phoeno29

2007/2008 Rally Oz Proxy Race

I would also like to reiterate what a lot of fellow racers and hosts have said.. Well done Phoeno for instigating the event.. thanks to fellow racers for wanting my track as a round.. it was a most enjoyable experience and to all fellow participants with a fantastic array of cars.. there is plenty to learn from the pointy end finishers. Well done to Devious, Gazza, and Hmscat for you final placings...and a slightly biased congrats to BMR for a fourth place..3 points a drift. All of those cars were a pleasure to drive on my track. As most of the others... I look forward to next seasons event.

Thanks again..it was a great experience.

Triggy

Normal people worry me

Sorry Stu but Mel forgot to tell you that his track has to be rebuilt as to the excessive weight of th QE2 :P:P Congrats, credit given where it is due. Mel you drove Stu's car brilliantly into 3rd place . Something he couldn't do . :nice: :P Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

At the risk of repitition - well done everyone , Im a happy chappy and glad the car finished further up the ladder than I expected for my first proxy race series , now for the Sports Sedan Proxy - I hope my sedan can do as well as the Rally car :nice:

Didn't realise I still had these in my camera (and with me)

Last round winners: 1st Devious (middle) BMR 2nd (left) and 3rd Slots (right)

Slotcarproxyrace17feb08winners003.jpg

Series Winners:

1st Devious (middle) 2nd Gazza (left) and 3rd Hmcsat (right)

Slotcarproxyrace17feb08winners002.jpg

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Sorry Stu but Mel forgot to tell you that his track has to be rebuilt as to the excessive weight of th QE2 :haha: :haha: Congrats, credit given where it is due. Mel you drove Stu's car brilliantly into 3rd place . Something he couldn't do . :o;) Craig

I STILL say not bad for an engine change and tyre rotation as prep. ;)

Stu

Old racers race harder

Fair enough .A podium is a podium. Hows you track coming .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I STILL say not bad for an engine change and tyre rotation as prep. :lol:

As we haven't officially started yet and the cars are still going through scrutinizing ....

Slots ..... wheels were outside the guards so i've replaced the ball bearing bushes with standard ones which have narrowed the track to normal, hence the faster time .... not rubbing

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

As we haven't officially started yet and the cars are still going through scrutinizing ....

Slots ..... wheels were outside the guards so i've replaced the ball bearing bushes with standard ones which have narrowed the track to normal, hence the faster time .... not rubbing

Sorry Gaz, didn't realise you'd done that. I missed that post. Ta. :(

Stu

Old racers race harder

Fair enough .A podium is a podium. Hows you track coming .

The door is just about finished and the next rally track will start when I get the garage built at my new place. :(

Stu

Old racers race harder

I'll pick mine up sometime between the 7/3 and the 14/3 inbetween moving. :arggg:

Stu

Old racers race harder

Dropped off Devious and Oldslot's cars at Bo's last night

Took a pic of the happy camper with his well deserved trophy and medal

DeviousNo1.jpg

Devious2.jpg

Had to be quick as the chocolate medal was melting

Dave said it was a good series this year ...... but next year he might spend some time building a car, instead of just grabbing any old thing out of the cupboard ......... just to make it interesting!

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Yes thanks Gazza mine and bozzo brains AKA Scar ( he didnt like the name I gave him) arrived safe and sound.

Thanks again to all who organised this event

Regards John

WANT THAT ONE! AND THAT ONE!

Got my car and Magoos back yesterday thanks to all who ran rounds very enjoyable even though we thought we would do better

GREAT WORK GUYS

Sorry Gaz, got caught up with the moving. Will try and slip down during the week. Are you on day or night shift this week?

Stu

Old racers race harder