New V8 Supercar From Scalextric????

gref

Was just browsing through the Thunderbird website and it shows a pics of the #4 Jeld Wen Falcon! I haven't heard anything about it and I thought the line up for 07 was complete?

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Just had a look gref. I am as suprised as you.

4 falcons and only 1 holden...if thats the case I will be mighty peeved!

If you look at what has been made in the past it's usually only 1 holden per year except last year? (I may be wrong?)

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Well this ties in with what the sales rep from southern models was saying. They are going to "milk" the Ford V8 cars as it doesnt involve making a new dye, just a repaint. The Holden VE is a completely new car and they need to tool up for it. This takes time and money, errr mostly money.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Well this ties in with what the sales rep from southern models was saying. They are going to "milk" the Ford V8 cars as it doesnt involve making a new dye, just a repaint. The Holden VE is a completely new car and they need to tool up for it. This takes time and money, errr mostly money.

cheers

rick1776

That's fine Rick, but as they are making the VE HRT car, ( we presume ... as advertised ) they will have plenty of bodies to repaint in the various liveries... as they have done with the BA, for the past copuple of years. And surely they will keep the V8's going due to their popularity, so sooner or later they will have to tool up for new models, Ford included, eventually.

Normal people worry me

Very dissappointed, :P pre ordered a jimmy myself. I will still take the Jeldwen, but think the JB #17 looked pretty damned good. B)

That's fine Rick, but as they are making the VE HRT car, ( we presume ... as advertised ) they will have plenty of bodies to repaint in the various liveries... as they have done with the BA, for the past copuple of years. And surely they will keep the V8's going due to their popularity, so sooner or later they will have to tool up for new models, Ford included, eventually.

When is the HRT VE supposed to be coming out, does anybody have their ear to the ground?

SR

When is the HRT VE supposed to be coming out, does anybody have their ear to the ground?

This is what is on Armchair Racer

"As announced earlier this year there will be 5 V8's released in 2007. The 3 Fords were announced with part numbers in February. Due to issues with alcohol sponsorship the C2831 will change from the Dick Johnson Racing #17 livery to the Stone Brothers Racing #4 'JELDWIN' livery.

The production of the 2 new Holdens has now been pushed back to early 2008 and livery and part number details will be announced in the near future."

This is what is on Armchair Racer

"As announced earlier this year there will be 5 V8's released in 2007. The 3 Fords were announced with part numbers in February. Due to issues with alcohol sponsorship the C2831 will change from the Dick Johnson Racing #17 livery to the Stone Brothers Racing #4 'JELDWIN' livery.

The production of the 2 new Holdens has now been pushed back to early 2008 and livery and part number details will be announced in the near future."

:P Bugger! B)

I guess "Jack" won't be coming to town anytime soon either then! LOL

Which IS a shame, we have their agent in our club, a familiar checkered border around one wall of the club, and some nights an outrageous looking "beast" that runs on whisky parked outside the clubroom door. . . Shame we don't have street frontage, it would really pull the punters into slot racing.

Anyone done paints lately? Got any colour numbers, decals designed . . . .

Has Patto done anything lately?

I always wonder how he fits with "licensing" and trademarks etc, or dare we not ask aloud?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

The way the rep was talking it sounded like the VE dyes had not been made yet. They only just won the rights to produce the cars from Biante. However the rep did say that he didnt have anything to do with the production side of things, so perhaps the dyes have already been made??

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

The way the rep was talking it sounded like the VE dyes had not been made yet. They only just won the rights to produce the cars from Biante. However the rep did say that he didnt have anything to do with the production side of things, so perhaps the dyes have already been made??

cheers

rick1776

If he is rep then surely he would have contacts / avenues to find out the state of play re dyes / production?

Normal people worry me

Triggy,

He works for Southern models as the sales person. He sells the stuff, he doesnt have any input into what gets made etc. I do not know this person personally, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and we just got to talking about slot cars. He may know a whole lot more but why would he want to tell stuff to a stranger?

An Australian based race car where the dyes do not already exist (within the scaly range), it will be highly unlikely that the car will have an interior. It just costs too much. Of course he may have been bullshitting me and the next car they make will have an interior. I just took what he was saying at face value.

I mean just think about the number of parts in a modern slot car, each would need to be CADed up, dyes made etc. I think 100k-400k sounded reasonable as a start up tooling cost. V8 supercars are right in your face with every little kid and his dad following their heros and yet we get cars without interiors. The market size in Australia dicatates this unless you are prepared to pay 100+ for a car. Now go back 30-40 years for some historic touring car stuff and how big is that market?

The Moffat and Jane cars are a different kettle of fish as they are both repaints of existing cars. The guy said that it cost low 5 figures to get those cars made. I took that as meaning 10-30K. Do a production run of 3000-5000 and you'll make your money back plus a profit.

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

If someone can proivde photos I should be able to get the images restructured so they could then be printed on decal paper. As I was going to go through the process to create a single trailer DJR and Vodafone transporter. I was hopping to get to Sandown on the weekend with the camera however the boy has fallen ill today.

Andy

"Going FORD is The Going Thing"