phoeno29

2007/2008 Rally Oz Proxy Race

I'm in with car and track .Early December is good for me .Wont be building new track til new year,as you said could be a good way to see it out. As you know Gazza is in with both.

Good to see entrant from across the ways from dem da good old boys :lol:. A little sceptical about running shaved guide, will have to test on our tracks to see if any probs. Is it (ninco guide) only that it hits the plastic cross pieces on the plastic tracks. As even if you were to shave front of guide it still will have the depth.Anyway there will be a solution.

Hey Jamie I read your post on 2wd cars , yours is fast I can testify to that but after the last rally you better nail and weld you rims on.Wheel comes off car stops :o:) ,4wd wheel comes off still finshed stage :huh: .Scored points. :lol::lol:

Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Arrghh me hearties, me wee lil peugot AKA "pewwwgett" will be making an appearance.

Are we allowed to have the pro double motors installed??

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Guys dont forget that power isnt the order of the day as it will only get you part the way around Gazza and My track. Ninco nc1 or maybe nc2 and a bit of weight as far as ninco goes .

Scx std motor worked well but Pro turbo motors were also little torquey for our tracks .Low motors will also drag on our tracks . I know that our tracks are'nt the only tracks to be raced on but bare in mind a simple set-up usually works.

Phil, as far as holes in rules I think Martin will do alright and as I said before whatever this guy does may not work on every track.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I found the pro doubles are are a little bit smoother than the turbos!

But what might go well on road tracks down here might also really struggle on a true routed rally track!

I might just have to suck it and see i spoze, it might be that i really suck and go bad in this one just to gain the experience!

Yeah Phil, normal rules for Aulot/DUPR proxys. Chassis must be original to the body. ie no slot.it HRS on a SCX body.

I know you will keep him under control, or up his sedatives doses when he is not watching.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

How soon till you start geting serious with track selection poll and entrants Phoeno?

We got cars to prepare :ph34r:

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

OK here it is, the list of tracks that people have put forward. I still think 8 is enough rounds, if anyone disagree's that it should be more or less, speak up quick althou you have had time.

Please PM me the 8 tracks you want included, order doesn't matter. Most votes gets in. If there is enough discussion that it should be more or less than 8 we can change it but we will still need to vote so vote away.

If you are not planning on entering, please don't vote.

Cut off will be Thursday morning this week.

The list of tracks are

Single Lane Rally Tracks

Casula

Minto Park

Lav's Track

San Phoeno

Hmcsat

OnTheFlipSide

This is not the track we will be running on, Mel is planning on a big big version of something similair to Casula and Minto. If included, it will be run at the end of the calendar, like Lav's tracks to give them more time to get it finished enough to be drivable and timeable.

Holty

2 Lane Tracks

Triggy

Fryar Mountain (Manic)

3 Lane Track (Small)

RhysFilbee

Edited by phoeno29

Im ok by any tracks , I vote for Triggys track cos he is in SAust and he gave me $10.00 ;) - It was in 10c and 20c pieces so I can pass that on to Termite as ballast weight.

Hey guys , had a look at the list hope we get something from across the water (Tassie not NZ) :o . Naturally I'll vote the myself and my 3 N.S.W ;)B):ph34r: Amigoes.Even though I haven't seen Mels and Lavs near finished track yet tracks yet.

Martin your putting this on so next vote to you then Holtys ,Triggys, Manics, Hmcsat then Ryhsfilbee in that order. By the way where is Ryhsfilbee from. 6 Rally tracks 4 road I'm happy with that. NSW,VIC QLD represented thats good. As you said this thursday is D Day so may see a few more tracks hopefully rally :lol::lol: . By the way the pic of my road track has changed since that was taken will have to update later.

Cheers Craig

Craig

Rhys is from Tassie and a regular of the DUPR's of the last year or two.

I have received 5 lots of votes so far and I expect a few tonight as people get home from work.

Hopefully the event will go well and more people will build single lane rally tracks in 2008. If there is enough, in future the event could be limited to just those sorts of tracks but thats a long term thing.

Ok thats good. I'd bring up the inbred thing but I have rello's down there in Signet near Huonville and need a place to stay for next years Symmons Plains meet. Also forgot that SA is in it. Only need WA and NT and we've got AUST pretty well covered.

Cheers Craig

Craig

Naturally I'll vote the myself and my 3 N.S.W :lol::ph34r::ph34r: Amigoes.Even though I haven't seen Mels and Lavs near finished track yet tracks yet. Martin your putting this on so next vote to you then Holtys ,Triggys, Manics, Hmcsat then Ryhsfilbee in that order.

Ditto

May the downforce be with you.

I better pull the old rally cars out of the cupboard and dust them off , see how they run and get them over to Triggy's place for a trial run.

I will give a couple of cars a run at Hoffys tonight and see how they go. Probably a Stupid question but are you leaving magnets in for any tracks ? Or is it NO MAGNETS at all in the cars ? I have two SCX rally cars to try out

4wd Subaru

2wd Renult

Is 4wd a must or is it ok to leave the front drive gear out on a 4wd car ?

Makes a difference huh....I don't mind either 4wd or 2wd whatever ya call for I will have going.

