Sign in to follow this  
gazza

Oran Park 71

Hey, if they were still racing there, we'd be paying $65, and the dunnies would be no different. hehehe.

And they say theres no such thing as the good old days.

• Like 1

They dont write reports like that anymore I was getting visably exited just reading it. Then that picture with the hand gesture !

Geat stuff. thanks Gazza

regards John

WANT THAT ONE! AND THAT ONE!

Issue 125 of AMCM has a 11 page spread on this event 

51509589984_fd3f3c9b02_h.jpg

50 years on, and still classed as one of the best days racing in Australian motor racing history

• Like 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

On 9/24/2007 at 11:50 AM, espsix said:

Hey, if they were still racing there, we'd be paying $65, and the dunnies would be no different. hehehe.

And they say theres no such thing as the good old days.

You can still visit the dunny (not recommended!) behind the pits at Amaroo, its about the only structure that is still there. but the rest of the sit is worth having a look-see, to see what you can recognise. I don't think any of the original tarmac exists, but you can make out where most of the circuit was, even though bitupave seems to be obstructed by a house. (the one with a transmission tower behind it) You can make out where some of the rocks were that were on the edge of the circuit, and the rock face that the pit entry ran past at the other end.

Gazza, got anything in print or other media about the Toby Lee final at Oran Park in September 1971? My dad competed in a white Cooper S in the main event. All I have is an entrant list, program and pit passes etc, no photos unfortunately.

I don't have anything handy, but as i said issue 125 (current) of AMCM has 11 pages of the day with photos on just about all the events, including the toby lee, grab a copy at the newsagent before they disappear. 

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017