Sign in to follow this  
bump

Ferrari 250 Gto Anyone?

These cars are available as RTR, basic kits (no motor etc) or complete kits. Not cheap but worth every Euro.

cj23dos.gif

cj22dos.gif

More information here

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Are you showing us these as you are buying them next or as a teaser for Ferrari loving Bo?

That Mercedes 300SL Panamericana really looks nice as does the red Morgan.

Could almost justify the price of the kit except for my shocking record of finishing cars.

I will show a work in progress on here soon which I hope to have ready for the last Ninco classic race. I was tempted by the speed of the Jag but did not want to go the same route as everyone else.

Enter an Airfix E type Jag on a Ninco classic Jag chassis. It will be a Lightweight E Type with the flared rear guards. The flares seem to have worked out well. I used that Two part Putty Sidecar Steve mentioned.

In silver it could almost pass for a Slot Classic car. Hope I can do justice to the real one. By the way this is legal for the class as long as I use Ninco parts. I dont expect it to be faster than the Ninco Jag or Ferrari but it should be up there.

The Slot Classic cars almost fit the Ninco Classic spec as they're NC-1 except they're on a proprietary chassis. They're nice runners as the resin adds a good amount of weight. And they look fabulous on the track.

Seeing that there's some interest in kit cars, especially from Bo, it seemed a good idea to post the availability of these kits. They fall between Racer and Proto in terms of price and detail.

Al and I often talk about driving some of these cars around Wilmott in an event separate from our current series, like a club or historic race meeting. So Bo's Ferraris and some of my cars, Dave and Rob's modified cars and Vinno's E Type could get a run with much less risk of any damage.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

I will hold a historic race meeting here at colyton raceway when the new four lane track is finished late this year.

regards bo ;)

Hold it in the warmer months so you don't need that jacket. ;)

There's also another Ferrari kit from Patto's if you're tifosi.

What this ferrari 365P2 from strombecker,Ive got it all ready. Nice early classic that is just like it was in the 1960 's and very fast with a fox motor as well.

regards bo ;)

ferrari_365p2.jpg

ferrari_365p2_under.jpg

Just for Bo and his credit cards, head to GetSlotted and check the latest batch of Dapretto Ferraris. Be quick, even the pre-orders fill up fast. You'll need around 1900 Euros, $AU3K, just to add 1 of each to your collection.

I will have to pass on those ferrari for now, I have three new ferrari coming this week which will give me some thing to run in on the weekend.

regards bo ;)

I like your optimism with "for now".

If I pre-ordered just 1 of them, then "for now" would apply to the question "Is Glenn married?".

Those Chaparrals look nice but that wing and my driving skills could be a recipe for tears.

chaparral_2f_1000km_spa_67_pdchap2f02_large.jpg

ferrari_312_coupe_le_mans_69_pdfer31202_large.jpg

ferrari_312pb72_targa_florio_pdfer3127202_large.jpg

Now this Ferrari is also made as a body-only kit by Noisey Muse in the US. There is a thread on SCI about one that has been made up. Dave knows Scottrik well, so maybe we can order a few kits? My Proto 350 is taking shape nicely, almost ready for decals. The kit building bug has bitten.

Cheers