2007/2008 Rally Oz Proxy Race

phoeno29

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not counting my chickens yet but keep up the good work Phoeno. Would have liked a back to back run but not to be. Hope your wife is ok.Not a good way to see in the new year.

:o Cheers Guys and Happy New Year :D CRAIG

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

What are you cleaning the tyres with ? The MJK tyres dont like being cleaned up with 2.26 and similar stuff it gets into the tyre and stuffs them up , they get greasey and don't grip as well anymore

( that tyre care info is direct from the MJK people )

A wipe with a dry rag is enough to remove any dust or if they are covered in sticky crap a very light sanding just to remove the crap is all they need.

If they ( MJK tyres ) don't grip on a track surface its usually because the track surface is covered with crap from using 2.26 etc on the bad tyres to help them grip. Thats the down side to the MJK tyres they don't like a track that has a layer of 2.26 etc on it , they are at there best on a straight / clean painted surface .

Please don't coat my tyres in anything like CRC 2.26 Thanks BMR ( Steve )

Only cleaning tyres with water so no dramas with your tyres.

Are mjk tyres the soft ones with the air bubbles ?

Yep, air bubbles usually on the inside rim of the tyre and they sand easily with the "residue" being a light grey color.

Triggy

Normal people worry me

Round 4 has been run. i think this direction is quicker as the cars can be held almost flat out up the back straight, certainly the NC1 cars.

The hairpin in the corner is run very differently too, not on the brakes so early as you are already entering at a slow speed.

The faster more powerful cars seemed to like this way better so we might see a bit more movement in the leader board tomorrow !!

Edited by phoeno29

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Phoeno what are you doing just done an average on my runs .Started slow :o ,got faster :D , and got even faster :D:D now slowing up :o ,get your finger out :P:lol: . Blue is your colour man. By the way hows your wife .

CHEERS CRAIG

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Red, Your car is awesome. Has a little more speed than some of the other nc1 cars. Maybe your gearing is different, not sure, havn't checked but I do think your rear wheel/tire diametre is greater than the others.

Some running orders have advantaged/disadvantaged some cars. With this being the first run in the opposite direction, your car might have been slightly disadvantaged this time.

Going anti clock wise seemed to suit the more high powered twitchy cars.

Looking forward to the last 10 and 6 lap stages tomorrow.

PS - wife had a massive spew last night, some found the toliet but is feeling better because of it. Blood pressure is a bit low, 90 / 60.

Edited by phoeno29

:o HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU GUYS :D . Sorry to hear your wife is driving the big porcelain bus . Watch her for headspins I suffer from low blood sometimes and I get them every now and then.Hope it clears up soon.

As far as the car goes MJK are the order of the day with STD gearing and I must say I did splurge for a new Nc1 B4 we started this proxy. You must be a better driver than Hmscat :D:D .He could'nt find the gas pedal .Eagerly awaiting on end results.It's not over till the fat lady sing's. Hope you survived :P:lol: last night and are fully recoverd for the next stages :o:lol: .

CHEERS CRAIG

Craig

Red, Your car is awesome.

Don't tell him that ...... it's French!!!

You might want to park it away from the rest of the field, as i've found that when the wheels fall off that thing, it's contagious

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Final results are....

results.jpg

It got pretty close in the end for a number of cars battling position. TeamRed had the pace and handling over all of the other nc1 cars.

Those that could have been set up a little better or had too much power seemed to group together also in the middle of the field.

During the hours of driving, I felt my driving style changed from 'scx on off type' to a much smoother style. This helped some cars get better during the event and not so good for others (ie my own !) Lavs and Lenny's became easier for me to drive but were a bit down the board by then.

It has been a pleasure to have these cars here to drive and thank you to all who have entered.

They will be posted off to holty tomorrow.

Edited by phoeno29

Onya Martin good job

Congrats Graig .... finally up at the pointy end

Another 3 different faces on the podeum

Untitled-1.gif

Bring on round 5

Edited by gazza

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Yeah slots, lots of work but once a year is good fun. I didn't have to take pics, but i enjoy that side of it and i'll stick these on my web site in time. the reports back to the forum after every 3 or 4 cars i didn't have to do either but i know in my first proxy i entered 2 yrs ago, they did this and watching and waiting for updates was exciting, so thats why i do it that way.

towards the end of the event it got pretty close for some cars, i had a couple of offs with my own car which didn't help. its ok to drive on the short runs but being a bit twitchy with the power, on the longer runs your more likely to get caught out, and i did.

i guess this is why with a proxy, the car needs to be easy to drive, for people of all standards and tracks. i started the driving, used to driving one way but at the end of it, had a slightly different driving style, much smoother for the smoother powered cars which didn't help them at the start of the event but towards the end it helped them out.

It was an interesting exercise to go through and learn that way and i am glad I got the chance to do so.

If any of you guys want the original files of the pics i posted for printing purposes let me know and i'll email the files to you.

slots - you car was is the heaviest in the field by about 20 grams !!

Oldslot - it is always a pleasure to drive your cars.

bigfella - your car was pretty good too, like mine the ninco tyre were ok, but mjks seemed to be a little better. also the nc2 is slightly loose, causing a bit of a hop under acceleration.

Edited by phoeno29