Ninco Ndigital Race Software Using A Pc

princejim

We have developed software that uses the Ninco Ndigital powerbase outport, utilising USB or the serial RS232 port of a computer, the resulting output is displayed onto the computer screen.

elfersan did most of the hard work I did the easy bits.

This is not a full blown slot race package like PClapcounter, which is for race organisers, its so you don’t have to look at the small screen on the power base or the lap tower.

I have added all the information I think we will need, even though all information is not available via the outport, re the good work Rich Dolman and Raz have done. I have built Razez pic controller and will use this to input more data at a later date.

We decided to use Visual Basic Express for the software language because it’s free from Microsoft and to do the GUI interface, the part that shows on the screen would be easy.

If you want a USB interface instead of the RS232, just get this cable from Ebay 290150344418. This cable comes complete with software drivers so you can configure it to any comm port and a USB to 9 pin dongle, I just connected my 9 pin socket to the dongle and it works on my Laptop which has no RS232 port.

Ok here is the latest software from Elfersan, you can download it from here.

The new DataRace2 software can be downloaded from here, can people let both myself and Elfersan know your thoughts and suggestions please, please note the restictions of the output port data provided by NINCO!!

http://www.humyo.com/19353741

Any comments will be gratefully received.

So for anyone who is not to technical you should be able to use the data from the outport direct to your computer and just need a cable.

princejim and elfersan

The wise man does not lead you into the house of his wisdom but to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran.

Hiya PrinceJim

welcome to the forums, and thanks very much for introducing this tool to us.

You'll find a great bunch of guys here, some of us are "certifiable", nearly all are "mostly harmless"

I'm one of the kiwi invaders, where are you based?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hiya PrinceJim

welcome to the forums, and thanks very much for introducing this tool to us.

You'll find a great bunch of guys here, some of us are "certifiable", nearly all are "mostly harmless"

I'm one of the kiwi invaders, where are you based?

SlotsNZ, I am in the UK the Midlands in a place called Mow-Cop in Stoke-on-Trent just updated my info. Thanks for the intro, NZ my daughter is a teacher she would love to live and work in NZ.

The wise man does not lead you into the house of his wisdom but to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The current version of the Ninco Digital Powerbase does have firmware that supports lap times of all cars running on the track. (So the PC Lap Counter site tells me).

So I'm wondering if DataRace2 will be upgraded to use this important new(ish) ability of the N-digital systems?

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

• 1 month later...

It looks like elfersan decided that he was wasting his time here due to lack of feedback, unfortunately. :(

[edit:] I sent datarace2 an email asking whether they now have the ability to take lap times of individual cars per lap, as current version of the n-Digital Powerbase now has the ability to read & send this data.

Hopefully this is at least in the works.

Edited by inveterate retiree

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Does anyone know if there are any resellers of the MAARDS & cable in Oz?

Does a USB cable with a PS2 adapter stuck on the end do the job?

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

I recently downloaded the trial version of PC Lap Counter.

It looks pretty good to me. I haven't had a chance to wire up a PS2 to serial cable yet (the wiring diagrams appear easy enough to follow) and while USB would probably be faster, I suspect the serial port will pass the data quickly enough for my needs.

When I get a few days off, I'll give it a go and post the results.

"At last, after two thousand years of work, the illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator" - Marvin the Martian

I like the look of PC Lap Counter too. I'm just a ways off from being able to afford to buy a Scorpius system, so (even though my track isn't functional at the moment) I'm still ferreting around for a cheap solution that will give me constant lap times for all cars as MAARDS & PCLC does.

They probably, require the same USB (serial) -> PS2 cable. The same cable shouldn't be a requirement for using PCLP with the Scorpius system. I think the Scorpius does it all via wireless dongle?

Rick if you scan this sometime could you verify the wireless routine. Sorry, I'm getting thicker, slower & suffering from amnesia more & more as time goes by...

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!