Edited by BMR

Hey guys , had a look at the list hope we get something from across the water (Tassie not NZ) :o . Naturally I'll vote the myself and my 3 N.S.W :lol::ph34r::ph34r: Amigoes.Martin your putting this on so next vote to you then Holtys ,Triggys, Manics, Hmcsat then Ryhsfilbee in that order.

You need to count Craig!

There's only going to be 8 Tracks

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I better pull the old rally cars out of the cupboard and dust them off , see how they run and get them over to Triggy's place for a trial run.

I will give a couple of cars a run at Hoffys tonight and see how they go. Probably a Stupid question but are you leaving magnets in for any tracks ? Or is it NO MAGNETS at all in the cars ?

Here's an idea.....

Proxy race for WRC and JWRC rally cars, as raced from 2000 onwards, as made by Ninco, Scalextric, SCX, AutoArt, Carrera etc, to be run on single or two lane tracks by auslot members one car at a time against the clock.

Types of cars would be (just off the top of the head.....) Subaru WRX, Mitsi Lancer, Peugeot 206 and 307, Hyundai Accent, Toyota Corrolla, Seat Cordoba, Skoda Octavia or Fabia, Ford Focus, Renault Clio, Citreon Xsara, C4, C2, Saxo, Fiat Punto, VW Golf, Suzuki Swift... there will be others, just ask if you have something different in mind. 2wd or 4wd doesn't matter just one class.

Plastic chassised and bodied cars in RTR form with improvements. (Same concept as other DUPR proxy races in 06 and 07)

Non magnet.

Motors, weight, wheels and gearing open.

Tyres rubber only.

Tracks can be wood or plastic BUT should be tracks that are not used for a round of the DUPR in the past or in the future. This event is for all of the other track owners.

No of rounds to be confirmed, limited to 8. Races to be run over spring / summer and not to interfere with or overlap the DUPR in 08.

I think it should be fairly easy to run the rounds as you only need one driver per round and we can all find that ! No need for orgainising groupd etc.

Each round could be run over a few nights, for example with my round I plan on having it run in three parts, some Friday night, some Sat arvo and some Sun arvo. 2 stages per day, one in each direction over varying laps, say 6 laps on Fri, 9 on Sat and 12 on Sunday. Reports to be posted on auslot after each couple of cars.

Spitenza (Lav), Casula Raceway (Gazza) and Minto Park (teamredracing) and SanPhoeno (phoneo29) I would hope and expect to be 4 of the tracks used.

Points to be as per WRC 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Anyone interested ????

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I will give a couple of cars a run at Hoffys tonight and see how they go. Probably a Stupid question but are you leaving magnets in for any tracks ? Or is it NO MAGNETS at all in the cars ? I have two SCX rally cars to try out

4wd Subaru

2wd Renault

Is 4wd a must or is it ok to leave the front drive gear out on a 4wd car ?

Makes a difference huh....I don't mind either 4wd or 2wd whatever ya call for I will have going.

Thanks Gazza, post 1 of this thread had it all pointed out.

Rules and car eligibility list coming soon.

For my money, I would go for only specially designed rally circuits - plastic or routed, but we do not have enough this year. To me the one on offer that is closest to a rally track is Triggys.

I have a 24m SSD track that I could convert to a 48m analogue single lane track as well but it is not really a rally circuit!

Next year hopefully we could have more purpose designed rally tracks available and across most states.

:whip2:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I'm with you John, I just want the Rally proxy to go ahead.

I agree it would be more fun if we had more track like Triggys and Martins but we don't this year. Like someone said, if the event is sucessful then maybe there will be more purpose rally tracks for next year and so on...

Cheers Manic

Vote for the Tracks ; Im all for the tight purpose built rally tracks , the tighter the better. The open / faster track layouts are not really rally tracks in my humble opinion .

My 4 lane track and the other tracks here in Adelaide that are used by the South City Slotcar Club are open layout fast tracks, they are a blast with a car like a Slot it or NSR Mosler but as a club I can't remember the last time we raced rally cars ??

My track votes below - not in any particular order.

1) Triggys track is the ideal road course , so theres one vote from me for sure.

2) The Carsula track looks great and is a proper rally track in my view.

3) Minto Park is another big rally track

4) Sanphoeno track looks excellent

5) Spitenza is a nice layout short bursts and tight corners

6) HMSCAT will be a challenge for me , I don't have any idea on tyre choice to suit plastic tracks (help)

7) Ontheflipside track ( got any photos of the 60m track ? )

8) If theres room for another track , I started building a hill climb track today that will be finished around late October early November its around 10 metres long with short twisty straights , tight corners and a couple of off camber corners. Im thinking 13 - 15 volts ? I have considered building a rally track for ages and this proxy has stirred me into using some of the left over materials from the 4 lane track rebuild . Some pics from today below.

Next question , what surface is the go on a rally track ? Im thinking plenty of grip on most of the straights with allowances for some slide in the corners and maybe a straight with a lot less grip to challenge the driver to use the throttle to try to stop wheel spin .

What volts are the tracks above using ?

Has anyone out there ripped the guts out of a plastic track to rig up a SCX lap timer to suit the braided timber track ?

th_P03-10-07_1714.jpg

th_P03-10-07_17132.jpg

th_P03-10-07_17131.jpg

th_P03-10-07_1712.jpg

Edited by BMR