MOPARGREG

Rocommendations For Buying From Overseas

Hi guys,

I am interested in buying a few cars that are not available in Australia. They are widely available overseas. Can anyone please recommend some international shops or ebay people that you have had good experiences with. I guess I want cheap & reliable if there is such a thing.

Many thanks

Greg

Thanks

Greg

Hi guys,

I am interested in buying a few cars that are not available in Australia. They are widely available overseas. Can anyone please recommend some international shops or ebay people that you have had good experiences with. I guess I want cheap & reliable if there is such a thing.

Many thanks

Greg

there are many many good places to buy from both on ebay and not. I have bought from many and never had a problem. Always pay the little extra for insurance and if you pay with paypal and don't get anything within 30 days, file a claim and more than likely get your $ back

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I've bought a few things from both Electric Dreams, and HotSlots 1/32

Both are good, but ED tends to be a bit spensive.

Ebay usually is cheaper, but a lucky dip on how good the sellers are. With many purchases on ebay, I've had only 1 dud transaction, and that was with a Queenslander and wasn't slot car related!!

Easiest way to pay for thing o/s is with PayPal.

:lol:

Steve K.

I have found that the UK works out cheaper overall. The postage from the US is more expensive because of the minium package cost. It will depend on how many cars you buy. I use Pendle mainly. Great service,good warranty and remember they should take the VAT off the price if the cars are new.

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

I pretty much buy all my cars on ebay and from overseas sellers, U.S and U.K mainly

mostly because it works out cheaper and the range is much larger,

I've made a fair few ebay deals and the one time I had trouble it also wasn't slot car related...

The only advice I have for buying on ebay is check the feedback!!

And if you don't get a postage quote BEFORE you buy, be prepared to pay crazy postage...

As for OS sellers, pendle slot racing looks pretty good, but I haven't bought anything there yet.....

2004623988374979815_rs.jpg

I've used Pendle and MRC in the UK and found both to be very good. In fact one of them (I don't recall which) after sending me the wrong Cartrix car were going to refund my return postage.. turned out I really needed the car they'd sent by accident and so they sent the original car postage free & gave me a discount on it.

I usually prefer to buy locally or at a pinch use Slot Shop or Armchair up in Cockroach County..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I usually prefer to buy locally or at a pinch use Slot Shop or Armchair up in Cockroach County..

That'd be right, you Mexicans would pinch from us blokes <_<:o

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I have bought cars from the UK, US & Europe & never had a problem with any of them. Pendle & MRC in the UK like Eno, & have found both to be of the highest integrity & usually pretty good price wise. In the US I have used Hotslots, GT Scale Models & Canada (Ebay) a fella that goes by the ebay name kerryvanderz.

Picked up some rarities from a bloke in Holland, cant seem to find his shop link, but he also sells on ebay (roerslot) can be a bit pricey at times, just depends on how bad ya gotta have "that" car, but once you get to know him he offers some pretty good discounts. Mark (Slots NZ) put me on to him for some hard to find Vanquish Can Ams & I ended up picking up some other stuff as well (thanks Mark).

Like the others, have only had 1 tragic <_< experience on ebay & once again not slot related. Seems the slot community have a higher level of integrity than some of the other unscrupulous ebay vendors out there.

SR

Depends on the brand and models you are buying. I have bought a lot overseas because there was only Scaley and a bit of SCX available here until recently. I bought different brands in different countries based on combination of raw cost, VAT situation and variable post cost breaks from different national postal services. It's fun finding the stuff, but VERY time consuming.

I found the OZ slotshops often much cheaper than Europe, because they take of the GST (mostly), and postage is cheaper.

Actually Oz has some of the lowest prices in real terms. Compare say AUD69 for a Ninco car, with 25 quid plus postage at around 6 quid per car. Even if you get at say 22 quid plus the postage, 28 quid total is around AUD68 to 69 at credit card rates. No saving, but you lose ability to deal with your local shop for problems.

Even for you guys paying retail, if you have a good slotshop, try and support them, and sometimes they'll give you deals for regular business. Plus they give you SERVICE, and WARRANTEE when you get the "4pm Friday" car. They also have to stock your parts and other items to support your hobby. Mot of them are enthusiasts like us, helping the hobby. I know it's not your "job" to keep tem in bread and wine, but we should deal with our locals whenever we can.

This topic got covered in some fierce detail a while back on a thread about Mebourne versus Sydney prices.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Thanks for you replys everyone.

If I can buy a car in Sydney at my local slotshops I will buy them there. The cars Im interested I have actually asked if they can order them in but they cant so my only other way is to go international. Based on some of your replies I will have a shop around.

Thanks

Greg

Thanks

Greg

If I can buy a car in Sydney at my local slotshops I will buy them there. The cars Im interested I have actually asked if they can order them in but they cant so my only other way is to go international. Based on some of your replies I will have a shop around.

Thanks

Greg

Yeah, Greg,

I overlooked your primary reason for buying OS on this one. What's the brand/type, I HAVE done a pile of digging on sites in English Italian and Dutch in particular, and sorted out different dealers for different types of car, so I may be able ot make a suggestion.

Mark

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Overseas Slot shops....

Recommend not to buy from Jadlams in UK as they are not supposed to charge VAT to sales outside UK but do, effectively stealing 17% from you. If you ask them about the VAT they simply refuse to sell to you. Now thats wicked, mean, evil and nasty.

Pendles can be trusted and give you the 17% VAT off as well as quick service. Onya Sean.

Cheers

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

The cars I am after are Carrera 70's dodges & plymouths stockcars. There is a small range here in Australia but there are a load more available overseas. One of the main cars I am after is the Petty number 43 Superbird. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know.

Thanks

Greg

Thanks

Greg

Yeah, Greg,

I overlooked your primary reason for buying OS on this one. What's the brand/type, I HAVE done a pile of digging on sites in English Italian and Dutch in particular, and sorted out different dealers for different types of car, so I may be able ot make a suggestion.

Mark

Thanks

Greg

Here are some old topics which answer this question and many more. It always helps to do a search before you ask a question because chances are that it has already been asked before:

Overseas Purchases

Buying Stuff From Overseas, (at war with Aussie Post)

Not Happy Jan, Slow deliveries

Foreign Orders

Ebay Experiences..Grrrrrrrrr.

My Whinge For The Day, Unreasonable EBAY postage

Slot Cars On Ebay, worth buying ??????

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

[quote name='aussieslotter' date='Sep 16 2007, 07:54 PM' post='54488

Recommend not to buy from Jadlams in UK

agree strongly, service is also crap

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I've got to give a plug for Traffic Model Cars in the UK (http://www.traffic-modelcars.com/)

I've used him for his resin kits. He'll really try hard to help and the order always arrives in lightning fast time.

It's just a shame he doesn't seem to update his website all that often so best to email first to make sure he actually has what you want.

Russ