd's.

Your welcome to head down this way for a drive on a Sunday if you like. Only 45mins driveway to driveway.

Thanks for the invite, that's what I should do but every free second I get I'm working on my track mate. Not to side track the thread but I've been working with the plaster cloth you recommended - FANTASTIC stuff although a little expensive, (I've used 4 rolls already)...Thanx for the tip, my track is coming to life!

Ninco's go really well on Gazza's track, not so well here but I only have 2wd Ninco's no 4wd's.

Your welcome to head down this way for a drive on a Sunday if you like. Only 45mins driveway to driveway.

Thanks for the invite, that's what I should do but every free second I get I'm working on my track mate. Not to side track the thread but I've been working with the plaster cloth you recommended - FANTASTIC stuff although a little expensive, (I've used 4 rolls already)...Thanx for the tip, my track is coming to life!

Um not to go off thread either but what is this plaster cloth ? is it for the diorama (track hills etc) I need info for this stuff - Im building a rally track as most of you that read this thread probably know and hills etc are soon to be put in place I was going to use styrene foam and flywire / plaster but Im concerned about weight , got any hints for me

BMR - the plaster cloth is a woodland scenic product, $25 a roll for 10ft of mesh with plaster. Dip in water, place on area and spread plaster with fingers.

It is dearer and stronger than my old plaster of paris and paper towel method, but takes 1/3rd the time.

The following list of names is for drivers who have shown an interest.

Lenny Broke, PeteN95, Phoeno, Manic, Hmcsat, Lav, Gazza, TeamRed, OTFS, BigFella, Tazracer, IT Elec, Hoffy, Triggy, Mopar, Holty and BMR.

If we end up with 20 cars, thats about $30 postage for a box of cars from city to city, Syd to Bris, Bris to Melb, Melb to Adel, Adel to Syd is 4 lots of $30 plus $5 home for most cars so the entry fee will be $14 for AUS entries inc return postage and $10AUD for Overseas entries who will pay their return postage seperate. Overseas entries can pay their entry fees and return postage together at the end of the event by paypal.

Any left over dollars will be forwarded to Auslot for prizes in any upcoming comps or hosting costs. Please do not put your money in with your car. I'll collect the money, and forward the amount to each person who does the posting to the next city. As usual I will run a spreadsheet of all the transactions if anyone wants to look or question it. No need to send money yet, I'll call for it closer to the start of the event.

Gazza, can you provide a date for the first round that suits you (Make sure it doesn't interfere with your Casula/Minto schedule) ?

Lav and OTFS, hows the progress ? BMR is ready to step in if your tracks don't look like being finished in time.

I did propose the points system to be as per 1:1 rallying, 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 anyone object to this ? I feel we should keep as many links as possible to the real thing, modern day rally cars, same points structure, single lane tracks, it is not about outright speed but handling and braking as well.

Just wanted to highlight in the rules point

3B - Tyres should not run outside of the widest part of the cars body work. Mirrors do not count as body work.

I have never seen an SCX rally car with its tyres inside the wheel arches, these will need to be fixed.

Had a look at the calender and the starting date will be the 24th November on my track and Craig's a week later on the 1st of December.

No objections on the point scoring, we've been running the same on our rally this year

We will be running SRM as the timing,I've found that it works fine in champ 5,which was setup just for single lane racing against the clock.

We will also be running the timing the same as the real thing - the clock starts when you start and stops when you have finished the designated amount of laps for that stage - any problems and they are fixed with the clock still ticking.

We'll both run each round in one hit split into 3 different lengths, that way the track stays connected and gets nice and rubbered and also we can get used to each car a lot quicker.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Just wanted to highlight in the rules point

3B - Tyres should not run outside of the widest part of the cars body work. Mirrors do not count as body work.

I have never seen an SCX rally car with its tyres inside the wheel arches, these will need to be fixed.

My SCX Subaru is sitting on a set of MJK alloy rims and the tyres are well inside the body , cant vouch for newer cars my SCX stuff is about 4-5 years old. Shes slow but stable hope thats good enough to do well in the races , I think a 6 year old could drive it :P When the rally track is up and going in a week or so I will get my 6 year old daughter to test drive my proxy car , if she stays on then I will up grade the motor :ph34r: